Insurgency: Sandstorm PS5 Crashes?

Haven’t gotten a chance to play this on the PS4. But is the PS5 version (via digital backwards compatibility) unplayable for anyone else? I get crashes almost every other game sometimes at the very second of loading into a game. Models also have very wonky load times and textures but I can live with that. 

Is this a problem on the PS4 version as well or can I play it on last gen with little issues?

I wouldn't say it's unplayable on the PS5, but it is a bloody technical mess across all platforms not just PlayStation. I too get multiple crashes even as soon as a round begins. 

According to voice chat during Co-Op the crashes are as prevalent on PS4 as well. It is a shame that the game has numerous technical issues because it is a fantastic game. They definitely should have delayed it till next year to coincide with the PS5 release. However, even that would not be enough since a lot issues still have not been fixed despite being out for around a year on PC.

• Like 1

I may have found a temporary "fix" to the consistent crashes on PS5. I set my region preference to include all regions and the crashes don't happen as frequently as they used to. I tested this by only having my local region (North America) selected and the game crashed a few times after a single round. This could very well be coincidental though.