Chapter 5 Water Room Encounter Strategy

1 hour ago, TheNobleOnez said:

The water room, also known as the blue room, is an area found during Chapter 5: The Fortress in Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. It is a big room that fills with waves of enemies that you must defeat in order to proceed in the chapter. Usually you would have to drop down into the room in order to trigger the spawning of the enemies which can leave you vulnerable since the enemies come from all sides and can easily flank you and cause your death, especially on higher difficulties such as Crushing mode. This does not have to be the case, however.

Once you reach the blue room after killing all the hostiles in the tunnel, DO NOT DROP DOWN INTO IT. Instead, turn around and go back through the flooded tunnel until you arrive at where you entered the tunnel initially. You will find yourself back at the wide open outdoor area full of crates and trucks. Right in front of you will be a mounted turret. All you need to do is press triangle on the turret and begin shooting until you hear the sound cue that indicates the start of a combat encounter. After triggering the music, head back into the tunnel and towards the entryway to the blue room, but once again DO NOT DROP DOWN INTO IT. You will notice that the enemies have spawned in the blue room without you having had to drop down into it. From your vantage point above them you can hide from and kill the enemies with ease. You do not have to worry about enemies getting close enough to melee you.

https://youtu.be/t9M5jqBuPBA.   5+ year old method ?

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks for posting. I wasn't aware of the various glitches way back when I first played this on the PS3 so it's new to me. Since this if my first time playing on Crushing though, I'm all for making some of the difficult encounters easier if possible and this was certainly one of them. I had no issues with this method.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...