"Games" on PS4 profile decreased?

Raidou Kuzunoha XIV

I've had another weird issue with my PS4 this evening (trophy count didn't go up after earning a new trophy, fixed itself after earning yet another trophy though), so dunno if this is just a "me" issue, but I just noticed that the total number of games under the "games" section on my profile has randomly decreased, from 510 to 494.

The "games" section has always been a bit glitchy, with new games occasionally not being added to it over certain periods, and some games not showing an icon and/or title. Never seen it decrease before though.

Anyone else have this issue?

3 minutes ago, ShadowReplicant said:

Yup, happened to me as well. I was able to "re-add" most of the games by simply starting them up, not all of them though. I never found a solution.

Good to hear it's not just me then. I don't even know what 16 games are missing, and I'm not going to go through them all to check. Very strange though, it was definitely 510 games when I last checked back on Sunday.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Good to hear it's not just me then. I don't even know what 16 games are missing, and I'm not going to go through them all to check. Very strange though, it was definitely 510 games when I last checked back on Sunday.

It's definitely not just you. Here's an old topic from 2019:

On 19/10/2021 at 11:48 PM, ShadowReplicant said:

It's definitely not just you. Here's an old topic from 2019:

Guess it's something that just randomly affects random people's profiles occasionally or something. Wonder if there was a little blip on Sony's servers or something earlier, would explain why my trophy number didn't go up when it was supposed to, and maybe the games in my profile decreased around the same time (not sure, only checked a little while ago). I've had my profile corrupt itself on PS4 before a few years ago (NP-32091-5 error), forcing me to basically soft factory reset it, so stuff like this has always made me a bit paranoid now, concerned it may happen again.

But I've had other issues with the "games" section before, as I said, like new games not getting added occasionally, even before my profile corrupted itself. It just seems kinda buggy in general.

Edit: Literally a minute after posting this, I got error NW-31201-7 when I went to check my trophies. Didn't happen when I backed out and checked again, but something definitely seems to be up right now.

Edit 2: As of April 27th 2022, my "games" seems to have regained 16 games out of no where, and looking back at this topic, it seems it was 16 I originally lost, so... Yay that they're back I guess? Still don't really understand it but whatever.

Edited by MercilessWaffle
  • Like 1