Golden Freddy Mode Thoughts EDIT: Completed!

So I've been looking at this mode for some time now and I've come to the following conclusions; the patch fixed all of the known issues regarding audio cues, so you'll always be properly warned ahead of time. This does technically make the trophy possible to obtain... but it's still at 0% for a reason, and this one's a bitter pill to swallow, but... it's just too damn hard. I've managed 10/20 mode on FNAF2 and this is on an entirely different level. You're constantly bombarded with audio and visual cues and it's a nightmare even if you manage to avoid getting blinded by Yenndo.
That said, here are my tips to potentially make this nightmare slightly less impossible:
-With a turbo controller, it may be possible to remove Lolbit from the equation by assigning the turbo function to L3 and R3- since there's no penalty for spamming the sticks and they aren't used anywhere else in the control scheme, this could be doable. Lolbit is hardly the most dangerous element of the night but it's still nice to have one less problem on your hands, right?

-I've found that by lowering the left and right stick sensitivity after moving to within nose-clicking territory, and then increasing the dead zone size to maximum, you barely move even a pixel after each time you pull up the monitor. Since you really don't need to move the cursor beyond that, that's Bonnet's danger minimized too, hopefully.

-You just  have to live with the Minireenas, sadly. Unlike oxygen-blindness, there really is no way around them, so learn to deal with all five on your screen at once.
- **** Yenndo. I hate you, bear. Go back to hell.

-Minireenas and Electrobabs should be dealt with at the same time to minimize trips to the monitor screen- always place the camera back on Foxy after you're done.

While I'm still unconvinced this night can be done legitimately at max intensity, good luck to anyone that dares try it! Also, please let me know if the turbo tip actually worked, and what controller you used with it if so, thanks!

Edited by Alos88

@Alos88Actually, a few people have beaten it. I couldn’t believe it at first but it’s true. You can see their legitimate videos on YouTube. Also, I just tracked down one of their usernames and updated it on PSN, so it should now officially say zombiehunter072 has beaten it. This challenge is ridiculously hard but at least it is possible. If you were able to do 10/20 mode in FNaF 2 I’m sure you’ll be able to do it eventually. Im currently trying right now as well. Fingers crossed amirite?

So after a lot of work I've managed to get to 3AM... With about 30% power left. Yeah, I think I'm done with this one lol. I can play cautiously and run out of power, or I can try to conserve it and die at 1AM, but I can't do both.

Might cap this one off with completing the Hard version, since I've reached 5AM a few times on that one. Someday I'll come back and do the all deaths/ jumpscares trophy too, but other than that I'm done.
Update: 4AM! Now getting to 1AM is easy almost every time, lol. Maybe all that's needed is a lot of practice...

Edited by Alos88

Well, two solid weeks of practice, and it's done. Far, far harder than FNAF2's in my opinion, but man it was a satisfying win. Made it with 2% power left- I'm the EU region btw, not this version incase it doesn't pop up.

Now all that's left is the 'all jumpscares and deaths' trophy and I'm good. This is by far the hardest I've ever worked for a trophy.

• Like 1

Congratulations on the win @Alos88 !!! Awesome job! I took a break from playing Sister Location to work on platinuming Outlast 2 which I finally did recently. Now that that torture is over, I’m ready to make myself suffer even more with this game! Do you have any tips, advice or strategies? Also Bonnet is a huge issue for me. Really appreciate any help you can provide! Thanks!

Thanks! I'll give you the tips I used  to win:

-Personally, I set all of the sensitivity settings to the lowest (most left) setting. This allows you to keep your cursor where you want it to be even with the monitor up, effectively meaning you only need to click when Bonnet shows up. Eventually this will become muscle memory, imo.
-Much like the muscle memory, eventually I could keep an eye on Toy Freddy by sound alone. It's not as tricky as it sounds to memorize his location once you've practiced enough.

-This one is important! There's always a slight pause between Freddy and Bidybab announcing their attacks and them actually attacking. You don't need to pull the doors right away and that tiny moment of hesitation can give you just enough electricity to make it through the night.
-At first, I thought you could make it through even if Foxy attacked you once in the night, but having beaten it I no longer believe this to be the case. I made it through with 2% power and I'd managed to keep Foxy pinned  the whole night (not perfectly but enough he didn't attack.)
-Don't get downhearted if you can't get to 1AM or much further than that at first, I couldn't for a decent while either. There's a lot to juggle here and like FNAF2 it's all about getting into a rhythm. Thankfully it's also a lot less RNG dependent, I only ever died because I got careless. Good luck!

• Like 2