Is Memories of Mars Worth Playing?

The premise of the game is intriguing, but when I started to play last night, the interface for the user inventory felt non-intuitive. Having recently played Subnautica, The Forest, and other survival games, I expected a learning curve, but I was wondering if anyone who has spent 20 or more hours in MOM feels like the learning curve is worth the time investment.

1 hour ago, poetic_justice_ said:

The premise of the game is intriguing, but when I started to play last night, the interface for the user inventory felt non-intuitive. Having recently played Subnautica, The Forest, and other survival games, I expected a learning curve, but I was wondering if anyone who has spent 20 or more hours in MOM feels like the learning curve is worth the time investment.

I like to know this myself as I got it last week and want to play it but not sure if it is worth it due it feeling like a pc game port of some kind

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limbic_Entertainment

Limbic Entertainment has primarily focused on using the Unreal Engine with the PC gaming market, releasing strategy games like Anno series and Tropico 6. Memories of Mars is quite different from their other titles, so it would explain some of the unusual interface decisions.