Thirsty_Otter's Thirst for Completions!

Thirsty_Otter

I am currently working on Whispering Willows and Chess Ultra. Whispering Willows will only take like another 45 minutes, and I like what I've played so far. It's kind of a semi-creepy ghost story and there are a few puzzles and searching for ways to unlock the next areas. Chess Ultra - I'm not sure what's going on with tournament mode. It keeps putting me into 1 player tournaments and won't add anyone. I knew the game recently had trouble with online portions, but patch 1.04 came out recently and it seems like this did nothing to fix the tournament mode. If I have to boost this it's going to be a pain to find enough people. 

• 4 weeks later...

Just played some easy trophy games and now I'm grinding away Clicker Heroes. For someone who has a backlog of 100+ bought/ps+ games, it's strange I'm spending my time playing a f2p game like Clicker Heroes lol. 

Overall it's a fun game. I'm up to around realm 2950 and I can get to realms 1000+ without having to use the time glitch. 

While I'm working away at Clicker Heroes, I'm also playing Dragon Ball FighterZ ranked for the 530,000 BP trophy.

Edited by RoadRunner_005

Good luck in Clicker Heroes as it will consume your soul lol. Although there is no difficulty, there is a commitment to play whenever you can for a few moments and organize things. I have friends who have been playing for years and haven't completed it yet, I just gave up haha

edit: oh i dont recommend using the time glitch, i dont know it very well but i heard bad things about it and a friend never got the last trophy due to messing around with ps4 clock even though he completed the requirement multiple times 

Edited by kevao97

20 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

Good luck in Clicker Heroes as it will consume your soul lol. Although there is no difficulty, there is a commitment to play whenever you can for a few moments and organize things. I have friends who have been playing for years and haven't completed it yet, I just gave up haha

edit: oh i dont recommend using the time glitch, i dont know it very well but i heard bad things about it and a friend never got the last trophy due to messing around with ps4 clock even though he completed the requirement multiple times 

I've noticed that if you use the time glitch and miss a trophy you can reset the time exit the game and when you boot it up again all you have to do is complete the requirements again (like the kill bosses trophy, just kill one more boss or the zone trophy just complete it again).

I had the 10,000 monsters trophy pop before the zone 10 trophy because I have been using the time skip since I unlocked the second hero. I was on realm 2-300 before I realized I could do the above to get the trophies to pop.

I'm mainly just playing it to pass some time. It's good to just sit down and relax with a clicker game every once in a while. I'm playing Idle Miner on my phone too and I already did Adventure Capitalist.

I'm about done with Clicker Heroes - on realm 3155. After that, I think I'm going to spend a few days grinding away at Dragon Ball FighterZ ranked. The only problem with DBFZ ranked mode is that it seems like every single person I run into in online lobbies are all restarters. There's no way some of these people only have 1000-10,000 bp and are juggling me around the map to where I can't even get one hit in. :P Nine times out of ten, I feel like people I'm meeting in the lobbies probably had 6-700,000 BP or close to it and just restarted on a new profile to play in easy lobbies. 

Edited by RoadRunner_005

• 1 month later...

I'm attempting to pull up all of the incomplete games I intend to finish. Got all of them besides Greedfall, Borderlands The Presequel and Two Point Hospital. 

I'm moving on from Dragonball FighterZ I think. Not going to bother grinding out 500,000 BP. Maybe one day, but for now I think I'm done with it.

Edited by RoadRunner_005

• 3 weeks later...

A couple more maps (I'm on map 21) and I'll be on Final Doom. I still need to play 2 other episodes on Doom 2, but from what I remember they are both <10 episodes. Looking to get this done either this week or next week so I can start working on Dead Space  and then I think I'm getting rid of my ps3. I'll still play the ps3 games on PS Now, but i've gotta move on from the ps3 eventually. Especially when my ps4 backlog is over 100 games.

Edited by RoadRunner_005

• 3 weeks later...

Putting Doom Classic Complete off for a few weeks to work on Borderlands the Presequel and Bioshock DLC. I'll probably get back into Two Point Hospital soon too. Maybe in the next week or so. I'd like to get Doom Classic Complete and Dead Space done ASAP.

My next PS3 games will be Brothers: A tale of Two Sons and Dragon Age 2. No use waiting for a sale on DA2 DLC. I'm just going to break down and pay the $25. On a side note, my PS3 disc drive no longer works, so depending on a few things, Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas and The Sims 3 Pets will be put on hold indefinitely. I don't plan to buy a new PS3 unless they become <$50-60 and right now they are pretty expensive. 

Hi mate - was lurking your checklist a little :ninja:...

... and noticed you played Chess Ultra a little while back - how did you find it?

I like Chess - I am not great at it (translation - I'm pretty mince at it ?), but it's a game I'd love to be better at - is there much in the way of tutorialising / strategy lessons and stuff in there, that can help you improve your game?

Also, you mentioned having trouble with the online - did you have to boost eventually, or did it get sorted properly?

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Hi mate - was lurking your checklist a little :ninja:...

... and noticed you played Chess Ultra a little while back - how did you find it?

I like Chess - I am not great at it (translation - I'm pretty mince at it 1f602.png), but it's a game I'd love to be better at - is there much in the way of tutorialising / strategy lessons and stuff in there, that can help you improve your game?

Also, you mentioned having trouble with the online - did you have to boost eventually, or did it get sorted properly?

Chess Ultra is a pretty decent chess game. It's probably one of the better chess games on Playstation right now. 

There are tutorials and there are also challenges to help you learn the game. You could also play the CPU on novice to learn different strategies as well and the game has a ranking system that rewards you for doing well (ELO rating). 

The only issue I ran into while playing was with the tournament mode. It just wouldn't work for me.... I had to join a boosting session and add people to help me get it. It wasn't too challenging but without boosting (and if the game does this to you) the 32-player tournament would be impossible. Other than that, the online single matchups worked perfectly. There were problems with the online modes going back a year, and there was even a few weeks where it didn't work at all until they patched it.  

This game is also on Playstation Now if you have a subscription! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RoadRunner_005 said:

Chess Ultra is a pretty decent chess game. It's probably one of the better chess games on Playstation right now. 

There are tutorials and there are also challenges to help you learn the game. You could also play the CPU on novice to learn different strategies as well and the game has a ranking system that rewards you for doing well (ELO rating). 

The only issue I ran into while playing was with the tournament mode. It just wouldn't work for me.... I had to join a boosting session and add people to help me get it. It wasn't too challenging but without boosting (and if the game does this to you) the 32-player tournament would be impossible. Other than that, the online single matchups worked perfectly. There were problems with the online modes going back a year, and there was even a few weeks where it didn't work at all until they patched it.  

This game is also on Playstation Now if you have a subscription! 

Cheers - I don't have PS Now (though... if the rumours are true, I may end up with it soon enough, since they're seemly combining it with PS+...

That's great info though, thanks mate!

So - does that mean you had to find 31 other players for a boost? 

That sounds pretty tough!

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 1

So, I found an easy fix for my ps3 disc drive. Turns out, if I tip the console on its side after I insert a disc it will read it and I can play! 

Hopefully this continues to work for the foreseeable future. 

8 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Cheers - I don't have PS Now (though... if the rumours are true, I may end up with it soon enough, since they're seemly combining it with PS+...

That's great info though, thanks mate!

So - does that mean you had to find 31 other players for a boost? 

That sounds pretty tough!

Nah, I think we had around 10 other people with multiple accounts. It really only took about a half hour for everyone it get it. Getting the trophy wasn't the hardest part. Organising and meeting up to get it at the same time was. :P

• 3 weeks later...

I now have 20 games started incomplete. I started Telltale's Game of Thrones, Kingdoms: New Lands, Linger in Shadows, Fallout New Vegas and Broken Age recently.

Leaving this here as a reminder to myself:

Rough estimate to completion.

Got - 15 hours

Kingdoms - 40 hours

Linger - <1 hour

Fallout New Vegas -80 hours

Broken Age - 5 hours

I'm hopefully not going to start any new games until I get to only 10-15 incomplete.

L58925c.png

Thoughts on Tekken 7:

This is known to be one of the easier fighting game platinums. Not only are the trophies easier, the controls aren't all that hard to get used to. There is even an assist button to help with combos. There are a few multiplayer trophies but they're not too difficult (even the tournament trophy doesn't require you to win a tournament, just a single match). The single player is very short and you can skip cutscenes if you don't want to watch them. I think I beat the campaign in around an hour. The majority of the game is spent in treasure battle trying to rank up in endless battles. But it's not too bad of a grind imo. Took me roughly 10-12 hours to complete. This is also on Playstation Now if you have a subscription.

ALSO, HIT MY GOAL FOR MORE UNCOMMON THAN COMMON TROPHIES!!!! For now....

Edited by RoadRunner_005
  • Like 2

I've been trying to find a Fallout New Vegas quick level up glitch that works these days. No success so far.... There is one glitch that I know works, but I'd have to restart my game to do it and I'm not willing to do that.

Thinking I'll take a break from New Vegas for a few days. At least until I get my new PS3. I decided to bite the bullet and get a new one, since there are still several games i want to play on the system. Maybe I'll resell it after I finish them.

I'll probably be working on Two Point Hospital, Black Ops Cold War or Broken Age tomorrow. 

Edited by RoadRunner_005

Since I have some down time, I figure now would be a good time to make a post looking back at past games that I've completed. This is going to be a temporary thing, since I will try to keep up with my completed games in the future. 

L7b5dc4.png

Siralim 2

This is a lesser-known game, and a game that I feel like should be played by more people. If you enjoy pokemon or monster-catching game.... if you enjoy leveling up to ridiculous levels until your stats are barely legible in the menus.... if you enjoy random generated dungeons with quests and items akin to Dragon Warrior monsters, then this is the game for you. The game has so many great features. Just when you think you've seen everything the game has to offer, it throws a new game feature at you to mix things up. A lot of people might be put off by the pixel graphics, but don't be. It is an awesome game. It has relatively tough bosses, which were (for me) the hardest in the series. Every monster in the game has a hugely powerful trait that you can work to synergize with the rest of your team. There are spells, items, favor points to earn, endless dungeons, a weapon system that allows access to even more traits! The possibility for team combos is almost endless.

All the trophies can be gotten in around 40-50 hours. There is a grindy trophy for summoning creatures, but you should honestly have more than enough materials by the time that you finish everything else that it should be no problem. Most of the trophies are for beating the in-game bosses.

I'll leave the trailer below for your viewing: 

Lc8c338.png

Dragon Age: Origins

To be fair, this game is a little aged on PS3, but it's still a heck of a good game. I played it because I plan to complete all of the Dragon Age games. There are a few annoying trophies (the blight-queller can be buggy and I almost gave up trying to romance Liliana) including in the DLC (the Harvester has about ten times the health it should have, and you have to beat it on nightmare), The storyline is solid, the gameplay is good.... If you like western RPGs and haven't played this, what have you been doing for the past decade. :D

L2b805f.png

The Wolf Among Us

My favorite out of all the telltale games - I even like it better than The Walking Dead. It combines classic fairy tales with the real world (in the story I think regular humans are called 'mundys'). You play as bigby wolf who is the law enforcement for the local magical folks. Their world has struggled for a long time in poverty (to the point that many of the fairy tale creatures have to resort to illegal activities to get by) and they use expensive glamours to blend in with common folks. But when someone starts killing off the characters, it's up to Bigby Wolf to solve the problem before the fairy tale world comes crashing down.

There's not much to say about the trophies. :P They're all obviously chapter related. I just wanted to throw out my support for this game and highly recommend you play it. WHERE IS THE WOLF AMONG US 2, TELLTALE! :D  

L83cb87.png

Dragon Ball Z: Kakarot

I feel like I have to mention that I've wanted a game like this for a looooong time. Ever since I played the Legacy of Goku games on Gameboy Advanced, I was hoping for a bigger budget Dragon Ball Z game on consoles that was open world. This is pretty much everything I've ever wanted from a game like this. The game gives you the freedom to approach fights however you want and you can pick from a variety of characters (I'm not sure why you would use any team other than Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo and Gohan though, as those are the ones you level up most through the story). There is cooking, fishing, material collecting (along with the dragon balls), side missions, great open world battles with destructible environments, and a lot more. I'd go as far as to say, if you've never watched the Dragon Ball Z anime or read the manga, you could start out with this game and be fine as far as the story goes (although I'd definitely recommend watching the anime first if you haven't seen it). This was one of the few games I have ever preordered, if that tells you anything.

The trophies are fairly easy, which should speak for itself given how common the plat is.... But it could take upwards of 40-50 hours to finish off everything and there is a little post-game grinding. The most annoying trophies were the ones for collecting the Dragon Balls so many times because you have to wait so many in-game minutes for them to spawn back in (I think it's 20), so I'd definitely recommend going for them every chance you get as you play the story. 

I really hoping they're working on a game like this with the Dragon Ball Super or GT storylines. I feel like this storyline has sort of been done to death (which is my only tiny gripe about the game), but the other two would be awesome!

Edited by Thirsty_Otter
  • Like 2

A small update on my progress:

I’m halfway done with Dead Ops Arcade in Cold War. Made it to round 30 in solo advanced start this evening. I’ll probably try to finish the plat up over the next couple of days, and then move on to Onslaught. I already finished the Die Maschine Easter egg trophy a few days ago.

I made it to year four in Pocket Academy. My expectation is that this will take longer than Game Dev Story by the same developer. The years go by slower and I have a tiny feeling it’s going to be much harder to hire Kairobot in this game. I’m guessing it’ll take around 15 hours.

Plan to work on Hyper Scape tomorrow. I set up a boosting session tomorrow with a few people. Hopefully I can get the remaining trophies.

I finally hit my goal for 80% completion after I ruined my goal of more uncommon trophies than common. :P Played some super easy Breakthrough games a few days ago. But I’ll catch back up eventually. 

• 2 weeks later...

I finally started Game of Thrones on PS3, just haven't synced my trophies yet. Also, the surprise release of YuGiOh Master Duels has caused me to put off my 40th plat milestone, but I'm thinking it's going to be either Space Otter Charlie or Black Ops Cold War. I'm on round 40+ in Dead ops arcade. 

• Like 1

Good job with Siralim. Seriously great series, but it can be a very large grind. The Steam version would take a few hundred hours to clear, cause it wants something in the range of 1000+ ranked matches. Dragon Age: Origins too. I did that one years ago, it can be slog towards the end of the final DLC, but it's really good.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Jelly Soup said:

Good job with Siralim. Seriously great series, but it can be a very large grind. The Steam version would take a few hundred hours to clear, cause it wants something in the range of 1000+ ranked matches. Dragon Age: Origins too. I did that one years ago, it can be slog towards the end of the final DLC, but it's really good.

Yeah, when I first started Siralim 2 it almost felt like my dream game! It's almost like a combination between Dragon Quest Monsters and Pokemon but with wild stats. I've seen all of the steam achievements and all I have to say is it might be a good thing that the game didn't have a plat. Some of those steam achievements would take a loooong time! :P I'm still waiting for Siralim Ultimate to come out on PS4 and I'm wondering what the trophy list will look like.

Dragon Age Origins is awesome! Just those few trophies that I mentioned gave me trouble. I can't wait to go through the second Dragon Age. I bought the DLC a few weeks ago but I think I'm going to finish Fallout New Vegas and maybe Greedfall before I start it. 

Edited by Thirsty_Otter