Limited Access to Iki Island?

JagKenobi

Looking to get some clarification from folks who've played the expansion, asking for my housemate....

He read somewhere that you can access the expansion content at the start of Act 2, but if you've already beaten the whole base game, you can no longer access the expansion content. He'd have to start a new savefile and make it to the start of Act 2. Is there any truth to this? 

For the record, I'm a first time player of the game, about ten hours in and firmly still in Act 1 so I'm not in a position to answer his question and am curious myself.

As long as he still has the save file where the game is cleared, he can load that up and start the Iki expansion.

As soon as you unlock Toyotama region in Act 2 you can access the expansion missions, beating the entire base game definitely doesn't lock you out of accessing Iki Island.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, KenobiEagle said:

Looking to get some clarification from folks who've played the expansion, asking for my housemate....

He read somewhere that you can access the expansion content at the start of Act 2, but if you've already beaten the whole base game, you can no longer access the expansion content. He'd have to start a new savefile and make it to the start of Act 2. Is there any truth to this? 

For the record, I'm a first time player of the game, about ten hours in and firmly still in Act 1 so I'm not in a position to answer his question and am curious myself.

It's accessible post game.  That's how I played through it.

• Like 1