Challenge

sepheroithisgod

If you ever switched diffculty, it voids the trophy. If you ever retreated from a war battle, it may also be considered as a defeat. Other than that, maybe you tried to quit as you were about to lose a battle, thought you did it on time, but it was actually too late and it has been considered as a defeat. 

I played the game a long time ago so i don't remember well, but i don't think choices matter for this trophy. The only way it could is by making a choice leading to a battle where you are forced to loose, but i don't think it's the case in the first game. 

Edited by jlojlo1

1 minute ago, jlojlo1 said:

If you ever switched diffculty, it voids the trophy. If you ever retreated from a war battle, it may also be considered as a defeat. Other than that, maybe you tried to quit as you were about to lose a battle, thought you did it on time, but it was actually too late and it has been considered as a defeat. 

I played the game a long time ago so i don't remember well, but i don't think choices matter for this trophy. The only way it could is by making a choice leading to a battle where you are forced to loose, but i don't think it's the case in the first game. 

Never switched difficulty, I got the trophy for beating it on hard, so that wasn't the issue. I never retreated, but I did choose to leave the fort at the end of chapter 3 instead of fighting.

For reference, when ever I was about to lose, I would hold the PS button and quit the game. Is there a more optimal way?

7 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

I never retreated, but I did choose to leave the fort at the end of chapter 3 instead of fighting.

For reference, when ever I was about to lose, I would hold the PS button and quit the game. Is there a more optimal way?

I don't think it matters because it can't count as a defeat if you did not engage in battle so i don't think it's that. Maybe battles in the training camp count?

I did the same as you to quit, but the only time i did it was in the middle of the fight because i knew it was a lost cause so i don't exactly know the timing of when you have to quit to avoid the defeat. I think as long as the "defeat" music and/or the loose screen don't show up yet, it's fine.

Edited by jlojlo1

2 minutes ago, jlojlo1 said:

I don't think it matters because it can't count as a defeat if you did not engage in battle so i don't think it's that. Maybe battles in the training camp count?

I did the same as you to quit, but the only time i did it was in the middle of the fight because i knew it was a lost cause so i don't exactly know the timing of when you have to quit to avoid the defeat. I think as long as the "defeat" music and/or the loose screen don't show up yet, it's fine.

I'd typically quit when the final hit was struct, so I guess this time I will do it whenever things look bad and it's still my turn. They should have had a sat screen to see battles won and lost. At least it's not that long.

Just now, sepheroithisgod said:

I'd typically quit when the final hit was struct, so I guess this time I will do it whenever things look bad and it's still my turn. They should have had a sat screen to see battles won and lost. At least it's not that long.

I agree that it would make this trophy less stressful, and it is exactly why i never wanted to play with fire and just quit a bit early. Also keeping save on the cloud/USB in case you have any doubts will avoid to replay the whole game everytime. Sorry i couldn't help identify clearly the reason the trophy did not pop, but the game is really niche so it's hard to find any info ?

• Like 1