Intermission Chapter 1 Gamebreaking Bug

den-69

During the first chapter of the game while chasing after Zhijie I ran into a strange bug. He stopped running away and was stuck at the top of one of those pole like things you can slide down kinda nervously looking down the pole and my objective marker was still on him but nothing was happening when I was right up to him. I thought maybe reloading my autosave would fix it but it didn't. I then figured maybe if I got past that part in the game it would fix itself but it didn't. The game carried on and my objective marker stayed on him in that same place. I got about an hour further since then and it is still in the same place. I have no idea where I'm supposed to go anymore... Even during the boss fight of that bit of the game, his model was randomly appearing in the fighting arena and acting like he was still looking down the pole?? lol

I'm not even sure if my chapter progress has continued as it's no longer telling me what to do and still says my objective is to chase him.

Anyone know what's going on with this? Any solutions other than restarting the game?