Is there a free ps5 upgrade?

10 hours ago, Hvalpen said:

The stranger things edition says ps4 version. But the regular version says ps4 and ps5 version. Can i upgrade freely to ps5 version even if buying stranger things edition?

Even though there are two versions of dlc to buy in the store, everything upgrades to the ps5 version. Once you get the ps4 version from the stranger things edition you can upgrade to the ps5 version, along with the stranger things dlc and the extra 3 dlcs included in the bundle.

Edited by Burstawesome

1 hour ago, Burstawesome said:

Even though there are two versions of dlc to buy in the store, everything upgrades to the ps5 version. Once you get the ps4 version from the stranger things edition you can upgrade to the ps5 version, along with the stranger things dlc and the extra 3 dlcs included in the bundle.

You sure about this mate? Did you do it yourself?

Also. . . There are dlc for both systems? Mine all show ps4, even though I'm on a 5

4 hours ago, Hvalpen said:

You sure about this mate? Did you do it yourself?

Also. . . There are dlc for both systems? Mine all show ps4, even though I'm on a 5

I bought all dlc on PS4, when I switched to PS5 all my dlc content was there in the PS5 version. No matter what dlc version you buy, it’s linked through Dbd. So you’re good. 

Now if you game share (Dbd)dlc content with another person, that’s a different story. I had to rebuy Halloween dlc because my husband bought it on his account on PS4 a long time ago. When I switched to PS5, even though we game shared on PS5 it still wouldn’t unlock. We had no issues with other games. But Dbd makes shit complicated. 

• Like 2

Dead by Daylight does transfer between system and DLC too.

Once you unlock a copy of the game you should be golden. I got it through psplus and I was able to upgrade it. So buying the stranger things version should be good too.

If not, dont install it, call up playstation, explain. Then when if they refund just buy them both seperate.