No Trophy Timestamp

ChocoDoc1

Hello! I lost my internet connection and I was playing a game offline which is Layers of Fear. I was doing this on an alternate account and after about three to four trophies that popped I immediately looked at my trophy list and there were no timestamps! It was blank so when I tried to use data on my phone just to connect to the internet and sync, I tested to see if the blank trophies would show their time but nope it didnt show up. So basically what I did next was after connecting to the internet and playing til a trophy popped and it showed a valid timestamp. Now Im worried if my cmos battery is worn out? I was using an unregistered psn account but then used my second account to just check if the trophies still dont have any timestamps. Does anyone have any idea on this? Thanks

A dead cmos battery only affects the internal clock at boot on a console. Once booted, a connection to PSN syncs the clock and as long as that console continues to run, the internal clock will continue to remain in sync. Losing an internet connection while playing will not affect the clock.

If the CMOS was dead when you booted, you kept your console offline, and you created an alternate account and played without ever connecting to PSN, that could explain missing timestamps, but that doesn't seem to align with your description of your experience.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

A dead cmos battery only affects the internal clock at boot on a console. Once booted, a connection to PSN syncs the clock and as long as that console continues to run, the internal clock will continue to remain in sync. Losing an internet connection while playing will not affect the clock.

If the CMOS was dead when you booted, you kept your console offline, and you created an alternate account and played without ever connecting to PSN, that could explain missing timestamps, but that doesn't seem to align with your description of your experience.

Ooohh I see sorry for my english. What I did was boot the PS4 which wasnt connected to the internet and my clock didnt sync. So that means my cmos battery is dead? Hence the missing timestamps? I think your second paragraph describes what happened to me! Thanks! 

Edited by ChocoDoc1
Slipped my mind that I was still connected to the internet while playing offline haha

1 minute ago, ChocoDoc1 said:

Ooohh I see sorry for my english. What I did was boot the PS4 which wasnt connected to the internet and my clock didnt sync. So that means my cmos battery is dead? Hence the missing timestamps? I think your second paragraph describes what happened to me, But yeah before I was playing offline the timestamps were correct I just noticed that this time there were blank timestamps maybe because of the new update that fixes the cmos battery?

It does seem like your CMOS is possibly dead. The new update doesn't fix the CMOS battery, it just doesn't instant deactivate all the digital content on an account if the battery dies.

The only fix to a dead CMOS battery is a replaced CMOS battery. A workaround, but not a fix, is just to connect to PSN every time you boot up the console.

Look up a PS4 motherboard replacement video/guide, grab a screwdriver and spend $5 for a CR2032 and you'll be able replace the CMOS in your console. I have some computer motherboards from the early 90's that still have functioning CR2032 batteries that are measuring full voltage. They don't tend to die as quickly as yours seems to, but there's always edge cases where they can.

• Like 2