PS4 invalid postcode help

LiquidSnake7654

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone knows how to fix a postcode problem on ps4. When I login to my account on ps4 I get a message saying update account. On the update address part it keeps telling me that my postcode is invalid. No mater what code or city I put in it tells me the same thing over and over.

I need help and PS Support are useless.

I didn't have this problem until I got a ps5, and tried logging into my account on there, which has the same issue.

44 minutes ago, Null_Spectre said:

Have you tried changing your postcode in Account Settings through the Web Browser Storefront?

Hello Null,

Yes i tried going through the web browser and the App, anf thats tells me the Postcode is invalid as well. But playstation seems to accept the address in the mayment methods.

Its very worrying, i've got £1000 worth of content on my account and nearly 2yrs of PS+.

My PS5 wont even let me past the setup as i need to update my postcode it says.

7 minutes ago, LiquidSnake7654 said:

Hello Null,

Yes i tried going through the web browser and the App, anf thats tells me the Postcode is invalid as well. But playstation seems to accept the address in the mayment methods.

Its very worrying, i've got £1000 worth of content on my account and nearly 2yrs of PS+.

My PS5 wont even let me past the setup as i need to update my postcode it says.

If it's giving you errors on there, you may need to contact your countries playstation support phone chat and have them help fix the postal code issue

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

If it's giving you errors on there, you may need to contact your countries playstation support phone chat and have them help fix the postal code issue

I'm in the UK, and the support call centre is in India. They say they will email me or call, but they never do, so I have to call them all the time. And they don't sound like they know what they are doing. 

Could there be a variation of your postcode? Example here in Ireland A12B345 sometimes would need to be typed or written as A12 B345.

4 minutes ago, LiquidSnake7654 said:

I'm in the UK, and the support call centre is in India. They say they will email me or call, but they never do, so I have to call them all the time. And they don't sound like they know what they are doing. 

Any luck with online chat Agent? Could try tweeting at them also https://twitter.com/AskPS_Uk

1 hour ago, Null_Spectre said:

Could there be a variation of your postcode? Example here in Ireland A12B345 sometimes would need to be typed or written as A12 B345.

Any luck with online chat Agent? Could try tweeting at them also https://twitter.com/AskPS_Uk

Tried all variations, and still says it's invalid.

I created a new account using a different email to test the address, and it works fine, using all the same contry, city and postcode. This doesn't help me however because I can't use my ps+' or content.

5 hours ago, LiquidSnake7654 said:

Tried all variations, and still says it's invalid.

I created a new account using a different email to test the address, and it works fine, using all the same contry, city and postcode. This doesn't help me however because I can't use my ps+' or content.

Try changing your address to a friend or family member's address and if it does save, try to revert it back to the previous one.

If that doesn't work it's definitely an issue relating to how your info specific to that account is stored on PSN's database that unfortunately support can only resolve.

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone has experienced this problem. I bought a ps5 last week. And when I tried to log into my account on the setup, it told me to update my details. No matter what post code I put in it says its invalid. So I  can't get past the setup. Any help appreciated.  

My brand new ps5 is now nothing more than a £500 brick gathering dust.

1. Are you located at the address you are typing in? Not impossible the console might reject otherwise.

2. Are you using a different countries PS+ (IE: Living in the UK but using USA account?) If so you would need to type in an actual working post code.

Have you tried signing in offline?

Have you tried just logging in as a new user and then adding your main account afterwards?

I don't remember my PS5 asking me to verify my post code, sounds like it suspects you are not where you are saying you are, if that is the case then trying whilst not connected to the net might help.

Edited by Septic_Phlegm