Damcrac5's Backlog - 1 Step Forward, 2 Steps Back

damcrac5

Mid October Update

Le71c77.pngLe4464f.png

What a crazy first half of October.  I found a work around for my glitched trophy progress on Maneater and I was able to push that to 100%.  I was only 3 hours into the game when I noticed I wasn't earning the appropriate trophies so restarting it wasn't a difficult task.  Having to restart was actually pretty fun.  Having a basic understanding of the map and quests only took about an hour to catch up to my previous progress.  The game was a blast, and as long as there aren't anymore trophy glitches, I wouldn't mind some more DLC.  I could stack it on PS4, but this isn't a game I find worth putting a second stack on my list for.  I do plan on stacking God of War 1/2 for example.

The surprise of the month for me so far is that I finally played my first Soul's game.  I got this game from Walmart because I wanted to get above $35 for free shipping and this was on sale(Spend a lot to save a little?).  Not sure why I went with this game, as I haven't tried difficult games because I like having a 100% account and there are a ton of easier plats that I want to get.  I am very happy that I gave this a go.  I followed a video guide by Platinum Chasers that made this game borderline easy?  Not a humble brag as I am not a skilled gamer.  The guide removed any kind of uncertainty and strategy/character build that made this game feel like a 4-4.5/10.  Sure, I died probably around 100 times, but spread over 30 hours, that isn't that bad as a majority of those deaths were on bosses.  The graphics were beautiful, smooth, and Bluepoint did a great job.  I hope the rumor is true in that they are working on a Bloodborne remaster/remake with a potential sequel.

I have decided that I will add the Dark Souls series to my backlog.  Managed to snag a DS3 version that includes the DLC on the disc for $14 from my local Walmart.  Looking to see if the other 2 games will go on sale, but I'll likely just order them for the $20 that they seem to be available for.

Moving forward, I will be focusing my next month and a half to work on games that qualify for the Trophies for Cancer event.  Games with a pink or orange in the thumbnail.  I'm hoping the flame from Demon's Souls counts.  The event is also the catalyst behind a couple of other additions to the backlog.  Rift Apart (just started), The Touryst(4k 120hz), and inFamous First Light were all added to my backlog list because they fit the category for the event.  I have plenty of Ratchet and Clank games that fit as well, but I am looking to spread those out over several months.  I just couldn't hold back on playing Rift Apart after Demon's Souls.  I am really considering picking up Returnal, but I am hoping Optinoob gets to his guide/tips video before I commit to that one.

• Like 3

I've decided to clean up my shared trophy list a bit.  I have decided to hide the two "auto-pop" sound shape stacks, attack of the tiny toy tanks, and several sub 30 minute completions on the vita like Paint Park and Abas Animal.  Main reason is when I had a different mindset to trophies when I got some of these games.  I had just switched from Xbox to PlayStation and really wanted to get as many completions as I could.  Now, I am about having a quality list that shows games that I've enjoyed. Now that I'm easily above 50 games, and 40 plats, padding the number just isn't what I want.

I knew that Tiny Toy Tanks was going to be a quick completion, but it looked like a fun little game for the vita that I wanted to try.  However the controls were terrible and I did not enjoy the game at all thus it doesn't get displayed even though it is a 100% and platinum.  Games like Ultra Mission, I am happy to have on my profile since it was one of the last Vita games released, and I really enjoy my Vita.  Add the platinum trophy description and it made it a no-brainer to purchase and add to my profile.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

End of October Update

Additions: 10

Completions: 3

October did not go the way I thought it would.  I decided to give Demon's Souls a try despite being worried I wouldn't be able to complete it. It was a blast and I am glad I gave it a shot.  The only negative is that it had a large impact on my backlog.  I've now added all 3 dark souls games to my backlog and also snagged Salt and Sanctuary on sale (maybe add the stack for vita?).  Combine this with trying to maximize my participation in the Trophies against cancer community event, I then added other titles such as Rift Apart, The Touryst and inFamous First Light.  On a whim, and via a sale, I decided to grab 2 of the remaining 3 Walking Dead TellTale games to look to complete the entire storyline as well.  Not only would it be finishing the storyline I started a long time ago, but they would be a nice easy break inbetween Dark Souls games, which will start in December due to the community event needing titles with orange or pink.

All in all, October had some great gaming, finishing Maneater, Demon's Souls, and Rift Apart, but saw a heavy addition to the backlog.  3 to 1 addition to completion ratio.  I'd like to think my goal for November is to not add any games, but with black friday and cyber monday, I can see myself snagging at least 1 if not 2 titles I expect to be on a good sale.  (Madden 22 and Returnal)  With that said, I do have a completion to start the month off with.

L7e3776.png

Finally finished this one up after putting it aside to play Demon's Souls and then Rift Apart.  Don't trust the guide.  The game is a 4/10 and takes at least 20 hours, of which I needed 30.  Some difficult parts if you pushed through the storyline without doing certain skill points and challenges, and the ship races were tough to perfect.  Each of the 3 races taking between 30-50 minutes to finally figure out.    Either way, once I purchased some armor and got some flying battle droids, the game was a blast and I'm glad to have it completed.  Almost enough to start the third title right away.  For now, I'll work on The Touryst, as it is a simple, quick 100% that utilizes the 120hz display on my LG OLED.  So far it is beautiful and I'm enjoying it.  Next up?  Until Dawn, or Dark Souls Remastered....  Was going to be Until Dawn until I realized that DS1 actually has orange in its thumbnail, thus qualifying it for the community event.  

Until the mid month update!  Stay safe and happy gaming.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Mid Month Update

So much for not growing the backlog this month...  The collector/completionist got the best of me.  I'm all in for completing the stacks for the Souls games so I caved and purchased Demon's Souls, DS1 and DS2 for PS3.  On top of that, I purchased Sekiro.  On ebay, I snagged a physical copy of Bloodborne Game of the Year Edition and the Mass Effect Trilogy on PS3.  Each game I own via digital versions, but wanted to add a physical copy to my collection.  I now have each From Software game/version (minus Demon's Souls regional stacks) and each Mass Effect game for all PS consoles. 

I also snagged Metal Gear Solid 3 for the Vita.  It was being "temporarily" removed from the digital store for an "indefinite" time, so I didn't want to take any risks on missing out on this.  Added funds to the wallet and made the purchase.  Bit out of my control on this one, so I don't feel bad.  The troubling part of already adding 6 games this month is Black Friday/Cyber Monday is coming.  Hopefully nothing too crazy will come up and limit the damage I'll impose on myself.  

As far as gaming progress, I'm almost done with my first playthrough on Dark Souls Remastered.  Been a fun ride so far.  Stumbled a little on the Four Kings but I'm back on course.  I've also been playing the Touryst here and there when playtime is shorter.  Fun little puzzle platformer.  Very well put together.  At work, during breaks, I've continued progress on Sly 2.  Should have that finished in the next week or so as well.  Heres to hoping I finish November strong!

Now I need to decide if I order my physical games via title/series, or by platform (i.e. PS3, PS4, PS5)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

End of November Update

Games added to backlog: 10

Games completed: 5

Thought I was making decent ground with 5 completions, but the backlog grows! Surprisingly enough, no new games for the black friday digital sale, but I did snag RE8 from gamestop for $20.  Simply put, when I play a game as long as Dark Souls, I will continue to fall behind the backlog, lol.  However, a lot of the games I added are going to be easy, quick completions.  3 TellTale games should make for a decent number of completions this month.

L5809e9.png

Dark Souls Remastered and The Touryst were the highlights of the month.  I'm becoming more of a Dark Souls fan.  I think I'm going to dive into DS2 without a video guide and just follow a written guide, and see how far I can get.  This might give me the motivation to go after a full playthrough of DS3 without a guide of any sort!  Who am I kidding, lol.  No guides can make games take weeks longer.  My backlog can't handle that right now and I am having fun enough with how I'm working my way through them.

Couple of Ratchet games and Sly 2 to fill out the rest of my completions.  Pretty straight forward here.  Mostly enjoyable for all 3 games, though the ship races in R&C 2 were a bit of a pain, so much that I might not try them on Vita.  Sly 2 had a chapter or two that slowed me down, but the game as a whole was enjoyable.  Full frontal assault was actually fun.  It is heavily criticized as one of the worst R&C games.  I decided to just try to enjoy it as a game instead of a R&C game and that worked out well.  The sequence of events for this tower defense game kept playing interesting until I had to hooverglide for about 90 minutes for the last trophy.

Next up?  Probably Uncharted 1.  I only have Uncharted 4 as my lone non-100% list, but I don't want to play it until I get through the first 3.  That means I need to play them instead of DS2!  I'll likely start God of War on Vita as well.  I also won't have internet access for a couple of weeks, so I'l likely be radio silent until the end of the month.  Hopefully that means I don't buy anything esle!  (yeah... not likely).

Cya next month!

Edited by damcrac5
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

December 2021 Update

S4697d7.pngS0ba277.pngS1ae6d8.pngS299aba.pngSb19eac.png

What a month of gaming!  I got a lot more playtime this month than I usually do due to travel requirements for work.  I travelled a lot more, which means I am not having the opportunity to be a father/husband like I normally would.  Without the ability to communicate back home, I fired up the PS5 and got to work on some great titles.  

Started off with Uncharted 1.  With the upcoming release of the Legacy of Thieves Collection, I am excited to try the games at 120fps.  That being said, I want to play them in order, so I needed to start at some point.(I know that UC4 is already started on my account, but those are 100% of the multiplayer trophies - which means I'm going to have to add the stack for UC1).  Unpopular opinion time, but I'd put the game on par with Golden Abyss.  The gameplay itself was great, and I followed a collectible guide, but towards then end, with the different kind of enemies, was kind of disappointing.  I know, its a video game and things aren't always real, but this was such a difference between what I expected having only played Golden Abyss so far.  Still a very enjoyable game, 7.5/10(I grade hard, not everything can be a 9/10).  I used the tweak exploit for brutal and had a blast going through it.  In the end, I believe I settled on around 650 deaths over the course of 3 playthroughs.  With the UC4 giving me a stack on PS4 and 5, I'm on the lookout for a PS3 copy to add since it doesn't have multiplayer trophies.

Took a breather with Game of Thrones.  I thought it did a good job sticking with a Game of Thrones-ish style story line.  Frustration and satisfaction in the dialog kept me wanting to continue the story.  Sadly, the game left off with it feeling like a sequel was in the works.  I'm happy I played the game, as I am a GoThrones fan(looking for that PS3 non-Telltale game now), but for any casual fan of the series, I feel like it would be a disappointing experience.  Therefore, 5/10 (Anything 5 and above, I'd recommend)

Finally! I got around to removing the excuses for not playing Spider-man Remastered.  Already having the plat for Miles Morales, it was cool to see Miles develop throughout the storyline.  Additionally, I played this game because I didn't have access to the internet, and the trophy list is perfect for achieving without a guide.  What made this a great game for me, outside of the incredible cinematic scenes, where the traversal and combat while airborne.  The scene chasing after one of the main bad guys around the prison was just jaw-droppingly amazing.  Then the last boss fight, how I was able to incorporate the aerial aspect... Perfect.  Then the DLC content was also very well lined up and I look forward to how they are going to approach this in Spider-man 2.  Definitely a game I'll consider stacking the PS4 version if I get a hold of a copy.

Salt and Sanctuary.  Heard good things, but didn't expect myself it enjoy this game as much as I have.  First thing about the game.  The map is very convoluted and hard to follow.  I had to follow a video guide to find out where most of the bosses for trophies were.  That being said, the metroidvania style dark souls game had me hooked!  So much so that I've already started it on the Vita, and for the first time in my trophy hunting, I've considered opening a EU account so I can add a third stack!  For the Vita, I am going Melee build once again, but I'd like to try a mage build for the third stack.  (Vita's gameplay is zoomed in, so you can not see as much as the PS4 version without the other thumb stick to slide the angle)  Overall Much easier than a Dark Souls game, easily recommended for anyone a fan of either genre (metroidvania/souls) 8/10.

Despite me only listing the Sly Cooper games in the Backlog event I am participating in, I took a break and decided to knock out one of my last two God of War Plats.  I did have a couple trophies not pop for me, but restarted the vita fixed the issue, though it did cause a second half-ish play through.  The game is good on the vita minus one section (Walking across the beams with the spinning blade fans)  Outside that, it is a great game for the Vita.  The PSNP guide says 3/10, but the challenge of the gods is easily a 5/10.  Even with a guide, it can take 30-40 tries for the last tier.  Overall the game hasn't aged great as the camera angle being locked in or changing when you don't expect them to really pulled me out of the experience.  I played the PS3 version about 7 years ago and don't remember it being that jarring, but it bothered me a bit more here  (Maybe a vita thing).  Either way, 6/10.  Recommendation on the Vita and a sure thing on PS3. Go get 'em Kratos!

Wow, that was a wall of text.  I usually want to do a mid-month breakdown, but I didn't have internet so here it was!  I've started Mass Effect 2 on PS3 for some reason.  (Probably because I want to get ME3 done before they do something silly like take down online capabilities on 3 making the plat harder or unobtainable). Before I plat ME2, I plan on getting the plat for Salt and Sanctuary on Vita for my 48th Plat, and to pay tribute to John Madden's passing, I'll knock out Madden 22 as number 49 leaving ME2 for milestone 50! 

More importantly, I am working towards a big personal step.  I am going to play Ghost of Tsushima.  Despite it's online time commitment.  It has gotten too much praise as a Sony exclusive for me not to play it.  Hopefully, I'll get over this avoidance of online trophies and encourage me to play The Last of Us! 

Other goals for 2022.  Finish the Uncharted Series.  Finish Soulsborne titles.  Finish Horizons.  Finish Ratchet & Clank series.  Who know what else I'll get, but I think I can at least get 2 of the 4 goals completed. 

If you made it this far, let me know what you are planning on working on in 2022! Happy Holidays everyone.  Stay safe!

• Like 2

23 hours ago, damcrac5 said:

If you made it this far, let me know what you are planning on working on in 2022! Happy Holidays everyone.  Stay safe!

Good progress my man!

I'm actually working through Game of Thrones myself on Steam, and just have the last episode to go.  I find it to be sort of stressful and I have to take a break after every episode - been dragging it out for a couple months now.  It's nowhere near their strongest game (that would be Wolf Among Us, IMHO).

Hmm...goals for 2022...keep on with my completion march I guess?  I'd be very happy if I got through the remaining multiplayer trophies I have to do, but that crap is stressful and after playing a bunch of online I didn't particularly like I've been reticent to start.

I haven't played any of the popular PS exclusives, such as Days Gone, Spider-Man, or Ghost of Tsushima, so tackling some of those would be good in 2022!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Good progress my man!

It's nowhere near their strongest game (that would be Wolf Among Us, IMHO).

Hmm...goals for 2022...keep on with my completion march I guess?  I'd be very happy if I got through the remaining multiplayer trophies I have to do, but that crap is stressful and after playing a bunch of online I didn't particularly like I've been reticent to start.

I look forward to the wolf among us. I have it for ps3 and plan to knock it out between larger games.

I've avoided certain very popular titles because of myltiplayer trophies and the time commitment to get them done.  Depending on how Ghost of Tsushima goes, I may gain the motivation to go for the lat on The Last of Us.  

Have fun on that last episode. I've considered replaying it to see the alternate endings. Good on you for tackling multiplayer trophies. They are the bane of my trophy hunting existence! 

Edited by damcrac5
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A completion record has been achieved!

Sa619b2.png

Giving my mid-month update a little early as it started off fast and likely wont have much to add later.  The exciting part of the news is I am a top completion time holder for Mass Effect 3 on PS3.  Best part is, I wasn't really speed rushing until the post-game DLC when I saw it was possible.  This was my 3rd time going through all the trophies and achievements with my first being on X360 years ago, and the PS4 Legendary Edition mid-last year.  So I was very familiar with the game and it's requirements.  Plus, you can make Garrus absolutely destroy anything and everything in the game, which makes insanity a cake walk.

S9a8f30.pngSf62396.pngS4dcfa3.png

How I managed to do that and these other 3 games came down to me catching COVID just before the new year.  This led me to isolation from my family, stuck in my sons room, thus needing to occupy myself with gaming.  First up was finally opening and playing Madden 22.  The game was madden, no surprise and the new mechanics were a bit buggy, but overall, this is the simplist Madden platinum out there(well, the PS4 doesn't have the spotty nex-gen trophies), so if you want an ultra rare or two, this is your game.  Overall, I probalby wouldn't have purchased it if it didn't have Patrick Mahomes on the cover, but I'm a big Chiefs fan so it was automatic, lol.  Probably will avoid next year, purchasing at least.

Salt and Sanctuary for Vita.  I added the stack to go with the PS4 list.  I really enjoyed this game, and the vita didn't make it that much more difficult.  The field of view was a little smaller, but I again used a video guide on where to go and had a blast.  I may actually consider opening up an EU account to purchase it for PS4 again and add a third stack, lol.  Gotta have it squared away before Salt and Sacrifice.

Mass Effect 2 is my favorite game of all time.  I mustered up the courage to run through it on Insanity and got everything in one run on insanity.  Just as good as the other times I've played it.  I am really happy I relived this title again.  Loading was definitely slower and the planet scanning was a bummer, but the story and characters are always fantastic.  I will never, not recommend this title no matter the platform, xbox, PS, or PC.

Mass Effect 3.  Had to finish up the series and Garrus carried me through which made it a blast to play.  Make Insanity feel like a 2/10.  Look up Garrus ascends to God Mode and you'll see what I mean.  The multiplayer was still active, which surprised me, but was key to me being able to beat the previous record.  I was able to knock out the overload trophy in 30 minutes instead of playing through a couple of hours to get it in the story.  Now all I need is Andromeda to complete every single mass effect title.  Maybe my next?  Not sure yet.

For now, I am working on Ghost of Tsushima.  I finished all the multiplayer trophies while in isolation.  Took me just over 35 hours, but about 5-6 of those were waisted trying to figure out how to get cursed items.  The game mode was surprisingly fun, and the community discord has amazing people willing to help get you through any barriers to play.  It is actually a game mode I look forward to playing after the campaign as the trophies take you to the point where you can really start working on end-game builds.  So far, the single-player campaign has been very enjoyable.  I'm about 5 hours in and doing anything and everything I come across as I go.  Hopefully I can finish it and NG+ before months end.

Happy gaming, and stay safe!  Omicron is out there!

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to X's Road to Completion for Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order.  In this guide, I will take you step by step, through the entire platinum journey in the most efficient manor, eliminating any backtracking.  The Guide runs just shy of 9 hours for the entire platinum.  Not only is this a step by step guide, but it is designed to be accessible to players of all skill levels.  There are no difficulty related trophies in Fallen Order, but I will show all combat sequences if you struggle.  

Trophies earned:  All, including the platinum (Includes how to get 100% exploration on every planet)

Run time: ~8 hrs 36 minutes

Difficulty affect trophies: No

Link to YouTube playlist

Episode 1: (Run Time 37:24)

TROPHIES / ACHIEVEMENTS UNLOCKED IN THIS EPISODE

? THE MANTIS - Join the crew

? A LONG TIME AGO - Discover the Bogano Vault

VIDEO TIMELINE

INTRODUCTION

0:01:00 Options

0:01:13 Difficulty - Story Mode

SHIPBREAKING YARD / Tutorials

0:15:04 Boss - The Second Sister 0:16:37

? THE MANTIS - Join the crew

0:17:53 Skill - Overhead Slash

BOGANO

0:19:24 Tutorial - Holomap

0:22:00 Stim +02

0:23:06 Tutorial - Holomap

0:24:20 Seed - Kalpi

0:24:20 Scan - Bog Rat

0:25:15 Cal Ability - Wall Run

0:26:14 Tutorial - Holomap

0:26:59 Scan - Oggdo

0:28:52 Log - Secrets of the Vault

0:29:07 ? A LONG TIME AGO - Discover the Bogano Vault

0:30:50 Log - Discovering Dathomir

0:32:26 EPISODE CHECKLIST

Spoiler

Episode 2: (Run Time: 15:48)

VIDEO TIMELINE

0:00:32 Scan - Lesser Nydak

0:01:05 Scan - Bane Back Spider

0:04:47 Scan - Nightbrother Warrior

0:05:25 Scan - Nightbrother Archer

0:08:15 Double-Bladed Lightsaber

0:09:52 Echo - Life Essence - Temptation

0:12:32 EPISODE CHECKLIST

Spoiler

Episode 3: (Run Time (1:30:40)

TROPHIES / ACHIEVEMENTS

? BACK AT YOU - Defeat 50 enemies with reflected blaster bolts

? PERFECT TIMING - Parry 100 enemies

? THE OBSTACLE IS THE WAY - Complete the Tomb of Eilram

? BIG BANG - Defeat 20 enemies with explosives

? LOOK OUT BELOW - Send 25 enemies over the edge

? KICKING BACK - Kick a phillak that has kicked you

? KICKOFF - Defeat an enemy using only kicks

VIDEO TIMELINE

0:00:03 Scan - Scazz

0:00:03 Scan - Stormtrooper

0:01:18 Echo - Hiding 0:01:52 Stim +03

0:03:47 Chest - Emitter - Duty and Resolve

0:04:26 Scan - Scout Trooper

0:04:26 Echo - Separated

0:06:08 Scan - Scout Trooper Commander

0:07:11 Echo - Eviction 0:07:23 Chest - Outfit - Guardian

0:08:11 ? BACK AT YOU - Defeat 50 enemies with reflected blaster bolts

0:09:35 ? PERFECT TIMING - Parry 100 enemies

0:11:51 Chest - Sleeve - Duty and Resolve

0:12:51 Chest - Material - Copper

0:14:50 Scan - Phillak

0:16:40 Echo - Life Essence - Pressured for Relics

0:20:10 Scan - Heavy Assault Trooper

0:20:50 Seed - Royal Fluzz

0:21:58 Scan - Rocket Launcher Trooper

0:22:40 Chest - Switch - Duty and Resolve

0:23:29 Chest - Material - Durasteel

0:24:26 Echo - Life Essence - A New Officer

0:26:21 Chest - Mantis - Starfighter

0:26:47 Echo - Questionable Use

0:29:59 Log - Tomb of Eilram

0:30:22 Scan - Skungus

0:35:56 Unlock Push (R2)

0:36:32 Log - An Old Friend

0:37:34 Echo - Eilram's Sarcophagus

0:37:34 Scan - Tomb Guardian

0:38:14 Chest - Poncho - Outlander

0:40:00 Tomb of Eilram - Map Exploration +4%

0:40:56 Echo - Force Essence - Offerings

0:41:55 Chest - Material - Slivian Iron

0:41:55 Echo - Tomb Guardian

0:43:03 Echo - Broken Artifacts

0:44:43 Echo - Whispers

0:45:13 Echo - Force Essence - Meditation Relics

0:45:38 Tomb of Eilram - Map Exploration +4%

0:46:31 Log - Sage Eilram

0:48:36 Chest - BD Skin - Balmgrass

0:48:36 Echo - Sage Training

0:51:57 Tomb of Eilram - Map Exploration Check-In (100%)

0:52:22 ? THE OBSTACLE IS THE WAY - Complete the Tomb of Eilram

0:53:09 ? BIG BANG - Defeat 20 enemies with explosives

0:56:00 Seed - Gillypod

0:56:17 Chest - Material - Osmiridium

0:56:33 Chest - Sleeve - Duty and Resolve II

0:56:53 Echo - Zeffo Rituals

0:57:23 Chest - Mantis - Charisma

0:58:06 Echo - Ice Cave Excavations

0:58:54 Skill - Force Attunement Skill - Mass Push Skill - Empowered Slow Skill - Dash Strike Skill - Evasive Kick

1:00:18 ? LOOK OUT BELOW - Send 25 enemies over the edge

1:00:58 Chest - Poncho - Wayfarer

1:01:14 Scan - Jotaz

1:02:14 Echo - Officer Krane

1:02:42 ? KICKING BACK - Kick a phillak that has kicked you

1:03:32 ? KICKOFF - Defeat an enemy using only kicks

1:04:16 Ice Caves - Map Exploration +7%

1:06:26 Scan - Electrobaton Purge Trooper

1:07:19 Echo - Finding Artifacts

1:07:19 Chest - Material - Cerakote

1:07:19 Chest - BD Skin - Bestine

1:09:36 BD Upgrade - Scomp Link

1:10:52 Chest - Mantis - Occultation

1:11:32 Echo - Dead Villager

1:11:53 Chest - Switch - Duty and Resolve II

1:12:27 Echo - Hideout

1:13:52 Log - The Sages

1:14:32 Chest - Material - Durite

1:16:29 Chest - Poncho - Bravo

1:16:58 Scan - AT-ST

1:18:57 Chest - BD Skin - Blue Leader

1:19:11 EPISODE CHECKLIST

Edited by damcrac5
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

How to Open a Port in Your Router for Elden Ring

S8955c2.pngS1a4a21.pngS677f2f.pngS23ad76.pngS6b0e64.pngSb06c77.png

I did so good in January...  Then things got out of hand.  Partly because I join community and discord competitions, but mostly because I want to play all these games and... sales... impatience... lack of self control. ? Hollow knight and the Arkham trilogy were both on sale for $6 and $8 respectively.  Such a solid price, especially on Batman, that I pulled the trigger.  Hollow knight...  I know it is very tough.  I hope I have the patience to actually attempt the Patheon's without the exploit.  I normally don't have major issues using work arounds or exploits if it saves me a bunch of time or the game mode is balanced, such as Uncharted's brutal difficulty, but for some reason, I don't want to exploit this one.  I enjoyed Salt and Sanctuary so much that I think I've found a liking for metroidvania style games.  I'll have to explore more options.

Donut county was a couple of dollars.  Looks a bit silly, so I'm not sure if I'll add it to the list, but my daughter enjoyed it for a little bit so it isn't a big deal either way.

The Amazing Spider-man (PS3).  Well, I caved and purchased it from E-bay due to a local listing of The Amazing Spider-man 2 on facebook marketplace.  I would really like to get Shattered Dimensions and Edge of Time but those are just too expensive at the moment.  Hoping in the next couple months, after the movie excitement has died down that I can snag them for $60 dollars or so.  Ideally, I would just like to get my hands on the disc to get the platinum.  I don't even need to have a physical copy to keep.

As for what I've been up to.  Switching around what game I am playing based on community/discord competitions.  Currently I am participating in PlatBro's discord challenge that groups 130 people into 10 teams and you get a certain score based on how difficult games are per their trophy guides.  Certain games give you double the points, hence why I decided to jump on the Bloodborne train.  With the exception of the brain dudes that place the frenzy debuff, I've really enjoyed the game so far, though I'm about to start the Chalice Dungeons.  After bloodborne, I've got to decide if I want to clean up Ghost of Tsushima, or if I want to start Witcher 3 or another title, like Control.  Either way, I'm hoping for a sale from the EU store on Salt and Sanctuary, because I'm going to add the third stack of that game before the release of it's sequel in May.  Since I'll be creating an EU account, I'm also planning on snagging the EU Demon's Souls as well.  Going to stack that one up a couple of times.

Sf40b22.pngS9bf65d.png

For vita.  I made some great progress while on a work trip.  I didn't have access to my PS5 so I was able to work through and finish God of War 2 and Sly Cooper 3.  I now have every God of War plat available.  I eagerly await Ragnarok and it's beautiful PS4 and PS5 stacks.  Hope the trophy list is similar to the 2018 version as I couldn't have thought up a better trophy list.  Sly 3 was the best of the sly games so far.  I will get to Thieves in Time soon, but for now I've started Metal Gear Solid 3.  Not very far into the game, but other than the collect-a-thon that it seems to be so far, I can see why people really enjoy the game.  I look forward to completing it.

Would Thieves in Time be next? Or do I do something along the lines of Fifa 15 or even crazier like Rugby 15.

All-in-all, I've got some great gaming ahead of me.  I really want to get after The Last of Us at some point as well. I've been hearing more positive information about the multiplayer lately.  I was surprised enough with Ghosts of Tsushima's multiplayer that I think I might be opening up to the idea of multiplayer trophies a bit more.  Tomb Raider... don't tempt me.  I want that trilogy, but the first game's multiplayer... any ways.  Back to work around the house.  Hope to get back to more regular updates now that real life stuff should be slowing down a bit.  Happy gaming!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

End of April Update

It has been a while since I posted.  Mainly because I've prioritized my time gaming and community events than my individual posts.  However, with my doing a bit of tele-work waiting for email responses, I've plugged away at the original thread and got it updated.  I've definitely grown my backlog by a good bit since then, but the gaming hasn't stopped.  I've plated a lot of great games and have had a blast in doing so.

Highlights

Most Enjoyable

S9484fb.pngS5bbd6e.pngS35b60f.png

While Bloodborne and Elden Ring were amazing games on their own, Shadow of the Colossus was my stand out plat of the last 3 months.  While I'd put it below Bloodborne and Elden Ring on my greatest games list, it caught me off guard with how much I'd enjoy it.  The world was fantastic, death blows had weight, and the moment leading up to the last colossus had me on the brink.  Yes, the controls are a bit clunky, but I'd say they are clunky until you learn them.  Then they actually work, and with only a couple of jumps on the last colossus, felt natural for the gameplay.  The only negative I really had was the amount of griding at the end to get max health/stamina (couple of hours).  I wrote a supplement to the main guide on the site to help others get it done much quicker and easier with information found amongst other guides.

Most Disappointing

S893a8f.png

Metal Gear Solid 3 (Vita) had a couple things going against it.  1st, expectations where high from all the praise this game has received.  While the main story was actually enjoyable, I made the mistake of following a collectible guide on my 1st and only playthrough.  They are a pain.  Shooting those 64 or some odd frogs in the world was terrible.  That and I didn't notice I had a camoflage on that decreased my stamina (despite me being on easy) and thus my aim was never accurate until i figured it out late game.  This made shooting the frogs while on motorcycle a nightmare.  The last issue was the vita version.  Game ran fine, its just harder for me to play a shooter on the vita.  The sticks are a challenge. I saw 3/10, high praise as a must play.  However, the plat requirements and my self induced challenge made this easily my least enjoyable plat on my profile.  Yes. Even below Attack of the Tiny Toy Tanks.  If I didn't have a 100% account, I would've left this unfinished.  That being said, if I were to go for the PS3 stack, I know my experience would be much more enjoyable, and would probably become a recommended game at 10hrs to plat.

I'll quickly list my completions over the past three months and copy/paste from my "Track your Gaming Spend" post to show how much damage I've done.  The backlog has grown a lot, to include the entire Resident Evil (0-7), Nioh 1/2, Mafia 1-3, Arkham Collection, Tomb Raider trilogy, etc...  Plus I've been on a bit of a souls kick, so I haven't been offsetting these purchases by completing easier and shorter titles.  

Completions Feb-Apr:

God of War 2 (Vita)

Sly 3 ( Vita)

Bloodborne

Cat Quest 2

Control

Metal Gear Solid 3

Tomb Raider

Salt and Sanctuary

Shadow of the Colossus

Untitled Goose Game

Elden Ring

Demon Soul's PS3 EU

February ($195.90)

• $5.99 - Hollow Knight (PS4) 
  • $8.99 - Batman: Arkham Collection
  • $59.99 - Elden Ring (Digital)
  • $29.99 - Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
  • $4.99 - Unravel
  • $19.97 - Madden NFL 22 (PS4)
  • $19.99 - It Takes Two
  • $7.49 - A Way Out
  • $4.49 - The Last Campfire
  • $9.99 - Untitled Goose Game
  • $3.24 - Cat Quest
  • $5.99 - Cat Quest II
  • $30.00 - The Amazing Spider-Man (PS3)
  • $50.00 - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (PS4)
  • $13.99 - Life is Strange: True Colors (PS4)

March ($115.13)

• $23.99 - Resident Evil Raccoon City Edition (RE2/3) 
  • $19.63 - Resident Evil Triple Pack (RE4/5/6)
  • $9.99 - Resident Evil 7 Biohazard
  • $11.99 - Resident Evil 7 Biohazard Season Pass
  • $3.99 - Minit
  • $7.99 - Final Fantasy VII
  • $9.99 - Grand Theft Auto V (PS5)
  • $27.56 - Batman Arkham Origins Blackgate (Vita)

April ($143.12)

• $6.24 - Moving Out
  • $3.74 - Moving Out - Movers in Paradise
  • $4.49 - Little Nightmares Complete Edition
  • $1.99 - Resident Evil 2 All In-game Rewards Unlock
  • $5.99 - Alien Isolation
  • $4.99 - Resident Evil 0
  • $14.99 - Little Nightmares II
  • $12.59 - Mafia: Definitive Edition (Disc) 
  • $9.89 - Mafia II: Definitive Edition
  • $8.09 - Mafia III (Disc)
  • $5.39 - Nioh (PS4/Disc)
  • $12.57 - Nioh 2 (PS4/Disc)
  • $6.29 - The Last of Us Remastered (Disc)
  • $9.99 - Dark Souls Artorias of the Abyss (PS3/DLC)
  • $35.88 - Demon's Souls (Chinese + English PS3)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Wow, that’s quite a list of purchases!

If I had to do it over again, there's at least a handful of them I shouldn't have purchased.  The Nioh games were on sale at gamestop and I fell for it.  Should've and probably will just end up buying the Nioh Collection that includes all the DLC and can be played at 120fps.  Any or most of the Resident Evil titles... Haven't played one yet, but figured I'd snag them on sale now before the remastered versions come out and don't go on sale anymore.  That FOMO got me good.  Grand Theft Auto V?  Never going to put it on the account, but figured it should be on my console for if any friends want to mess around on it, and at $10, it didn't feel too bad.

• 6 months later...

Summer Completions (May-Mid Oct)

Sbe5886.pngSd3846b.pngSfde955.pngS86c3f0.pngS72e106.pngSf20948.pngS8bb9e1.pngS8ffcbb.pngS50ff88.pngScb3483.pngS3ce211.pngS535bf3.pngS2c7348.pngS23ed9c.pngS8fa487.pngSe75abb.pngS3e3da1.pngSd92748.pngSd17f90.pngS04d381.pngS03f926.pngScc35e7.pngS0b6750.pngS489bf9.pngScfc981.pngSf8ba9e.pngS2609d1.pngS9c2c93.pngS3775e0.pngS2b9f99.pngS81536b.pngS69f04a.png

Summer Additions

N/A

I have been absolutely crushing trophies since May.  All thanks to me being on a boat for several months without reliable internet and a lighter than expected work schedule.  I took advantage of that and really went for some titles I don't think would make the priority list with decreased play time at home (The Last Guardian, Lawn Mowing Sim, and RE0) and made sure I played some longer titles as well as challenging titles like The Witcher 3 (My 100th platinum), Dark Souls 2/3, and beating Uncharted 2 and 3 on Brutal difficulty without using tweaks! 

Needless to say, I will have to spend some time in my original post to get this all updated and layed out per month.  I was essentially unable to make any purchases, so I've definitely chipped down my giant backlog a good bit.  For now, I am working through Sekiro, about to finish my first playthrough, and I started to work on Persona 4 Golden on Vita while waiting at work and on breaks.  That one is a long one with a tricky one involving hearing specific voice prompts.  I've gone back and forth on if I want to sync P4G this early on or make sure it is a title that I'm willing to throw a full extra playthrough if required for that trophy if it fails to pop.  Hope to get back to monthly or every other month updates as my purchasing has slowed significantly.  That and I've been getting several games from my local library, like Stray.  Might play that one to ease off the tension from Sekiro, lol.  

• Like 3