DLC Storyline Question

xItsLesterx

42 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

I'll cut to the chase. I never played the original FF7. How important is the DLC Story to the upcoming game, whenever that is? 

I dont think we can actually say how important it will be because no one knows quite what direction Square will take. In the original, Yuffiie was a character who you collected a certain way and optional, you never had to actually visit Wutai to complete the game and the war with Wutai was more background colour than anything else. However, in the Remake, Wutai's involvement in AVALANCHE activities isn't just hinted at but obviously confirmed by the DLC and Yuffie looks set to play a more central role.....so I would say its worth the time and investment to play because I think both Wutai and Yuffie will be a more important part of the second Remake 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DarrellGoodliffe said:

I dont think we can actually say how important it will be because no one knows quite what direction Square will take. In the original, Yuffiie was a character who you collected a certain way and optional, you never had to actually visit Wutai to complete the game and the war with Wutai was more background colour than anything else. However, in the Remake, Wutai's involvement in AVALANCHE activities isn't just hinted at but obviously confirmed by the DLC and Yuffie looks set to play a more central role.....so I would say its worth the time and investment to play because I think both Wutai and Yuffie will be a more important part of the second Remake 

Thanks. My understanding is that devs changed a few things from the original but since I never played it, I wouldn't know ?. Definitely I'll keep that in mind tho. 

As someone who's never played a FF game before this one, FF7R Intergrade, all I can say is that I thoroughly enjoyed the DLC as a big fan of the base game. While nearly the entirety of the DLC focuses on characters outside the main cast (it takes place during the events of the base game), there is a teaser for the sequel at the end. I would play this regardless of whether or not it's crucial for the next game's story. Besides, it is a free upgrade. 

• Like 1