[Suggestion] A way to get notified of new DLC content for your games

I have a few games that now and then get new trophies, e.g. Human fall flat and Zombie army 4. Since I don't play these games on a regular basis I don't have them installed so I usually find out that there are new DLCs out when I scroll through my profile and see that I no longer have 100% completion.

I wish there was a way to "subscribe" to games so that I can get a email or site notification that game X has an updated trophy list. Another way would be to add way to connect the list for new DLCs (https://psnprofiles.com/games/dlc) to your profile so that you only see DLCs related to games on your profile, similar to how the gaming sessions works.

Edited by chilly_schrimp
accidental repetition in the topic
  • Like 1

Yeah a notification of new dlcs added to a game you played would be a good idea. But relaying on the new dlc shown on the mainpage alone wouldn't be enough, Killing Floor 2 for example put up a lot of new trophies each on their own in dlc 1 or dlc 2 so they didn't show up on the main page. I only saw that when seeing the number of unobtained trophies i have increased by +1 (hardly by +2) and then i went through all games i don't have all trophies to see Killing Floor 2 and Zombie Army 4 being among them with new trophies added...

I like the idea of PSN and/or mobile app sending you notifications for whenever new DLC gets added to games you’ve already played. The same way they notify you when a game on your wishlist goes on sale. This would really be handy especially if you’re not always up-to-date with gaming news or scroll down your trophy list often.

You can just turn off the notifications too if you’re not that bothered by dlcs and 100% completion!

Edited by sharkyaya
added text

It's a great idea, but would likely need to be a Sony-side thing, rather than a PSNProfiles thing, as PSNProfiles would only likely be able to do it effectively for additional trophies - it wouldn't necessarily know if DLC came out that didn't have trophies associated with it.

Edited by DrBloodmoney

34 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

It's a great idea, but would likely need to be a Sony-side thing, rather than a PSNProfiles thing, as PSNProfiles would only likely be able to do it effectively for additional trophies - it wouldn't necessarily know if DLC came out that didn't have trophies associated with it.

I would like to see Sony add some stuff like this in the store and/or system notification where you can activate notifications for certain games.

The only reason I thought of this was because I saw the section "New trophy lists" on the front page.

• Like 1