2 Diablo 2 questions

Sir_Bee

I have 2 questions, one I am pretty sure I know the answer to, the other I am not so sure.

1 - If I am playing on a PS5, can I play with Mrs. Bee while she plays on a PS4.  I am pretty sure this works, but I am getting conflicting information online.  Granted, the ones saying no are all very old, hence why I am pretty sure.

2 - Is your copy of the game tied to your blizzard account?  I.E. will we need 2 digital copies of the game to play together?  Most co-op games we can play with one copy of the game,  I play on my system signed in as me, she plays on her system where I have set it as my primary system, signed in as her.  This won't work however, if the copy of the game gets tied to a blizzard account.

Thanks for any help.

I bought this game on PS5, my son played coop with me on the PS4 upstairs for about 4 hours on Sunday. I have one copy of the game, i did have to make him a second blizzard account to be able to play with me.  We did have a couple of disconnection issues but didnt lose any exp/equipment just progress on that part of the map/cave etc.  To be 100% clear i am playing the PS5 version of the digital edition of the game whilst he is obviously on the ps4 version on the ps4

• Like 3

1 minute ago, chickenbaltipie said:

I bought this game on PS5, my son played coop with me on the PS4 upstairs for about 4 hours on Sunday. I have one copy of the game, i did have to make him a second blizzard account to be able to play with me.  We did have a couple of disconnection issues but didnt lose any exp/equipment just progress on that part of the map/cave etc.  To be 100% clear i am playing the PS5 version of the digital edition of the game whilst he is obviously on the ps4 version on the ps4

Excellent, that sounds like exactly what I wanted to hear.  Mrs. Bee has her own blizzard account (we played Diablo 3 together).  Also, it would appear that buying the PS5 version also gives you the ps4 version, which I assumed, but probably shouldn't have.  But that is good to hear as well.

I hope you and your son continue to enjoy the game, thanks for the response.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sir_Bee said:

Excellent, that sounds like exactly what I wanted to hear.  Mrs. Bee has her own blizzard account (we played Diablo 3 together).  Also, it would appear that buying the PS5 version also gives you the ps4 version, which I assumed, but probably shouldn't have.  But that is good to hear as well.

I hope you and your son continue to enjoy the game, thanks for the response.

No probs - have fun with it - we certain got off to a good start.  you 100% get both versions, i preordered mine and it downloaded both on my PS5 - this is the digital edition - assume its the same for a physical copy, hopefully someone else on here could confirm that 

Edited by chickenbaltipie
extra info sukkers