Tips for a Smooth Career Mode (Gold Edition)

LaneBoyGoner

In regards to my previous post about a game breaking bug in the gold edition, I have found some ways to alleviate the hassle this new update has offered.

1. Start Career on the European Map - this is in connection to a post in playstationtrophies that the European map offers less fps drops compared to the American map. Based on my experience, the American map already gave me problems after clearing the 5th introduction mission while the European map didn’t have that problem at all.

2. AVOID Harvesting Jobs at ALL COSTS - I know this is bull because harvesting offers the biggest payout among the jobs but this job is the reason why the game breaking bug exists. I have tested thrice that this job is the cause of the fps drop in the game.

3. When the game starts to Lag, DON’T SAVE and just quit the game - Another suggestion from playstationtrophies that had a very positive effect of my gameplay. The first time that I saved after the fps drop corrupted my save. So immediately quit the game if you don’t want hours of hardwork to be corrupted.

That’s all, so far Job Hopper popped for me on the European map.

I encountered the frame drop bug 3 times - every time it was after doing a few other jobs, and every time it was during a sowing job. I found that just closing the game without saving and starting it again fixes the problem and lets me finish the sowing job. I believe it's a problem with console RAM clearing.

6 hours ago, ghost_spike said:

I encountered the frame drop bug 3 times - every time it was after doing a few other jobs, and every time it was during a sowing job. I found that just closing the game without saving and starting it again fixes the problem and lets me finish the sowing job. I believe it's a problem with console RAM clearing.

I never encountered fps drop with any job but harvesting only. It might seem random but yeah closing it immediately when it lags is the best way to avoid a corrupted save.