Licence Issues

GizMo_The_Great

Just a warning…

I pre-ordered this game, which is meant to come with both the PS4 & PS5..

Upon release this morning, I went to download it to my PS4 and it tried to charge me for the game again. 

Now when I go into the store, it says I don’t own the game.

I am able to download the PS5 version, but the PS4 licence is not on my account..

I am assuming there was an issue with the licences, and instead of issuing both to my account, it’s only issued the PS5 version to me.

Naturally I contacted Sony, and naturally they were useless.. they kept telling me that it’s the PS5 version I purchased, and not the PS4 one.. despite explaining multiple times that you cannot purchase the versions separately, they come together and in no other form.

I supplied them with multiple screenshots of my purchase that clearly states “This product entitles you to download both the digital
PS4 version and the digital PS5 version of this game.”

But they still claim that it’s just the PS5 version I purchased because that’s the only licence I own.

So as of now, I paid for both versions and only got one. Sony are useless and refuse to accept that there is an issue. I reached out to the developer and publisher but so far they haven’t responded. 

I’d advise anyone who did purchase this, especially if you pre-ordered, check that you did get access to both versions. If you didn’t, then please kick up a fuss, because as it stands, Sony seem to think there’s nothing wrong.

Yeah the devs replied to me and said…

”Sorry for this issue. Apparently there was an unavoidable problem with the configuration of our prepurchase + cross-buy setup which caused there to be a little bit of delay before both platforms would become accessible to players who prepurchased.

So the good news is this sounds like an expected behaviour, and should resolve itself shortly. We'd suggest giving it as long as 24 hours from the launch time, then checking again whether you can download to your PS4.

Please let us know if you still have no luck by the morning of the 6th and we'll try and resolve this asap. Sorry again for the wait!”

Mine started working around 6pm..

In the meantime, PlayStation have replied to me again and they are escalating the issue. I’ve tried telling them it’s resolved. 

These upgrades seem to be handled so badly. 

I don’t mind waiting a little bit, it’s not like I didn’t have to wait weeks for Ubisoft to fix all the upgrade issues at launch..

But I was a little concerned with this one, as digital titles are usually instant, but Sony were claiming I only owned the PS5 licence.. oh well, it’s all fixed now.