Trying to get Master Ninja on all chapters on MN difficulty...

RidonkulousLV

14 minutes ago, Elegy said:

Well you can make a save at the start of the chapter or at the very end of the prior one on a different slot and just load that if you miss a master ninja rank.  You can save within the chapter as well if you wanted to make a save before some key fights that are difficult to make the time limits on or the boss fights and just reload that as well if you miss the rank you want.  Mostly my suggestion just means to utilize the fact that you have multiple save slots so you don't have to do another run of master ninja difficulty to get a missed master ninja rank.

I see, I just found out that there's a mode called mission mode which I wasn't familiar since I just started the game and in this mode is possible to save before a mission because during the main story the game just auto-save and jump to the next, I wasn't sure what to do, thanks.

I missed chapters 1, 3 and 4 on my run but scored MN on the rest. Reloaded 4 then 3 using the chapter-save method - got those done then for chapter 1 I did New Game MN since the save point isn't until halfway. After finishing chapter 1 I got the Thanks For Playing trophy.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

This game, it can mess with you. Enough said about that. Whoever got master ninja rank on all chapters, I don't know how insane enough you were to manage that, plus doing that endless gauntlet that is the trial mode where you have to play the missions over and over again. Like who has the time to be frustrated by this bullshit? Anyway I am already getting quite fairly annoyed already near the end of my very hard playthrough.

I was on chapter 18 before the start of that gauntlet shit fest. That blue whipping bitch was kicking my ass. I figured it out in the end. I ran all the way back to the stupid merchant and realised after much frustration that you can have 2 talismans of rebirth. How was I meant to know this? It's not like I buy them like candy?, they are 20,000 each. Anyway got past it and had like literally 1 HP with absolutely no items. Gotta run back to the merchant again. 

Why couldn't they put a stupid merchant on top of that skull tower? It's a rheatorical question because I know they are assholes that's why. They put a team ninja statue but no merchant, yeah real funny. Thanks for the headache. I tried doing the trials before I realised the 2 talismans thingy, to get up to that blue whip sexism symbol. And she has minions that respawn the cheap controller reading cheat. I don't know if it was me but on harder difficulties they respawn more & she can easily kill them which makes the kill not count and make it respawn with full HP. This game is full of cheap tricks.

Lastly for the master ninja ranks, I am guessing you have to quit to the menu every time you get a game over? This sounds way to nerve wracking for me.

It's not that hard 2 get master ninja on all chapters...first of all u don't try this on very hard..it's damn near impossible to get master ninja rank on chapter 6(very hard) the easiest difficulty to get master ninja rank on every chapter is on hardest difficulty (master ninja) sounds crazy right but the reason is because there is so many enemies and they give u a ton of time to score karma ......karma , karma , karma = master ninja rank ..easy

• Like 1

Yes, it will just be the first mission I think that will be the worse. The PS5 controller is terrible, the L1 button is too clicky, makes it shitty for action games. I have to remap it to L2. It's just a bad design controller. I noticed this as soon as I played Gow Ragnarok. Btw the dodge in sigma 2 doesn't work. That is broken, Ryu just stands there. It's like they made it too stuff or something.

The minions during the boss fights are actually a gift because they can drop blue essence. Not a free gift, though. You have to take them out quickly.

Yes, quit to the main menu instead of continuing on game over. It's actually about the same amount of time as waiting for the game over screen to load and then hitting 'Yes' and waiting for it to reload.

Dodging in Sigma 2 depends on the direction you're facing. To be safe I usually hit the joystick twice in the direction I want to go.

I just got past the 1st mission and got master ninja rank on my first fight. It is actually pretty lenient unless you don't fight every enemy along the way. That 1st mission was absolutely kicking my arse though like for 4 hours. Once I got used to that 1st small room that spawns all the red ninjas in it it became easier. Those red ninjas really drill it into ya. I only saved 3 times, 1st time is after you defeat the ninjas in the room with the trapdoor. Then I beat Murai on my second try... Just. I remembered you can wall jump and wall UT or EX on him and cheese that SOB. Then I knew I could do the rest of the game now after I saw the rank for the mission.

I use save slot 1 for the start of the mission just in case. Then I use save slot 2 and 3 for my progress through the mission, and rotate the overwrite between them. Btw is there a karma display button? I have to keep pressing it through the pause menu every time I play. I up to chapter 5 now.

Karma display should be the left joystick button.

Yeah the fire ninja are painful. Although after a while when everything can kill you in 1 or 2 strikes it starts to feel all the same level of danger. It's the same in Sigma 2 when pretty much all grabs are certain death in Master Ninja.

I thought I was clear after getting the Thanks for Playing! trophy until the Doku, Marbus and Alma ninja mission on Master Ninja. Just total hell. Absolute agony.

I got all the ranks on master ninja, bit crazy experience but it is doable. I had a harder time on my very hard run honestly because on master ninja I never ran out of money. I might have to come back for these trials though. I don't think I can do them all straight away. How long and hard were these trials for people?

The missions go pretty fast. There's maybe 3 missions which will take some time at Master Ninja level: Battlefield of the Abyss #1 (Alma and Nicchae as Ryu), Giants of the Underworld #5 (Doku, Marbus and Alma as Ryu) and Unearthed Challenge #4 (Nicchae and Ishtaros as Rachel).

Doku, Marbus and Alma as Ryu was very painful for me. Nicchae and Ishtaros as Rachel was just pure hell. After finishing those missions I felt like I no longer recognize difficulty.

The Eternal Legend mission is a little weird but if you got through Master Ninja you should be fine.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ruexnimbus said:

The missions go pretty fast. There's maybe 3 missions which will take some time at Master Ninja level: Battlefield of the Abyss #1 (Alma and Nicchae as Ryu), Giants of the Underworld #5 (Doku, Marbus and Alma as Ryu) and Unearthed Challenge #4 (Nicchae and Ishtaros as Rachel).

Doku, Marbus and Alma as Ryu was very painful for me. Nicchae and Ishtaros as Rachel was just pure hell. After finishing those missions I felt like I no longer recognize difficulty.

The Eternal Legend mission is a little weird but if you got through Master Ninja you should be fine.

Giants of the underworld #5 is so cheap, how can they think making us fight 3 bosses in a tiny area would be a good idea? I have got to take a break from this now, I will update later on if I have gotten past all these crazy ass trials. If only you could just start the trial on master ninja and get the platinums all at once instead of repeating every mission 4 times. But yes, as soon as I started that mission I knew exactly what you were talking about it being tough. 3 bosses just ganking you, blocking your vision. It's not hard but cheap and lazy.

2 hours ago, ElektrickRage said:

Giants of the underworld #5 is so cheap, how can they think making us fight 3 bosses in a tiny area would be a good idea? I have got to take a break from this now, I will update later on if I have gotten past all these crazy ass trials. If only you could just start the trial on master ninja and get the platinums all at once instead of repeating every mission 4 times. But yes, as soon as I started that mission I knew exactly what you were talking about it being tough. 3 bosses just ganking you, blocking your vision. It's not hard but cheap and lazy.

This game is slightly nerfed compared to vita version but this trial is definitely the hardest here is my run it wasn't too hard this time around because I played vita version ..when I did vita I had no more healing items by time I was done but on ps4 still had a full health item only takes little less than 2 min

• Like 2