List Other Time Zones in Gaming Sessions...

antithesis

A quick suggestion - is it possible to include the 4 most likely timezone times in the details of a Gaming Session, those being East Coast USA, West Coast USA, UK and East Coast Australia?

The biggest challenge when it comes to gaming sessions is choosing a time when everyone can participate and that would save a lot of mental arithmetic so we're not creating sessions at times when others can't join. 

For example, if I setup a session at 9am Eastern Australia standard time, it would list the session at my local time, as it would for everyone else, but also list what that time is in the UK, Eastern USA and Western USA below the session time (or have a drop-down or some form of time converter) so we can edit or delete the session if it's at Ridiculous o'Clock.

I realise we have the local time for our own account listed there, but it'd be handy to know the Timezone of those who join a session, or at least a quick reference to the USA, UK and Australia (given most of us should be within 1-2 hours of those locations).

At a minimum, we could get away with displaying the other timezones just on session creation (that's the only time it's important), it doesn't need to be a pervasive feature if everything else if working fine as is.

Edited by ant1th3s1s

A quick suggestion - is it possible to include the 4 most likely timezone times in the details of a Gaming Session, those being East Coast USA, West Coast USA, UK and East Coast Australia?

The biggest challenge when it comes to gaming sessions is choosing a time when everyone can participate and that would save a lot of mental arithmetic so we're not creating sessions at times when others can't join. 

For example, if I setup a session at 9am Eastern Australia standard time, it would list the session at my local time, as it would for everyone else, but also list what that time is in the UK, Eastern USA and Western USA below the session time (or have a drop-down or some form of time converter) so we can edit or delete the session if it's at Ridiculous o'Clock.

I realise we have the local time for our own account listed there, but it'd be handy to know the Timezone of those who join a session, or at least a quick reference to the USA, UK and Australia (given most of us should be within 1-2 hours of those locations).

At a minimum, we could get away with displaying the other timezones just on session creation (that's the only time it's important), it doesn't need to be a pervasive feature if everything else if working fine as is.

You can go to the other participant's profile, look at their country (by holding the mouse on the flag) and look up the timezone for that country.

Everything already adjusts to your timezone set here: https://psnprofiles.com/?settings

I understand, but when I'm setting up a session, I'd also like to see what time that is in the UK, US and Oz, so I'm not creating sessions at times no-one can join. There's no easy way to do that, unless I change my timezone in Settings, which I then need to remember to change back.

There are other ways to achieve the same goal (use a timezone converter site etc), however for the sake of convenience, it'd be handy to see those times when creating a Gaming Session.

As an example, I just had a session for 7am here in Oz, which was 1pm in the US (West Coast) and 10pm in Germany, the location of the other two boosters. If there's something built into Gaming Sessions so we can see those timezones, it saves effort trying to coordinate suitable times for all participants.

Again, this relates more to session creation than joining - if I setup that same session for 9pm Brisbane time (perfect for me), it's 3am in San Francisco (asleep) and 12pm in Berlin (at work), so no-one's going to join. A simple way for me to figure out a more suitable time for US and UK boosters at a glance would be handy.

We're an international community, so finding a time that suits all three major markets (Europe, America, Asia Pacific) would be useful, particularly when many boosting sessions are for games with dead online MP.

You can go to the other participant's profile, look at their country (by holding the mouse on the flag) and look up the timezone for that country.

Too much dicking around, but that might be a way to include their timezone (or close to in the case of countries than span timezones) in the session details. List country flags, hover for their timezone. In any case, that doesn't really matter, it's up to the people joining to make sure it suits them.

Edited by ant1th3s1s