My tips/video for Education Nation

This trophy took me a long time to finally crack. I've saved a video from when I achieved it. Below is copied from the video description (without format unfortunately). Maybe it will save someone a few days of trying and failing. 

"Don't mind the huge mess of abandoned buildings and severe debt, I had this city at about 220,000 people and around $20 million in the green and just used it to experiment and get trophies. I tried to get Education Nation multiple times by trying various policies, changing demographics of the city, adding elementary schools/high schools and deleting colleges, etc. This is what eventually worked: -Have a large population (the larger the easier) -Place the Hadron Collider but turn it off (L1), and also turn off the University Boost -Build a bunch of elementary and high schools -Build 1 or more campus areas (I have 3 here) and make sure capacity is above 15,000. I believe my total was around 17,000 between the 3 campuses. -Jump to (9:00) to see which policies and budgets I have active/inactive prior to doing the next step. The ones that I think actually matter are Education Boost, Industry 4.0, and Boost Connections but that's just my hunch. -Sim your game for a couple years. My campuses remained open during this sim. During the sim, the % of uneducated citizens should rise, mine was over 25% (0:42). Elementary and High School eligibility will greatly exceed capacity but that doesn't matter. When we turn the Hadron Collider back on, it will rapidly educate a bunch of Elementary and High School eligible citizens converting them to University eligible. -Turn on the Hadron Collider -Open up your overlays and go to education - University. You should start to see the number of eligible University students climbing fast (1:00). -If you wait long enough you should be able to get 35,000 + eligible students (7:30). Once you reach around that amount you should get the trophy. Policies/Budget: -Education budget set to 50% - a higher budget greatly increases capacity but I believe it also increases speed of graduation, so I think I was having a lot of people going from elementary to high school to university to graduation too quickly because of the high budget. The result was never having a large enough # of university eligible students at one time. I also set Student Healthcare, Free Lunch, Visiting Scholars, and Universal Education to ON for my 3 campus areas part of the way through waiting for university eligibility (4:40). You might be able to further expedite the process by turning off all universities while waiting for the eligiblity to climb, but I have not tried that. "

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I've destroyed all schools in my 130k city and let it go for years to bring down the education levels, but they eventually plateaud at ~25% each. University eligibility was ~17k and once I filled the city with dorms to fit 20k students and opened the doors, I could only get ~11k to show up. I tried again from the base city and the same thing happened. I could never get the average education level lower because people were still graduating from university despite not having any schools in the whole city nor did I have a Hadron Collider. It wasn't just off either, I saw some people say that it's existence on the map affected education so I destroyed it. I can't tell if they were moving in educated or getting their education outside the city somehow.

Edited by DishwasherSafe