Display setting -> Lock FPS = No

I have played the original game on PS3 when it was part of PS+.  I haven't had that much fun in a video game since then! I was so happy to see the remastered version for PS4/PS5. First I have played the PS5 version of this game, and you could tell the graphics were dated. Having had such a blast, I've decided to play it again, on the PS4 version to unlock more trophies. After 17 hours into it, I realized there's a display setting to turn off locked FPS, and WOW what an improvement that makes. The FPS go way up (on a PS5) and the graphics look so much smoother. Went back to the PS5 version to compare, but the FPS setting is not available, and the graphics look slightly worse in my humble opinion. I highly recommend you do this, especially on a PS4 Pro or PS5!

Has anyone tried this? What are your thoughts?

• 2 months later...
On 8/19/2021 at 1:15 PM, Great__Cornholio said:

I have played the original game on PS3 when it was part of PS+.  I haven't had that much fun in a video game since then! I was so happy to see the remastered version for PS4/PS5. First I have played the PS5 version of this game, and you could tell the graphics were dated. Having had such a blast, I've decided to play it again, on the PS4 version to unlock more trophies. After 17 hours into it, I realized there's a display setting to turn off locked FPS, and WOW what an improvement that makes. The FPS go way up (on a PS5) and the graphics look so much smoother. Went back to the PS5 version to compare, but the FPS setting is not available, and the graphics look slightly worse in my humble opinion. I highly recommend you do this, especially on a PS4 Pro or PS5!

Has anyone tried this? What are your thoughts?

Steady Framerate > Graphics
No exceptions.

And I think it looks pretty good. There's more to visuals than being able to count someone's individual strands of hair.
Overwatch is one of the best looking games there is because they understand this fact. It sure as hell looks better than any photorealistice game (Blizzard doesnt understand a lot of other stuff but I'm not getting into that here.).

Edited by Chaos_Culture
Needed to elaborate.