Is online still active?

• 1 year later...

Sorry to bump this old thread but I figured it's better than launching my own thread. So I'm just curious if it is still possible to get all the trophies at this point or are the mp trophies mainly out of reach? I don't have this game yet as I always thought the 100% is unobtainable at this point. But if there's a chance to actually still get it I would be trying to get my hands on that game. And feedback would be greatly appreciated.

3 hours ago, fenris-lima said:

You can only get the DLC from the US store complete version. Servers are still up, you will need to find another 3 people willing to do the mp

Yep, I've seen the complete edition on the US store. Will definitely be getting that one now that you've told me that the servers are still up. Thank you very much for that.

Two more questions if that's ok:

1. Are the servers kinda region locked or could I play with people no matter where in the world they are located? I live in Japan now and I don't think that I would find many people on Asian respectively Japanese servers if that's how it works.

2. Are there any signs of the developers planning to close the servers in the near future or are they rather keeping them up now that the sequel has been announced?

1. Didn't heard anything about it, but lag might be a problem. The game can also crash sometimes

2. There is a thread here for the announced shutdowns. The online is not that long, but the DLC is hard and one trophies takes around 3h so you will need dedicated people

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/48142-known-upcoming-server-shutdowns/#comment-1306317

• Like 1

On 18.12.2022 at 3:11 AM, fenris-lima said:

1. Didn't heard anything about it, but lag might be a problem. The game can also crash sometimes

2. There is a thread here for the announced shutdowns. The online is not that long, but the DLC is hard and one trophies takes around 3h so you will need dedicated people

https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/48142-known-upcoming-server-shutdowns/#comment-1306317

Thank you very much. Lag and crashes are a bother but something I'm willing to endure as long as it is possible to actually play with people online. So I take it as good news that you say you haven't heard anything about region locked servers.^^

Thank you also for the link. That thread surely is a big help. Also good to know that a decidated team is required. Will have to find a team like that. Hopefully that won't be impossible.

One last question if I may. I've heard that the online pass is required to get all online trophies. Luckily the pass will be included in the Ultimate Edition which I plan to purchase. However my question is if just buying and installing the Ultimate Edition will enable me to earn all online trophies or do I actually need to activate the pass somehow, like by typing in a code or something along those lines? I really wouldn't like to accidentally skip an important step because I was unfamiliar with certain mechanics. Feedback on this would also be greatly appreciated.

1 hour ago, fenris-lima said:

Older physical versions came with a code to redeem. Old digital versions came with a downloadable online pass. After some point the digital versions would have the online pass patched in. Either way it will be downloaded automatically from the store after purchase 

Great, so the Ultimate Edition will have the pass patched in. That's good to know. Was worried that I would have to redeem a code that I might not find. Again, thank you very much for your feedback.^^