When do the aliens not respawn in Exinction?

pmhcowboys

I am going for the Trash Picker trophy (scavenge 40 items) in Extinction. I read somewhere that at some point if you don't drill the aliens won't respawn. I know this is true because when playing with others there were points when we waiting 2 or 3 minutes (with no aliens) until we were all healed and loaded up.

- When does this period without aliens occur?

- Can the drill sit on the ground or do I have to be running around just holding it?

Any help with this question would be awesome, THANKS

The aliens don't respawn after you kill barrier hives. You can use this time to search for whatever and build a stash of propane tanks. You probably won't get to 40 until you get to the cabin.

The drill can sit where ever you want until you're ready to start the next area.

• Like 1

As Rowdi said, it's after destroying the barrier hives. The drill has nothing to do with it.

There are 3 main sections to Extinction:

1. The "Hotel" is where you start and end the game; the aliens start spawning as soon as you set the drill on the first hive (after the helicopter takes off).
  2. The "City" is after destroying the first barrier hive (the first hive you don't use the drill on - where the helicopter comes in for support). You will have all the time you want to search both areas for pick-ups after this is destroyed. The aliens will not spawn here until you plant the drill on one of the hives in this new area.
  3. The "Farm" is after destroying the 2nd barrier hive (helicopter comes for support again). After the barrier hive is destroyed, you continue through an alley behind it to the Farm. Once you arrive here, you have all the time you need to search the area for trash. The aliens will not spawn until you plant the drill on one of the hives in this area.

Some other useful information:

• You have roughly 1 minute to regroup, search, etc (where aliens will not spawn) after drilling each hive.
  • Use propane tanks, SOFLAM, Grenades on the barrier hives to speed up the process of destroying them.
  • Turrets are your best friend when upgraded.
  • When going for an escape with a relic, the "No Class" seemed to be the easiest... this forces you to upgrade all your other abilities, like Turrets, much sooner :)
  • Like 2