The Duality of the Hunter

Duality of the Hunter

Hello, and welcome.

I've been playing around with an idea in my head for a little while and thought it would also be something fun to do with my new fresh start account. Feel free to join me. Better yet, if someone wants to take my idea and make a better formatted and proper community event out of it, please do. 

The Idea:

So, in my head there are two very different sides to trophy hunting. Those who want to rack up the platinum trophies quick, no matter what the means, and those who do it for the challenge and to show off their tough won Ultra Rare trophies. So, the idea is to have a point system where you earn points for every 2 games you complete, one from each side of the hunting coin. A baby game, one that takes little time investment and probably has upward of 80% or more people completing it. And a tough game, (preferably at least R or UR for the platinum) one that requires a fair amount of time and possibly a high level of skill to complete. Once you complete one of each you earn a point. The struggle I'm having is I want to do PS5 games currently, and a lot of games that may end up with rare or ultra rare completions aren't quite there. THPS 1+2 should be ultra rare, but a lot of people are auto popping it. 

My proposal:

Someone help me make an event out of this and I'll do my best to work on the formatting and keeping up with the event, or somebody take over and create another page and tag me in it so that I can join and monitor others enjoying the idea of doing this with the community. 

My Pending List for PS5 games: (I'm going to Trophies, filtering by Platinum trophies on PS5, Rarity on PSNProfiles, and looking at either end of the list to get my info)

1. Skatemasta Tcheco (98.59% completed it)

2. Legends of Talia: Arcadia (98.94% completed it)

3. Sakura Succubus (99.12% completed it)

4. Sakura Succubus 2 (99.22% completed it)

5. Heal (91.85% completed it)

6. THPS 1+2 (11.15% completed it)

7. Godfall (12.76% completed it)

8. Assassin's Creed Valhalla (20.06 % completed it) - I'm looking at games I own currently, this might change over time since it's not even Rare

9. Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time (9.05% completed it)

10. Demon's Souls (28.88% completed it) - Same as AC:V

Completing this list, for example, would be worth 5 points in the event. So again, if anybody wants to take this idea and flesh it out into a proper community event, please do. Or if over time the community that wants to do this would like to help me get better with using the forums and formatting this event, that would also be appreciated. 

Good luck, and happy hunting!

12 minutes ago, SmellsLikeJazz said:

The struggle I'm having is I want to do PS5 games currently, and a lot of games that may end up with rare or ultra rare completions aren't quite there. THPS 1+2 should be ultra rare, but a lot of people are auto popping it.

such is the pain of autopopping

but nah, if want to really keep it balanced, you should make it so you need to do a pair of games that add to 100%, so a 95% and a 5%, 90% and 10%, etc, might make it a bit more interesting for selection.

I agree with your train of thought about the 2 different types of hunters. I myself am actually a bit of a hybrid of these two. I go through a few real hard games and then cool off with some easier games that I like to use as palate cleansers.

Anyways I would personally be interested in joining something like this if it ever becomes an actual event.