Are some of these times even possible?

On 6/6/2021 at 7:09 AM, Ancestral_Spirit said:

Ah, i had a feeling but i didn't wanna assume. So you have the fastest completion time for SotTR?

Again i don't wanna end up outing someone's strats for speedrunning, since i know that it can be a bit of a no no in the speedrunning community, but did you bug the game out or use glitches for your time?

Also do you hold any of the quickest times in the time attacks, and did you use bugs and glitches for those?

Like i said, i see some mad times on this site and even looking at your time for Metal Gear Solid 4 seems crazy to me, especially with the whole 35 hours for the chicken emblem and 30 hours generally playing the game, seems like it would require a helluva lot of planning and i'm starting to see why you'd need a secondary account to test this kinda thing so you don't mess up your main account.

Granted though, speedrunning trophies and speedrunning in and of itself can be a little different. Obviously you can minimise your time spent on getting trophies with careful planning so that you pop your first and last trophies in the shortest amount of time, as opposed to running through a game asap. But you obviously have to have some pretty decent skill at the game in order to get the fastest plat. I understand that you might not wanna give it a go but, do you think you could get 3mins or so on that time trial and show us how it's done?

No glitches used for this one, just a poor life choice. I did break Anniversary in half and to some extent Legend for those #1s though. Judging by how close my time is with the previous #1 on Legend, I'd guess that his times are about as fast as it can be done glitchless. And I didn't get to actually master any of the time trials in SotTR, as it wasn't required for the trophies, I only made sure I could at least get every bronze on the first try.

As you said, the MGS4 time was done by fulfilling the requirements for the chicken emblem before popping the first trophy, and having an overall roadmap for all the corners that can be cut (e.g. when cutscenes can be safely skipped in the 1st playthrough). I was surprised myself by the difference between my own time and the previous #1, as I had actually noted it as untenable and decided to settle for the #2 or 3 spot when I picked up the game. I just knew I wanted it to be my 100th platinum and to have a time somewhere at the top, since it was the 1st game I ever played on the PS3.

Funny story, a 24 hour completion time that was somehow 7 years old appeared in the leaderboard during my MGS4 run, and I thought I would have to settle for #2 after all, but in the end I spotted definite evidence that it was illegitimate.