PSN account password (suddenly) incorrect

Ghanupher

Hi everyone!

As of today, it's the second time in a month that I find that my PS3 is not connecting to PSN due to "the password is incorrect" message.

Thing is, I have my PS3 settings to connect automatically to the internet, so there's no wrong input from my end.

Something to note, this is a used PS3 I bought a month ago, perhaps the issue it's something related to that?

Is my account being hacked in some way?

I'm clueless

Thanks in advance!

I had the same issue, I think Sony just fucked around with security on older systems and messed something up lol. Turning 2-factor authentication and generating the console password seems to fix the problem. You can't turn it off after though, otherwise, the password won't work again. That happened to me with 3 different accounts. I couldn't log in on ps3 or browser but I could on ps4/5, but I had to use the security code sent to email to log in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, timpurnat said:

I had the same issue, I think Sony just fucked around with security on older systems and messed something up lol. Turning 2-factor authentication and generating the console password seems to fix the problem. You can't turn it off after though, otherwise, the password won't work again. That happened to me with 3 different accounts. I couldn't log in on ps3 or browser but I could on ps4/5, but I had to use the security code sent to email to log in.

Thanks! Then I guess I'm not the only one...

4 minutes ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

Much discussion on the forums already about this

Thanks! I'll check it out.

Sorry for creating the thread.

• Like 1