Thirsty_Otter's Thirst for Completions!

Thirsty_Otter

An update on some games I've been playing:

Finished Yu-Gi-Oh Master Duel. It was fairly easy - getting to platinum rank wasn't all that hard with an Eldlich deck. Took several duels for the 100,000 effect damage, 50 special summons from the graveyard and 20 tribute summons.

I also finished some easy games for trophies (Chickens on the Road, and some Breakthrough Games). I did the PS3 and PS4 versions of Game of Thrones at the same time. I had my monitor and my TV beside each other playing both. It wasn't a bad game, but telltale have made better.

I've been stuck in Black Ops Cold War Dead Ops Arcade for a while. On the Meatball wave and cant get passed it.  

Made some progress in Two Point Hospital, Space Otter Charlie, Pocket Academy - and I started Guardians of the galaxy (telltale), Never Alone and Madden 22 (that I got from Gamefly). 

I've been starting too many games and not completing enough, so maybe I'll take a little break from adding new games to my profile.... Maybe.... :P

On 2/11/2022 at 6:54 PM, Thirsty_Otter said:

I've been starting too many games and not completing enough, so maybe I'll take a little break from adding new games to my profile.... Maybe.... :P

Apparently not....I started Plants Vs Zombies Garden Warfare. :) I want to get it done before they shut down the servers.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished Never Alone 100%. Some thoughts on the game:

The jumping controls are really clunky, the wind game mechanic can be a little irksome, and several times I died because the computer controlled character made a mistake. Despite these shortcomings, I enjoyed my overall time with the game. Some of the puzzles (mainly in the DLC) were challenging enough. Overall, it's a very short game. DLC and all I think it took me 3 1/2 hours to finish. I almost missed one of the cultural insight collectables in the river section, but was able to reload a checkpoint to get it. Also, i thought one trophy had glitched on me at one point, but it popped up in the next section. Would I recommend the game? Maybe... but I'd definitely wait for a sale (it and the DLC go on sale regularly). 

I got on Gamefly. Just the budget plan since I have so many games already bought that I need to work through. For 8.95 a month I can hardly complain! I'll probably try to get most of the games on my wishlist that way. Already have Life is Strange True Colors to start soon.

L78ca45.png

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY

ENJOYMENT: 8/10

DIFFICULTY: 1/10

COMPLETION TIME: 10 HOURS

Coming away from another telltale game (Game of Thrones), I don't know what i expected from this game. Overall, I'd say i was pleasantly surprised by it. It dials it back from the humor you'd expect most of the time for a more serious approach. There is still humor but this game actually takes itself seriously unlike Tales from the Borderlands (that I also enjoyed). The storyline is interesting enough. I'd say the low point was episode 4, since nothing really happens to progress the main plot. I'm still playing through episode 5, but I'll probably finish it tomorrow.

L2d12a8.png

GAME DEV STORY

ENJOYMENT: 7/10

DIFFICULTY: 4/10

COMPLETION TIME: 12 HOURS

This is a fun game development game, sort of like Game Dev tycoon released on Android and Apple store. It's not too bad. You basically hire staff to make games. You pick the name, genre and type of the game and set your staff to work making the best game that they can. There are points that pop up over your game during development that improve the score of graphics, music, fun and creativity of the game and then once it's done, you debug it with the same point system. Honestly, the game is not that in-depth, but for sim fans like me I had a blast playing it. Each in-game year takes about 20 minutes and there is twenty years worth of content. Every year there is a game dev conference and game awards, and you can level up your staff and train them. You can make sequels to high scoring games. There is even the rumor of the mysterious robot that can be hired through meticulous means!

L8ac41c.png

YU-GI-OH MASTER DUEL

ENJOYMENT: 6/10

DIFFICULTY: 4/10

COMPLETION TIME: 15 HOURS

I think I've realized something after playing this: I don't like Yu-Gi-Oh as a playing card game in 2022. The last real experience I had with Yu-Gi-Oh was Legacy of the Duelist around five years ago and back then imo, the game was still enjoyable. But these days, 90% of the time, you will run into people all playing the same 5 meta decks. Traptriks, shaddol, eldlich....

I guess the enjoyment factor for me was mainly due to nostalgia with the series. If you are not a huge fan of Yu-Gi-Oh, I'd definitely recommend skipping this and maybe getting Legacy of the Duelist Link Evolution instead. Plus the in-game currency in this game is really unreasonable. As it stands, it costs $3 for an in-game pack of 10 cards. 

I've given up on Black Ops Cold War. I think Dead Ops Arcade is a platinum killer for me. I've been stuck on the meatball boss section for a long time and I'm not sure if I can do it.

Also, with HyperScape closing its servers in about a month and me finding no motivation to play it, it's safe to assume I'll have the first truly unobtainable list on my profile. If I remember correctly, even the dev's themselves said that HyperScape is just not fun to play. :P

Edited by Thirsty_Otter

So, after almost dropping to 77% completion, I was able to get back up to 80.03%. The only problem is, I played several dozen easy games (Breakthrough, telltale and The Chick C) so my goal for more uncommon than common trophies that I had just reached has been shattered. :P

I'll catch back up eventually!

• 2 weeks later...

L95fb63.png

THE WALKING DEAD: MICHONNE
ENJOYMENT: 5/10

DIFFICULTY: 1/10

COMPLETION TIME: 3 HOURS

I just played this as a short game to complete for a couple of different events that I'm taking part in. It's not too bad but it is probably my least favorite telltale game out of the lot. It's a short game and all the trophies are obviously story related, like most of the other telltale games. I'd say it's a good way to kill an afternoon.

L10eada.png

MADDEN NFL 22

ENJOYMENT: 6/10

DIFFICULTY: 3/10

COMPLETION TIME: 6 HOURS

This was probably the easiest platinum out of all the Madden's I've ever played. Even Madden NFL 11 isn't this easy! However, I did have a trophy glitch on me, which required me to delete my save file and earn it again. All-in-all, after a several year break from Madden it was nice to play one again!

Lccf58b.png

ARK: SURVIVAL EVOLVED 

ENJOYMENT: 4/10

DIFFICULTY: 2/10 (WITH GLITCH), PROBABLY (6/7 WITHOUT)

COMPLETION TIME: 6 HOURS

I went into this fully expecting to use the console commands, mainly because I have the Ultimate edition on Xbox and can play it there if I decide to play it legit. It's not too hard to use the console commands and I can see how some people might've been able to finish in an hour. However, it took me a little longer due to missing an explorer note and having to retype the notes cheat in several times. It wasn't until after I had typed them in a few times and wasted a couple hours that I realized all I had to do was teleport to one of them I was missing and pick it up. I can see this being a fun game, and earning the plat on Playstation has piqued my interest a little more on playing it on Xbox. 

Edited by Thirsty_Otter
  • Like 1

I've been making great progress in plants vs zombies garden warfare! Me and three other people did Garden Ops crazy difficulty today. For the 100%, I'm looking at:

-96 more plant vanquishes (?)

-210 zombie vanquishes (?)

-1 more assist master boast

-8 more gnome bomb wins

-10 more team vanquish wins (? Maybe less)

-350 more pirate zombies (easily done in an hour or two) 

-5-6 more sticky explody ball vanquishes

+odds and ends. 

I'd say maybe another 10 hours for the 100%, mainly due to the zombie vanquishes. 

I don't think I'm quite ready to give up on the following games:

-Fall Guys

-Black Ops Cold War

-Remnant: From the Ashes

-minecraft

With a little luck I should be able to do them. I wrote them off, maybe I'll come back to them soon. Minecraft and Remnant are already platinumed, I just need the mp trophies in minecraft and the 10 bosses in a row in Remnant. But I've been itching to play the latter again anyway.

Dragonball FighterZ is still a "no" for now and elder scrolls online I doubt ill ever complete. I will probably try to earn a few more trophies in it though.

Edited by Thirsty_Otter

• 2 weeks later...

Plants Vs. Zombies Garden Warfare

L6e2c3c.png

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: 5/10

Completion Time - 27 hours

Easily boostable these days in suburbination. If it wasn't for some of the help I got doing it from a few people, I wouldn't have been able to finish it so quickly.

Minecraft

Lc40a1d.png

Enjoyment: 6/10

Difficulty: 3/10

Completion Time - 10 hours

Just had the mini games trophies left. I never thought I'd be able to do these until I found out you can do them with a second controller.

Fractured Minds

L5443b1.png

Enjoyment: 5/10

Difficulty: 1/10

Completion Time - 20 minutes

A decent and very short game about Mental Illness. I enjoyed it for what it was. 

Edited by Otter

• 2 weeks later...

L5f264e.png

What Remains of Edith Finch

Enjoyment: 8/10

Difficulty: 2/10

Completion Time: 2 hours 

This was a very good game and I highly recommend it! The storyline is unlike anything I have played before. You are visiting the house of your strange family and reliving memories of them - through comic book pictures, as animals, in a game within a game, etc. It is just so unique for a "walking simulator" (I put that in parenthesis because to me this game is more than that) The trophies are easy enough as well.

La03faa.png

Broken Age

Enjoyment: 5/10

Difficulty: 4/10

Completion Time - 9 hours

Looking back, I probably wouldn't have started this. I really didn't enjoy it a whole lot and I found some of the trophies to be pretty frustrating for a point and click adventure game. Not hard.. just frustrating. The trophy for beating the game in an hour literally leaves no room for error in my opinion. I had the first 20 steps of the walkthrough done in less than a minute, and had most of the rest of it memorized, and I still finished the run at 59 minutes + some. I do admit to taking maybe a little too long in the final act (I reached it at 53 minutes I think). Some of the collectable trophies are troublesome (grabbin' gary and spoon trophies) and the puzzles (mainly the wiring puzzle) I don't understand how you could even figure them out without a guide. But in saying that, it wasn't completely horrible for what it was. For a point and click game, it was decent and the storyline wasn't half-bad either. 

L785e98.png

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

Enjoyment: 6/10

Difficulty: 1/10

Completion Time: 10 hours

I think this ranks down there with The Walking Dead: Michonne as my least favorite telltale game (maybe I like it a little more than The Walking Dead: Michone). I really wasn't as engrossed in the storyline in this one as I was the other two. Maybe it's due to spending more time with Clementine, Kenny and the group, but I wasn't as invested in the characters as much in this one either. While I don't think any of the Telltale games are necessarily bad games, I just didn't enjoy this one as much. Hopefully I like the fourth one when I play it. 

• Like 3