Help with Gold Star for Score

LegendExeter

In playing for the 3 Gold Stars per level, I've found the Low Deaths and Time to actually be quite achievable.  What I'm struggling with though is the Score Gold Star.

I'm wondering if anyone can help provide tips or explain how best to achieve this?

I don't understand, from what I've read this should be the easiest of the 3 types of stars I thought.  So from what I've understood if I get hit it breaks my multiplier of points, and if you wait to long your "bonus" points stop and just add in to your score at that time.  So ideally you would want to keep your combo or streak of attacks going.  The thing is I just beat the farm level a week ago with 0 Deaths and was still 7500 points short of the Score Star.  I can only remember 1 time where my combo broke because a bale of hay was in the way of the Vikings and my streak stopped and had to restart.

What are we talking about here though?  Is there a number of Vikings you have to kill per section of the stage?  If that is the case in order to get higher multipliers and points, rather than use the admittedly fun items like smashing whole groups with cars, should I be throwing the smaller items like cube hay bales, trash cans, and logs?  The smaller the object the less kills per toss, yet my multiplier might go higher?

I have searched the internet pretty thoroughly and cannot find a lot of material on this game, so if some of the recent 100% people over the past 6 months can help explain this, that would be great.  @VirtualNight @Torenow  ???

I don't remember the game anymore, about the game in general the only difficult part I recall was that I had not to die, but I don't remember if due to a no death requirement or because a death would reset the combo and make it impossible to score enough points.

I definitely was not so selective about what to throw, whatever I had nearby or that was thrown at me I'd use that, the only thing I usually avoided was the paint missile since having a too large group is not a good choice.

I think the farm has a stricted score requirement, but I haven't had any real problem there, the latter stages were much more of a pain.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2021 at 4:58 AM, VirtualNight said:

I don't remember the game anymore, about the game in general the only difficult part I recall was that I had not to die, but I don't remember if due to a no death requirement or because a death would reset the combo and make it impossible to score enough points.

I definitely was not so selective about what to throw, whatever I had nearby or that was thrown at me I'd use that, the only thing I usually avoided was the paint missile since having a too large group is not a good choice.

I think the farm has a stricted score requirement, but I haven't had any real problem there, the latter stages were much more of a pain.

Thanks for the response man.  

Overall it was really confusing for me because I was unsure if the Star system worked until I had completed the main quest compaign.  Then it turns out through 45 possible gold stars, I had achieved 1, the High Score for the very last level.  I was like duh.  Then I tried on Farm and the Village Fete and I could do time/deaths yet was not getting score so I was confused.  I think I did the level after that, the goal was 200,000 and I got 400,000 and literally time/low death/high score all at once.  Then I realized how the score worked.

It's very difficult actually.  It's one thing to just avoid things and get through a stage with low death, it's another to get and KEEP that multiplier going so your score stays high enough.  I currently have 21/45 Gold Stars, and I still have some characters to unlock.  Still score is causing me the most trouble, I tried doing it on the Pier(20 K short) and in the Bolt Factory (40 K short).  It's hard, there are a lot of variables to consider, and a lot of moving parts, and the timer does not feel friendly with how quickly your multiplier goes away.  It's tough yet I will continue trying, as the game has a very cute charm, and at the same time is easy to pick up and play.  That arena for the Hard As Nails trophy looks daunting though, I have not got past round 6 the Marines when it switches to 3 groups attacking you instead of 2.  Seems very tough.

I did notice your profile as I looked at Fastest Achievers for Fat Princess the other night, and you must be an incredible gamer...5 days, for FP?  How?  How did you do the Arena so fast?  That trophy is so damn hard.  Nice collection of trophies dude.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

Thanks for the response man.  

Overall it was really confusing for me because I was unsure if the Star system worked until I had completed the main quest compaign.  Then it turns out through 45 possible gold stars, I had achieved 1, the High Score for the very last level.  I was like duh.  Then I tried on Farm and the Village Fete and I could do time/deaths yet was not getting score so I was confused.  I think I did the level after that, the goal was 200,000 and I got 400,000 and literally time/low death/high score all at once.  Then I realized how the score worked.

It's very difficult actually.  It's one thing to just avoid things and get through a stage with low death, it's another to get and KEEP that multiplier going so your score stays high enough.  I currently have 21/45 Gold Stars, and I still have some characters to unlock.  Still score is causing me the most trouble, I tried doing it on the Pier(20 K short) and in the Bolt Factory (40 K short).  It's hard, there are a lot of variables to consider, and a lot of moving parts, and the timer does not feel friendly with how quickly your multiplier goes away.  It's tough yet I will continue trying, as the game has a very cute charm, and at the same time is easy to pick up and play.  That arena for the Hard As Nails trophy looks daunting though, I have not got past round 6 the Marines when it switches to 3 groups attacking you instead of 2.  Seems very tough.

I did notice your profile as I looked at Fastest Achievers for Fat Princess the other night, and you must be an incredible gamer...5 days, for FP?  How?  How did you do the Arena so fast?  That trophy is so damn hard.  Nice collection of trophies dude.

I'm not a great gamer at all. I cheesed most of the game through pause-exploiting which saved dozens of hours of practicing, same in the arena which I did on first try. When you are used to that exploit, you know how it can come in help in lots of games, for this specific game it greatly helps to read in time whatever the AI throws at you and where a new group is going to form.

FP is mostly a grind, the only difficult part was the arena but some helpful vids provide nice strategies. It's been awhile but I think the only real struggle was the archer character who took a few hours.