Acquired Taste trophy

EtherealLupine

Does anybody have a clue how to actually get this trophy?

Most answers I've found from people answering others are pretty obscure about it and it's the last trophy I need.

I've met the requirements in the description but the trophy won't ping.

I sell Sege's street sculptures to Robert (5 that you then set-up in the street) that then get blown up in the winter segment.

Built Sege's version of Humphreys sign. Then built his "Motor Bird" sculpture for the fountain in spring.

I've tried so many runs of this and I still haven't got the faintest idea where I'm going wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, so after a long break and some help from multiple outside perspectives (and playing anything just so I don't go nutty), I now know the secret to this trophy.

In the previous chapter, "Years Between", rat Sege out about the barn fire, that way he can work for the Humphreys'-then get fired right after.  Go about the chapter as usual and when you get to Robert, there will be a choice to either build something normal or go for Sege's sculptures.  THAT'S what has been bothering me for so long! I'm flabbergasted that it didn't come to me sooner...to think I was close a few times.  I hope this helps you and anyone else that had a headache from this

• Like 1

Fll3n-Archang3l ... You are a living legend! My 99th Platinum all thanks to you.

What a horribly obscure trophy with a surprisingly detailed description ?

I'm honestly at a loss for words, but you were right.

Rat Sege out about the barn fire in "Years Between" and Sege should be working for Humphreys in the transition to the "Priorities" Chapter.

From there, do as the trophy description - and what you - say.

Build Sege's version of Humphreys Sign and Sege's version of street sculptures for Robert, go through the game normally and the "Acquired Taste" trophy will pop as soon as the fountain sculpture is built! ?

This trophy has been the bane of my existence for a while now.

I honestly can't thank you enough for your answer. Straightforward and to the point. ?

Hopefully your description helps many others with this absolutely pain of a trophy.

Edited by X-whispa2K8-X
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, can you guys explain in more detail what has to be done? So, reveal to the father that the fire was Sage fault but don't tell the mother that the father has money deal with Humphrey? Done two options, I reveal Sage secret but didn't tell about the money, I reveal Sage secret and didn't the mother about the money. The outcome is the same, Sage never work for Humphrey, and when speaking to Robert is always the same option "go with Robert, It's your choice or the third one", there is never an option to build Sage sculpture. So what am I doing wrong? Any tips please, that's my last trophy.

On 11/14/2021 at 5:37 AM, Rekinek said:

Hi, can you guys explain in more detail what has to be done? So, reveal to the father that the fire was Sage fault but don't tell the mother that the father has money deal with Humphrey? Done two options, I reveal Sage secret but didn't tell about the money, I reveal Sage secret and didn't the mother about the money. The outcome is the same, Sage never work for Humphrey, and when speaking to Robert is always the same option "go with Robert, It's your choice or the third one", there is never an option to build Sage sculpture. So what am I doing wrong? Any tips please, that's my last trophy.

Hmm, that's a new one... from what I remember, I always sided with the dad whenever he and Sege had any conflict. It's been a while so I could be wrong. I'll try to go back and see what the issue is.

Edit: So I went back to see if there was anything to get this, it seems from before the start of the chapter (when you're traveling through the early memories in the chasm), always side with the father and never with Sege.  From picking flowers with him to declining Sege's help. Then when you hit the Years Between chapter, tell Sege to focus on school, continue to side with the father (tell him and the mother about Sege's hideout, gossip about him, and rat him out about the barn fire).  When the chapter is done, it should show that Sege is working for the Humphreys.  When you talk to him, get him to open up twice, then continue to play until you get to Robert, where the choice should be shown (unsure if co-renting the apartment behind Matt's has anything to do with this, but I agreed to help him). Hopefully this helps you out because this trophy has been a headache for a lot of folks

Edited by Fll3n-Archang3l
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...

On 17/11/2021 at 3:44 AM, Fll3n-Archang3l said:

Hmm, that's a new one... from what I remember, I always sided with the dad whenever he and Sege had any conflict. It's been a while so I could be wrong. I'll try to go back and see what the issue is.

Edit: So I went back to see if there was anything to get this, it seems from before the start of the chapter (when you're traveling through the early memories in the chasm), always side with the father and never with Sege.  From picking flowers with him to declining Sege's help. Then when you hit the Years Between chapter, tell Sege to focus on school, continue to side with the father (tell him and the mother about Sege's hideout, gossip about him, and rat him out about the barn fire).  When the chapter is done, it should show that Sege is working for the Humphreys.  When you talk to him, get him to open up twice, then continue to play until you get to Robert, where the choice should be shown (unsure if co-renting the apartment behind Matt's has anything to do with this, but I agreed to help him). Hopefully this helps you out because this trophy has been a headache for a lot of folks

EDIT:

I followed the guide and it worked fine. Annoyingly specific trophy but it popped! cheers :D

Edited by Vice_Point_Riffs
  • Like 1