Yeti's Adventure for Greater Wealth

WealthierYeti577

guitar-header_zps7cb470bb.jpg

I'm beginning a new "legacy" here.  Yeti here, from Ontario, Canada. I'm into all sorts of different games, not really biased towards one genre or another though, if I had to pick one I'd have to go with Shooters or Driving games.  Switched over from Microsoft/Xbox to Sony/Playstation at the release of the PS4 (which I own, I think that goes without saying here though).  I work full-time overnights during the week and try and get out as much as I can on the weekends. I also play in a band, so free-time to play is sometimes hard to come by.

With the release/purchase of the PS4, I retired my old PSN account to start fresh. Main reason being: I never OWNED a PS3 -- mostly played it at friends until my dad bought one and occasionally played that. Also, I had a lot of 0% games that I'd rented/borrowed/played at friends' and most of those games I'd never see again anyhow. Thus, influencing my decision to start fresh. So here goes...

guitar-header2_zps171cfc5b.jpg

PlatinumGuitar_zpsd526d19b.jpgPlatinum: 3

GoldGuitar_zps3d0f86ea.jpgGold: 18

SilverGuitar_zps826d4dd6.jpgSilver: 61

Bronze_zps0889c8ce.jpgBronze: 188

guitar-header3_zps40b10e50.jpg

Trophy: :silver: 11S1d19b5.png
       Dunn's Pride (Battlefield 4)
       Obtain 7 000 points in the Baku mission in the Campaign    
Earned: November 15th, 2013 - 10:03:31am

Plat:  :platinum: 1Sf5412a.png

Resogun

I came, I saw, I blew stuff up

Earned: January 7th, 2014 - 11:16:36am

Base Game 100%: Contrast

Earned: January 3rd, 2014 - 7:56:47pm

guitar-header4_zps3991d20b.jpg

Most Recent Plat:    :platinum:  1S191f10.png

Notable Achievemnet (iNFAMOUS: First Light)

Collect all trophies

Earned: February 10th, 2015 - 11:50:41pm

L53dd8c.png

Battlefield 4 (DLC)

55 of 68 trophies (81%)

:platinum: 1   :gold: 3   :silver: 19   :bronze: 35

L3c615c.png      

MADDEN 25

33 of 41 trophies (71%)

:platinum: 0  :gold: 1  :silver: 10  :bronze: 22

La18a87.png

LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES

18 of 46 trophies (40%)

:platinum: 0   :gold: 0  :silver: 1   :bronze: 24 

Ldd4530.png

NEED FOR SPEED: RIVALS

8 of 26 trophies (26%)

:platinum: 0  :gold: 1  :silver: 4  :bronze: 4 

Lee2750.png

Destiny

14 of 42 trophies (21%)

:platinum: 0    :gold: 0    :silver: 0    :bronze: 14 

Lc77e3e.png

Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition

10 of 41 trophies (26%)

:platinum: 0   :gold: 0   :silver: 0   :bronze: 10 

L765e87.png

DON'T STARVE: CONSOLE EDITION

2 of 10 trophies (9%)

:gold: 0  :silver: 0  :bronze: 2

Le47b38.png

Assassin's Creed: Unity

4 of 58 trophies (4%)

:platinum: 0    :gold: 0    :silver: 0    :bronze: 4 

guitar-header5_zpsf8490094.jpg

L84938f.png

CONTRAST

Total Playtime: ~3-4 hours

Final Thoughts: Originally, I was a little bit skeptical when I had seen this game in the PlayStation Store.  I watched the trailer, still wasn't overly turned onto it, even though it was free to PS+ members.  Given that it's on this list, I obviously changed my mind and downloaded this game and I'm actually REALLY glad that I did.  This game is a trip.  Essentially "phasing" in and out of the light to use the shadows to get you to places that are otherwise accessible is quite the concept.  It's a short game, the only reason it took me as long as it did was A: I passed by a few of the collectibles and B: There is an apparently well-known glitch in the last level that I was "lucky" enough to get stuck in.  Other than that it was fun, an easy 100% and the collectibles (which, in most games can be a pain to find and cause people like me to give up looking for them) mostly lay out in plain sight.  

Lc7a599.png

RESOGUN

Total Playtime: ~20 hours

Final Thoughts: I'm a little impressed at myself for platting this (don't mean to toot my own horn). A few friends had recommended the game to me when I first got my PS4 (mainly because I was bitching about lack of games at the time) and I went and downloaded it almost immediately. The first time I played it, I had no idea that they incorporated the speaker on the controller into the game so that was a bit of a trip. Was really helpful to have, so props to development for that addition. Otherwise, quite an addicting little arcade shooter. Some of the trophies were a bit of a pain (Masterful dodger of revenge bullets and stuff alike, to name one) and the veteran difficulty was pleasantly challenging. I'm likely still going to play this from time to time, because it is a really fun game. My playtime is a little bit high, in the count I included playing co-op/helping out other people with some of their trophies as I did this before I finished plat myself. 

L53dd8c.png

BATTLEFIELD 4

Total Playtime: ~12 hours single player/25 hours multi-player (to plat, will continue I'm sure..)

Final Thoughts: Originally, I'd thought this was going to be my first plat, haha. I've always been a fan of the Battlefield series, all the way back to Battlefield 1942 for PC.  This game was no exception.  Personally, I really enjoyed both aspects of the game (Multi-player and Single player).  The quest-line was pleasantly short, and challenging enough to keep me interested without getting too frustrated. As far as the online aspect, I've always been a pretty big scrub when it comes to online shooters and even in this game I'm "average" on my best days.  That being said the grind to get the M1911 was a little tedious and I spent roughly 7 or 8 hours alone on that. As frustrating as the online can be, I know I'll be back playing to finish up the DLC and the upcoming DLC. See ya on the battlefield. ;)

L7f0de7.png

inFAMOUS: First Light

Total Playtime: ~5-6 hours

Final Thoughts: This game was mediocre, I guess it was half-decent for a PS+ Game.  I had fun with it, while it lasted. I thought the story was pretty short and the Battle Arenas were a bit of a pain in the ass (of course, until I realized the importance of upgrading my abilities and stuff. Haha.)  All in all, it's another plat on the wall I guess.. Not something I'll be going back to any time soon though.

Ld3a634.png

The Swapper

Total Playtime: ~2 hours (Once I found out what to do.. Thanks Jamm!)

Final Thoughts: I spent a bunch of my time running around collecting orbs, thinking that was what I had to do to unlock trophies.  Wasn't the worst thing I guess, just a bit of wasted time as I passed by 3 or 4 of the trophies by the time I realized what I was supposed to do.  Again, another short & pointless game.. Trophies are trophies.  The concept of the game was kinda cool, but I'm terrible at puzzle-type games and shit, so that lead to some frustration.. Thanks google. :)

AlexisonfireThanks_zps0629bb5c.jpg

Special thanks to:

Jamm6512

MadScotsGuy

snoman_rjk23

Edited by WealthierYeti577

I really like those custom banners they all look pretty cool ;) You should really try getting the resogun platinum, it isn´t supposed to be that hard. So hey good luck with your trophy hunting!  :)

btw:You mentioned you play in a band and that last photo looks pretty awesome too. So I was just wondering what´s your band called might be worth checking out (you´re a rock band right?) ^_^

• Like 1

I really like those custom banners they all look pretty cool ;) You should really try getting the resogun platinum, it isn´t supposed to be that hard. So hey good luck with your trophy hunting!  :)

btw:You mentioned you play in a band and that last photo looks pretty awesome too. So I was just wondering what´s your band called might be worth checking out (you´re a rock band right?) ^_^

Thanks dude! I'm working on Resogun currently, Veteran is a bit of a challenge on solo.

And yeah! I play in a band called 'Catalysts'. There is a link in my forum signature!

We're more of a melodic-hardcore band, if that tickles your fancy. :)

Good looking list!

Checked out your band and it's cool to see someone with similar taste in music as me! :D

Like your band, pretty cool stuff. I'm starting up my own band as well, I'd send you a link, but we haven't gotten to record anything or dedicate too much time due to us all busy with school work and our guitarist has been in Poland for our winter break.

Best of luck with Catalysts and trophy hunting haha.

Good looking list!

Checked out your band and it's cool to see someone with similar taste in music as me! :D

Like your band, pretty cool stuff. I'm starting up my own band as well, I'd send you a link, but we haven't gotten to record anything or dedicate too much time due to us all busy with school work and our guitarist has been in Poland for our winter break.

Best of luck with Catalysts and trophy hunting haha.

Thanks you for such kind words, dude!

Yeah, it seems as though our taste in music is hard to come by across most people.

Let me know when you guys get some stuff recorded and I'd definitely be down to check you guys out. :D