Warning: unlock the 2000km trophy before the 6000km one

The trophies only pop when your progress is saved; in Rally, this means finishing the rally, and in Treasure Hunt (the ideal mode to AFK distance in), this means collecting a treasure. Triggering an autosave by adjusting the Options doesn't work.

I'm doing the NA stack now (just finished prepping EU) and decided to idle >6000km in one go. As a result, I got the '6000km in a car' trophy but not the 2000km one.

Not a huge deal since you can just delete your save and redo it, but it's a minor inconvenience and gives you weird timestamps if you care about that sorta thing.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 8.11.2021 at 7:22 PM, hore said:

I'm doing the NA stack now (just finished prepping EU) and decided to idle >6000km in one go. As a result, I got the '6000km in a car' trophy but not the 2000km one.

can I ask how you idled the km's? is there a way to use a turbo or rubberband?

On 6/15/2022 at 8:11 AM, banlieue8952 said:

can I ask how you idled the km's? is there a way to use a turbo or rubberband?

I used a macro (cronus), but it essentially did the same thing as a rubber band - just without wearing down the analog sticks.

The terrain sucks and can easily flip you over if you drive too fast, which will void all your progress since afaik you can't reset your car. So the macro was also helpful in limiting the throttle

• Like 1

12 hours ago, hore said:

I used a macro (cronus), but it essentially did the same thing as a rubber band - just without wearing down the analog sticks.

The terrain sucks and can easily flip you over if you drive too fast, which will void all your progress since afaik you can't reset your car. So the macro was also helpful in limiting the throttle

ok, thanks! I don't have that, need to test something else. maps are limited and you can easily flip, like you said. I forgot to ask, it has to be multiplayer right?

1 hour ago, banlieue8952 said:

ok, thanks! I don't have that, need to test something else. maps are limited and you can easily flip, like you said. I forgot to ask, it has to be multiplayer right?

I read somewhere that local MP (offline splitscreen) counts too, but didn't test it myself.

This program is not very user friendly, but could suit your needs: https://github.com/komefai/PS4Macro 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hore said:

I read somewhere that local MP (offline splitscreen) counts too, but didn't test it myself.

This program is not very user friendly, but could suit your needs: https://github.com/komefai/PS4Macro 

thank you. I'm going to take a look at it. I heard about that, but never tested it. I think driving around in circles with rubberband is risky since the uneven ground can change your course. Need to figure out what the best way is. thank, appreciate your help.

• Like 1

On 19/06/2022 at 0:44 AM, banlieue8952 said:

thank you. I'm going to take a look at it. I heard about that, but never tested it. I think driving around in circles with rubberband is risky since the uneven ground can change your course. Need to figure out what the best way is. thank, appreciate your help.

I can say I am currently attempting this and I have noted that when doing local MP, it resets to 0 if the game resets. I'm unclear if 10000km multiplayer can be achieved locally either

For the 'The Bolivan' trophy, I have received it on patch 1.00 but I couldn't get the other Bolivian trophies with it. Also on patch 1.00, when the game restarted I had all collectibles reset to 0. This became frustrating especially when the game would crash on the 2nd stage 

On 20.6.2022 at 4:54 AM, Natopotato_52 said:

I can say I am currently attempting this and I have noted that when doing local MP, it resets to 0 if the game resets. I'm unclear if 10000km multiplayer can be achieved locally either

For the 'The Bolivan' trophy, I have received it on patch 1.00 but I couldn't get the other Bolivian trophies with it. Also on patch 1.00, when the game restarted I had all collectibles reset to 0. This became frustrating especially when the game would crash on the 2nd stage 

great, I ordered the US disc to get these trophies out of the way ☹️ is it possible to play treasure hunter offline? In case of trouble I delete the progress and don't touch the game anymore.

2 hours ago, banlieue8952 said:

great, I ordered the US disc to get these trophies out of the way 2639.png is it possible to play treasure hunter offline? In case of trouble I delete the progress and don't touch the game anymore.

I've played treasure hunter offline as there is no one online to play with. This is how I got the 'The Bolivan' trophy, as I just played a full session on 3 stages taking a few hours as 200+ kms are travelled each stage to then spent a fair bit of time looking for the collectibles.

I have played the EU version and tried playing it all on 1.00. I hit roadblocks and went to updated version where all trophies are looked to be earnt with more ease. This will then have me redownload the 1.00 version and do a hard session getting all collectibles starting with stage 2, to hopefully bypass the crash. 

52 minutes ago, Natopotato_52 said:

I've played treasure hunter offline as there is no one online to play with. This is how I got the 'The Bolivan' trophy, as I just played a full session on 3 stages taking a few hours as 200+ kms are travelled each stage to then spent a fair bit of time looking for the collectibles.

I have played the EU version and tried playing it all on 1.00. I hit roadblocks and went to updated version where all trophies are looked to be earnt with more ease. This will then have me redownload the 1.00 version and do a hard session getting all collectibles starting with stage 2, to hopefully bypass the crash. 

I assume we need to collect all artifacts with v1.0 because of the buggy one. well, let's hope it works. the rest can be done with the patched game. Is the savegame compatible between the v1.0 and later the patched one?

8 hours ago, banlieue8952 said:

I assume we need to collect all artifacts with v1.0 because of the buggy one. well, let's hope it works. the rest can be done with the patched game. Is the savegame compatible between the v1.0 and later the patched one?

The game saves when updating the game, but the treasure hunt is needed to be performed twice as the Bolivian stage trophies for certain collectibles did not pop. They should pop since they are part of all collectibles, but they didn't. 

For treasure hunt, a complete Dakar series is needed to be completed to have access to all stages for the treasure hunt. However I used a truck on competitor mode but was stuck on stage 12. This had a zone where I had no control, crash the truck when a time stamp was needed. This had an expulsion penalty and had to restart the stage. It occurred right at the end of the stage too. Unsure if this only occurred when using the truck

On 22.6.2022 at 0:37 AM, Natopotato_52 said:

The game saves when updating the game, but the treasure hunt is needed to be performed twice as the Bolivian stage trophies for certain collectibles did not pop. They should pop since they are part of all collectibles, but they didn't. 

For treasure hunt, a complete Dakar series is needed to be completed to have access to all stages for the treasure hunt. However I used a truck on competitor mode but was stuck on stage 12. This had a zone where I had no control, crash the truck when a time stamp was needed. This had an expulsion penalty and had to restart the stage. It occurred right at the end of the stage too. Unsure if this only occurred when using the truck

When I open the game and click on treasure hunt, every stage is accessible. Are there no collectibles to pick directly (before doing the series) or why is that already unlocked?

I thought to do the treasure trophies offline with disc and then delete the savefile and starting over with a fresh patched game. this game sounds like a lot of pain to do.

9 hours ago, banlieue8952 said:

When I open the game and click on treasure hunt, every stage is accessible. Are there no collectibles to pick directly (before doing the series) or why is that already unlocked?

I thought to do the treasure trophies offline with disc and then delete the savefile and starting over with a fresh patched game. this game sounds like a lot of pain to do.

Well when I went to treasure hunt I could only access the stages completed in career mode, In version 1.00

The treasure hunt will reset for each career file. So if you have a truck for the career, you'll play as a truck on treasure hunt. If I then create a bike file, the treasure hunt resets collectibles. Switching back to a truck will then have all collectibles saved that were found with the truck. 

All stages were available with the bike file though, with no career stages completed 

This was done in the updated patch. 

• 2 weeks later...

alright, I popped both unobtainable trophies. I received the US disc first, so I used a blank account and installed it without a patch. in case the game is absolute unplayable or the trophies just glitch I could just delete it. now, after racing the whole thing in rookie diff, I was doing the artifacts at the same time. playing the v1.0 means you need to unlock the treasure hunt by completing dakar mode. after a lot of painful hours..... really painful hours... I was able to complete dakar mode, even when the game was running like trash and almost crashing towards the end of the mode. I was able to find all treasures after 20 hours of searching the locations, because the marked spots on the map are just wrong. really wrong. there are some guides, but you still need to search for the right spot. not shown in all videos. and even then, treasures appear random and really hard to find.

here comes the other side, while unlocking the buggy trophies, the other ones (like finding the mask, supays or whatever) DIDN'T unlock during the time. I need to redo the whole trash again. but this time I hope the patched version runs smoother.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Ok, looks like this topic is dead, but i tell how to boost kilometers a lil easier. Maybe it will be helpful for someone for time savings. The trick is - treasure hunt, every piece of treasure saving your progress. Maximum 4 per track. There is some bug in km count, so for getting both 2000 and 6000 you need to reach 1500km in one row, then pick 1st treasure, game will save, then, when you pick 2nd one, the game will save again and it will add +1500km to progress and 2000trophy wil pop, then u have to pick 3rd one, it will give another +1500km and 4rd will give u last +1500km = overall 6000km. Tested yesterday, EU version, 2.01, on PS5. Best track for that in my opinion is Stage 7, there is a big saline (salt-marsh) field, so you can easily boost km there.

• Like 2