Lost my save files after installing the Director’s Cut

captain_evil777

That is a very shitty bug.

Try immediately turning off auto cloud savedata and then checking the cloud. Perhaps your old save is still on the PSN cloud. Check quickly, before the cloud save is updated with your current one.

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried downloading the saves from my cloud, but they are not the latest. The shit thing is, I pre-ordered, and on the 20 August, it just auto download and all local saves are all wiped out when I start the game.

This is probably my first and last experience to pre-order game.

At least the new trophies are not related to the old ones. Looks like I won’t be getting the PS5 upgrades as there is no way I can autopop all my trophies (esp Transcendence that I really do not want to re-do).

The feeling sucks.

• Like 1

I had a spreadsheet on my PC which I backed up every day to USB, you know how sometimes Windows crashes? Well one day my PC crashed but I had the spreadsheet file open, I didn't realise but the file had corrupted, so I backed up the file, overwriting my good file with the bad one. So when I realised the file had corrupted, my backup was also gone too.

Almost 2 years of daily records gone, as I still had the file on my old PC, but still losing about 23 months of data was very shitty.

So I kinda know how you feel.

I am genuinely worried about the future of PS5 since it doesn't allow you to back up save files to USB, and in your case, even if you used the cloud, you're not safe.

I think in future, you/we should definitely disconnect from the Internet when installing new games with cross save data, just incase this happens and then cloud doesn't get auto synced with the wrong data.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, captain_evil777 said:

Thank you for the suggestion. I have tried downloading the saves from my cloud, but they are not the latest. The shit thing is, I pre-ordered, and on the 20 August, it just auto download and all local saves are all wiped out when I start the game.

This is probably my first and last experience to pre-order game.

At least the new trophies are not related to the old ones. Looks like I won’t be getting the PS5 upgrades as there is no way I can autopop all my trophies (esp Transcendence that I really do not want to re-do).

The feeling sucks.

The Autopop may still work, it may work like FF7R where all you need is any save, then it pulls ur trophy data and synchs from that

50 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I am genuinely worried about the future of PS5 since it doesn't allow you to back up save files to USB, and in your case, even if you used the cloud, you're not safe.

I think in future, you/we should definitely disconnect from the Internet when installing new games with cross save data, just incase this happens and then cloud doesn't get auto synced with the wrong data.

The USB thing is shit yea, but the plus is that it will stop save hacking at least

Maybe you are correct. I realised my MP progress is still there. Let me try if it works, just fingers crossed that Transcendence trophy auto popped. The latest save file I recovered is dated 5 June 2021, looking at my trophy log… I got my Transcendence trophy on 10 June 2021. Is Legends saved on the sever or a different location?

Ok, I played raid chapter 1, gold survival and one story to popped all the Legends trophies. For the main story, I have to re-do “a moment in time” (only one that did not auto popped) before the platinum popped. Now, I am just missing “A Legend for All Time” for the DLC TROPHY PACK 2. 

Now I am not sure if I should play the PS4 to 100%, looks like for some reason at least for my case, didn’t manage to get every trophy auto popped. 

• 1 year later...
On 21/08/2021 at 6:02 AM, enaysoft said:

Charging people to back up their save game data is the most anti-consumer thing I can think of. The brain-dead execs at Sony think they are up against XBox. No, you dimwits, you are up against PC gaming

I resisted PS+ for years, because paying for the "privilege" of playing MP on games you PAID FOR ALREADY is blatantly anti-consumer. 

Of course, if your backup saves get corrupted because of Sony's incompetence, then you are SOL, because giant corporations' ToS that you agreed to say so.

On 21/08/2021 at 6:53 AM, Optinooby said:

The USB thing is shit yea, but the plus is that it will stop save hacking at least

See my comments above.

Plus, I am friends with trophy hunters who are members of PS official Discords. 

They tell me that trophy hunting is so niche, in regards to the bigger Sony ecosystem, it's almost irrelevant. I was amazed to be honest.

People using save files or whatever to cheat are beyond niche.

People using CFW are even more niche than that, and guess what? The PS5 has already been jailbroken.

So, CFW scumbags get to cheat to their hearts content, meanwhile the tens of millions of suckers who buy PS5s have to suffer because of Sony's BS? So probably 0.01% of the "community" benefit, and 98% of PS5 owners aren't trophy hunters anyway? That sounds an awful lot like collective punishment to me.

As I said above, Sony are competing with PC GAMING, not Microsoft!

If Sony don't allow USB backups of save games, then I refuse to buy a PS5. As far as I can see, people have already complained about their save games being wiped through no fault of their own and save scumming not being possible. Plus I wouldn't trust Sony to manage my cat's treats, let alone my save game data.

15 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

Charging people to back up their save game data is the most anti-consumer thing I can think of. The brain-dead execs at Sony think they are up against XBox. No, you dimwits, you are up against PC gaming

I resisted PS+ for years, because paying for the "privilege" of playing MP on games you PAID FOR ALREADY is blatantly anti-consumer. 

Of course, if your backup saves get corrupted because of Sony's incompetence, then you are SOL, because giant corporations' ToS that you agreed to say so.

See my comments above.

Plus, I am friends with trophy hunters who are members of PS official Discords. 

They tell me that trophy hunting is so niche, in regards to the bigger Sony ecosystem, it's almost irrelevant. I was amazed to be honest.

People using save files or whatever to cheat are beyond niche.

People using CFW are even more niche than that, and guess what? The PS5 has already been jailbroken.

So, CFW scumbags get to cheat to their hearts content, meanwhile the tens of millions of suckers who buy PS5s have to suffer because of Sony's BS? So probably 0.01% of the "community" benefit, and 98% of PS5 owners aren't trophy hunters anyway? That sounds an awful lot like collective punishment to me.

As I said above, Sony are competing with PC GAMING, not Microsoft!

If Sony don't allow USB backups of save games, then I refuse to buy a PS5. As far as I can see, people have already complained about their save games being wiped through no fault of their own and save scumming not being possible. Plus I wouldn't trust Sony to manage my cat's treats, let alone my save game data.

I cant comment on the massive overall debate, i dont really have the time to look into it all properly to form a accurate educated opinion, I was just merely mentioning a pro and con however minor they are ;)

Honesly getting deeper into it i wouldn't know what im talking about so best i leave these discussions to you guys who are more educated on the matter and have more interest in it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

I cant comment on the massive overall debate, i dont really have the time to look into it all properly to form a accurate educated opinion, I was just merely mentioning a pro and con however minor they are ;)

Honesly getting deeper into it i wouldn't know what im talking about so best i leave these discussions to you guys who are more educated on the matter and have more interest in it.

Thank you for the reply my friend. I wasn't having a go at you, I just find that Sony is becoming more and more anti-consumer, more censorious and more abysmal by the day.

I love PlayStation to bits, but quite honestly, if they continue doing this BS then I will just quit gaming completely, once I've finished all the PS3, PS4 and Vita games in my library.

The proposed Vita/PS3 Store closures would have been catastrophic for me as a trophy hunter. If I care more about a company than the directors do, which seems to be the case, then you know it's time to bail on them.

Edited by baboon_overlord
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, baboon_overlord said:

I agree with you, but there is an argument to be said about servers costing money to run, I mean that is true. Whether or not they should be free or not, is another discussion, but servers do cost money to run, I don't like it either, but that is a fact.

I couldn't care less about cheaters, if you wanna cheat, fine by me, but now, I myself minding my own business, am unable to back up my saves due to no fault of my own and due to the fault of others who have nothing to do with me. (If I had bought a PS5)

Removing the ability to back up your saves to USB. Removing a feature that used to exist, and worse, to make your cloud service seem more lucrative, and with no legal route to back up your saves on PS5.

Doesn't matter if you think it's not a big deal or not. That is highly anti consumer, no matter which way you look at it. You literally have features removed, remember when you could no longer install Linux on a PS3, yet again, you now have an inferior product, feature wise.

Just like what happened to Vita, at some point, people are going to hack the shit out the PS5, nothing is safe forever, and then it's wide open, happened to Vita, happened to PS4, happened to PS5.

Vita is plagued with over expensive proprietary memory UNLESS you hack it so genuine consumers are shafted.

Once PS5 is prone to cheating, cheating will happen, and then everyone else just minding their own business, now owns a console where you can't back up your saves as a standard feature.

While hacked PS5s will be able to do just that, just like a hacked Vita.

I don't even think cheating is that much of an issue these days, there's no way of proving anyone cheated anyway if said person plans way in advance and is careful of their edited timestamps.

Arguably auto popping is way worse, ruining everything, but hey that's legit right?

Trophy hunting is a joke, has been for some years, but now PS+ is practically compulsory. I mean like, you can't play online, I can live without online, I can also live without "free" PS+ games, especially in recent years where I've downloaded 2 games in 4 years, would have been cheaper to buy them outright and cancel my PS+ subscription.

Not being able to back up your save games is honestly a deal breaker for me. And then ironically I don't even care about 99% of my saves, if they vanished overnight, I wouldn't be bothered.

It's more the principle of the thing, and in the case of this game. I don't even have Ghost Of Tsushima but you bet I would definitely have backed up my save file before upgrading.

I used to have back up memory cards for PS1 and PS2, USB backup is something you do in the privacy of your own home. No way you can justify cloud services ONLY with such bad business practices.

Edited by enaysoft