Nowhere to go in Dead Ops Arcade

I’ve only just started playing DOA. I reached round 20 in solo first person advanced start. I managed to climb the circular mountain and kill the werewolf at the top. Then i dropped down the hole and acquired a fate stone. Then i died the next round. 

So it loaded me back into round 17. I progressed to round 20 and killed the werewolf

again but lava is now covering the hole. But the problem is there is literally no where to go. I spent a good 2 hours in this area wondering where to go. I thought maybe i didn’t know where to go. But i’ve looked everywhere and there is nothing to do. There is a locked door where i need a key and i don’t have one. There is a path to a dungeon which i have already completed. There is a device/stone structure with a blue gem in front of the dungeon entrance that i can’t use. And lastly right at the bottom where i spawned there is a pool of lava with a platform moving side to side.

What do i actually do here?

EDIT: Must have been a glitch. As today when i got to the hole in the floor the lava was gone :) 

Edited by Radford999