Trying to get Master Ninja on all chapters on MN difficulty...

RidonkulousLV

... is really damn hard. I'm up to chapter 9 now, and I thought I did everything right during the chapter itself. Got most of the encounters done under par time, so got a lot of 10K bonuses that way, even performed plenty of UTs during each fight whenever it was possible. Then, I killed Alma but didn't have all my ninpo replenished by accident, so I missed out on the 100K bonus at the end and got a Head Ninja rating. Reloaded a save, and after a few more attempts I killed Alma again, this time with all my ninpo up. And it still wasn't enough. I got every single bonus at the end of the chapter (under par time, kill bonus, essence bonus, ninpo bonus) and still got a Head Ninja rating.

I'm still not sure what I did wrong exactly, but I guess I'll have to redo this entire chapter again sometime soon. Have any of you had this much difficulty with certain chapters? I don't recall chapter 9 being a problem when I did this on the Vita, but I'm having real issues this time around. It also doesn't help that I still can't find anything online on how much karma you would need to get certain ratings exactly, so it's all just guesswork until you actually get the rating.

I did the Archive ambush during chapter 7 already, so I can't do it in chapter 9. I think I might have to check whether I can do the Ritual Room ambush in chapter 9 instead, that should push me over the edge. That way I can probably get chapter 10 without any ambushes, but that's an easier chapter anyway.

On 7.7.2021 at 0:48 PM, SolidoSunaku said:

Hello everyone, if we die during the level and choose to continue without quitting, do we get the master ninja rank?  
In Sigma 2 death had no effect on rank, but in Sigma 1 i have no idea, thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

Pretty sure the game adds the time you wasted in a continue screen as chapter play time which means if you die too often you wont get the time bonus at the end.

Skilled players dont really need it because they just chain UT's but i still would suggest going for the time bonus especially in the early chapters.

Quitting the application doesnt take much longer than pressing continue because that screen takes very long to go away. 

Take it with a grain of salt because im not 100% sure, i just heard the time is added to your play time if you die.

I have another question, do i have to get master ninja rank on all chapters in a row or could i for example skip chapter 3 at first and come back later ?

Edited by KingTom95

On 7/12/2021 at 11:13 PM, KingTom95 said:

Pretty sure the game adds the time you wasted in a continue screen as chapter play time which means if you die too often you wont get the time bonus at the end.

Skilled players dont really need it because they just chain UT's but i still would suggest going for the time bonus especially in the early chapters.

Quitting the application doesnt take much longer than pressing continue because that screen takes very long to go away. 

Take it with a grain of salt because im not 100% sure, i just heard the time is added to your play time if you die.

I have another question, do i have to get master ninja rank on all chapters in a row or could i for example skip chapter 3 at first and come back later ?

I’m almost 100% sure master ninja rank has to be done all in one run.

3 hours ago, Wild-Arms-R said:

I’m almost 100% sure master ninja rank has to be done all in one run.

I asked this because the game saves after every chapter, however if you die before saving on a statue in the next chapter, you will get reset to the last statue save.

So I wonder what the game actually saves at the chapter cleared screen.

I can try to skip chapter 18 and see if it works, if not it's not too bad.

Thanks for your answer, but I'm curious what brings you to the conclusion that you're almost 100% sure?

Edited by KingTom95

2 hours ago, KingTom95 said:

I asked this because the game saves after every chapter, however if you die before saving on a statue in the next chapter, you will get reset to the last statue save.

So I wonder what the game actually saves at the chapter cleared screen.

I can try to skip chapter 18 and see if it works, if not it's not too bad.

Thanks for your answer, but I'm curious what brings you to the conclusion that you're almost 100% sure?

During my very hard run I got master ninja rank during chapter 18 but on my master ninja playtru when I got master ninja 1-17 the trophy didn't pop.

So Im almost sure it needs to be one overall playtru.

Its not that bad to achieve master ninja rank on master ninja tbh, asides from chapter 1 and you dont even need to be perfect just spam ut's and make it to the end.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 9/24/2021 at 3:41 PM, AKELLA_ said:

Hi to everyone.

Decided to get MN rank on MN with collecting all scrabs and all ambushes at once.

Now I am on chapter 15, and 120 Vigoorian Berserks makes me mad. Does anybody know easy guide or glith for this area?

U don't have to fight 120 berzerks to get master ninja rank if u do rest of chapter good on karma

• Like 1

On 9/24/2021 at 2:41 PM, AKELLA_ said:

Hi to everyone.

Decided to get MN rank on MN with collecting all scrabs and all ambushes at once.

Now I am on chapter 15, and 120 Vigoorian Berserks makes me mad. Does anybody know easy guide or glith for this area?

It is recommended to do all the ambushes on normal difficulty for a much quicker experience; however, if you are absolutely committed to doing it on master ninja then the only "safe" strategy is to use the counterattack with the lunar since it has the longest counterattack i-frames.  The lunar counterattack strategy is really slow and not very enjoyable but if you try to fight multiple berserkers in any other way in Sigma it is fairly luck based because the berserkers will blow you up with ground fire during your recovery frames frequently.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I'm convinced this is legitimately impossible to achieve. I've cleared the first stage over 30 times and somehow still have yet to get a master ninja rating, even though I've cleared it in under 11 minutes, have 75 kills, and have gotten several UTs during the chapter. This is the worst game I have ever played by such a tremendous margin. Itagaki is a talentless hack and fans of this series have Stockholm Syndrome.

1 hour ago, damilesman said:

I'm convinced this is legitimately impossible to achieve. I've cleared the first stage over 30 times and somehow still have yet to get a master ninja rating, even though I've cleared it in under 11 minutes, have 75 kills, and have gotten several UTs during the chapter. This is the worst game I have ever played by such a tremendous margin. Itagaki is a talentless hack and fans of this series have Stockholm Syndrome.

I like how you have a Ryu Hayabusa icon on your PSN account. Dude you just suck; plenty of other people were able to do it. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/4/2021 at 9:59 PM, CelestialRequiem said:

I like how you have a Ryu Hayabusa icon on your PSN account. Dude you just suck; plenty of other people were able to do it. 

You don't have a single trophy for this game pal. So you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 6:48 AM, SolidoSunaku said:

Hello everyone, if we die during the level and choose to continue without quitting, do we get the master ninja rank?  
In Sigma 2 death had no effect on rank, but in Sigma 1 i have no idea, thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

No, I don't think it counts. I was continuing after many deaths and still got the full time bonuses at the end of the stages. 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 9:45 PM, OnlyCass said:

Hey guys i just read in a steam forum that they missed MN on chapter 16, rushed for that chapter on a second playthrough and got the achievement after getting MN rank so maybe it doesnt need to be all in one go?

It is possible that it doesn't need to be in one playthrough; however, it is very inefficient to do it this way.  It makes a lot more sense to just make a backup save at the beginning of every chapter and reload that if you don't get master ninja.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/20/2022 at 5:58 AM, Elegy said:

It is possible that it doesn't need to be in one playthrough; however, it is very inefficient to do it this way.  It makes a lot more sense to just make a backup save at the beginning of every chapter and reload that if you don't get master ninja.

So the only way to try again is to re-upload a save from before starting the mission? The trophy guide doesn't mention anything so I'm at a loss.

Edited by Sunnyburrito

27 minutes ago, Sunnyburrito said:

So the only way to try again is to re-upload a save from before starting the mission? The trophy guide doesn't mention anything so I'm at a loss.

Well you can make a save at the start of the chapter or at the very end of the prior one on a different slot and just load that if you miss a master ninja rank.  You can save within the chapter as well if you wanted to make a save before some key fights that are difficult to make the time limits on or the boss fights and just reload that as well if you miss the rank you want.  Mostly my suggestion just means to utilize the fact that you have multiple save slots so you don't have to do another run of master ninja difficulty to get a missed master ninja rank.

Edited by Elegy