Closed.

This is the first time I try to make an Event, so if you have any suggestions, I am open, any cooperation will be recognized in this same post, I have been participating in a few events and it gave me this itch to create one for an entire YEAR. The only difference is I will try to make it to have some variation, not only one genre, not only one topic, MULTIPLE topics per month, I will try to explain myself as much as possible, bare in mind, english is not my first language so sometimes I have a difficult time with grammar and stuff like that. I did copy some format of other events so I can write over it and cover every question people might have, so yeah, if you read something that looks familiar, it probably is.

Purpose

2022 is coming and so every month is different, every month focus on some kind of events, and so I thought it would be great to try and represent the year with a full event.

Who can join?

1) No cheating! Flagged accounts will not be accepted.

2) Accounts with 50+ forum posts or 20+ platinums prior to 01/01/2022. Want to encourage active participation throughout the event.

Eligible Games: Any game with trophies are eligible for the event, but since this is an entire year event, I don't want to make everyone spend time only in games of this event... there will be a few exceptions. I am going to use the time limit rule, which is that only games can only count if the 50th fastest completion time is greater than 5 hours.

Why this rule? Well I don't want this event to be full of terrible 99% games, this is meant to be at least a little bit challenging.

Why even give a chance to have 10 games like that then? Well, you'll see.

How This Works:

The main gimmick of this one is that every month is a different "topic" and since is 2022..... you have to do 2 platinums of the list of my recomendation( I will recommend 5 each month) for that month and 2 of your own choice as long as it fits in someway to the topic of that month, you can change the game any time you which, since new games will be coming, maybe you'll want to change a game for a new release or stuff like that.  (If by any chance you have every game in the recommended list for that certain month, congrats, that means you already achieved 2 games for that month without even trying lol.) So just to be clear, you at the end will do 4 platinums for each month, 2 of your choice and 2 of the list of recommendation.

So in order to "complete the event" you will need to end with 48 platinums.... (that's why I am permiting at 10 easy games).

I'll try to recommend only ps4 games, but you can add psvita, ps3 and ps5.

BTW, if you want to pick games for your 4 games of the recommended it will count as 2 for the recommended and 2 of your choice, so don't worry too much about it.

So wait... do I need to do 4 platinums of the topic of January in that month?   No, you can do all 48 platinums in one month if that's what you want, you don't have to play in any order or anything like that. This is just a way to "play the topic of every month in the entire year".

"Isn't that a lot? of games 48?" Yes, but it is based on an entire year, I have seen events with half of the platinums in a quarter of the time, it is hard, but that's the point isn't? Also that's why there is a 10 games exception.

What games count?

1) I do not want to police what any individual may consider or remind them of Halloween. I do encourage thematically appropriate games, but a reasonable explanation of how the game fits is expected, at least before you try it and after you accomplish it. This may assist other participants find games they may enjoy.

2) You can use games already in progress as long as the main trophy least (without DLC) is less than 40%. The base game cannot be completed prior to including on the list of this event. Games will only count when they reach 100% completion not including DLC, meaning you only need to do the Platinum or main 100%, not the DLC.

3) Game does not need to have a Platinum trophy. 100% games count too!. Rule 2 also applies to non-platinum games.

4) No stacks. The same game cannot be used twice during this event. If you have completed a game prior to the event and want to stack it for the event, this is okay.

5) The big limiting rule: Game can only count if the 50th fastest completion time is greater than 5 hours. For example: SOMA. Its 50th fastest completion time on the NA stack is 4 hours, 9 minutes. It would not count for this event. Resident Evil 2 would count as its 50th fastest completion time is 1 day, 21 hours. The primary reason for this rule is to encourage discussion of the games being played. Nothing against short games, in general. Just do not count towards this event, unless you are using it as one of your 10 games exception.

Month Topics and Game recommendations.

JANUARY: The First month of the year. Because is the First month the year the topic will be surrounded on FIRSTS. Meaning, only original and first games count (remakes or remasters count as long as is on the first). So, NO Mortal Kombat X, NO, Persona 5, Nothing like that.  Bloodborne, Judgement and games that may or may not be in the same universe of a franchise do count, as long as is the first, (no, Battlefield 1 does not count).

Recommended games :

1. Yakuza Kiwami
  2. Spyro The Dragon
  3. Jurassic World Evolution
  4. Beholder
  5. Mafia

FEBRUARY: The month of Love. Very Obvious topic, as long as there is a love or romance topic in the game is all good.

Recommended games:

1. A Fold Apart
  2. Maquette
  3. Catherine Full Body (either version counts)
  4. My Memory Of Us
  5. Kitty Powers Matchmaker

MARCH: Women's History Month.  Simple games that you play as a Woman.

Recommended games:

1. Horizon Zero Dawn
  2. Life is Strange
  3. Mirror's Edge: Catalyst
  4. Shadow of the Tomb Raider
  5. Last of us 2

APRIL:  April Fools month. So for this I decided that the topic is about funny games/ comedy.

Recommended games:

1. Deadpool
  2. Jazzpunk
  3. Psychonauts
  4. The Darkside Detective
  5. Trover Saves the Universe

MAY: May the 4th be with you. It can be any space game or space theme game, not just Star Wars.

Recommended games:

1. Rebel Galaxy
  2. No man's Sky
  3. Everspace Stellar
  4. Star Wars: Squadrons
  5. Outer Wilds

JUNE: Father month Father's day is celebrated this month, so the topic is going to be, playing with a father figure.

Recommended games:

1. God of War (2018)
  2. Heavy Rain
  3. Octodad
  4. Dishonored
  5. Bioshock

JULY USA month. I tried thinking of something else, but I think it can be funny to play games that are very USA patriotic, either ironically or legit.

Recommended games:

1. Metal Wolf Chaos  X D
  2. Fallout 4
  3. Bioshock Infinite
  4. BroForce
  5. XIII

AUGUST Animal month. Since there is nothing really big happening in this month, I noticed that a lot of days of bus, dogs and cat are kinda "celebrated". Games that you play as an animal or bug (monster taming games do count).

Recommended games:

1. Maneater
  2. Untitled Goose Game
  3. Lost Ember
  4. Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom
  5. Night in the Woods

SEPTEMBER Peace month.  Easy to explain, any game that doesn't go into violence, no punches, no killing or stuff like that.

Recommended games:

1. The Witness
  2. Everybody's Golf
  3. Cities: Skylines
  4. The Talos Principle
  5. Bridge Constructor

OCTOBER Halloween month.  This month is all about Horror games and Halloween topics, for that we can understand games that have Halloween as the name of as parte of the game (like Costume Quest or Savage Halloween) and characters that have characters of Halloween. I won't accept all the bending of the rules of "Nexomon is a monster game so it is Halloween" or "Avengers are a bunch of dudes with costumes" NO, horror or halloween themes, come on, there are a lot of nonhorror games that still fits the bill.

Recommended games:

1. Pathologic 2
  2. Pumpkin Jack
  3. Sweet Witches
  4. Lust of Darkness
  5. Visage

NOVEMBER.  Sad month. When I think November I think of sad songs and movies with the month in the title or lyrics, also Black Friday.... but still, so for this we have to pick something in the sadness topic, either the main character is sad, the world is sad or something like that.

Recommended Games:

1. Gris
  2. Life is strange 2
  3. Last day of June.
  4. Last Guardian
  5. This War of mine

December. Holiday month. For me that's Xmas, some might have Kwanza or I don't know, something similar to that, so the topic is Holiday games. Since there is very little games based on this kind of Holidays, there will be a more open aproach to this one, every game that has a Holiday event or level qualifies.

1. Spiderman Miles Morales
  2. Cthulhu Saves Christmas!
  3. Santa's Xmas Adventure
  4. Bully
  5. Hitman Blood Money

How do I join?

1) In order to join, you just have to say you want in, and maybe pick at least 12 games (1 for every month), at the end of the day you can change it, I just want some kind of participation, also just as a not, post the games you want to get listed before the attempt just to have some sort of control here.

2) For those listed games, please include a quick statement as to why you feel it fits the theme.

Rewards

Nothing planned just yet, I am not a badge maker myself I can try to make one, but it will be ugly or someone can jump in and help me with that if they want, we can decide this later

Important Dates:

Starting: 01/01/2022

Event ends 31/12/2022.

Edited by MAUSZX