Good idea, really poor execution

Rejim

Watching the sales in the store, as always, and my eye caught this one, watched the trailer real quick and thought was a really nice and original idea for a game.

True, it is simple, but somewhat of a puzzle in its own kind. Started with the first levels, got through them without too much hassle (guess because of the more simplistic and obvious items), but then it just went downhill....I mean you'll be lost for eternity without a guide, which is a bad sign for this kind of game. You have to literally guess what the item could be, from everything and anything possible, which makes no sense. Moreover, at some point you need to find the item in the negative space of what you are looking (not the pieces themselves but the blank space) and there is no indication or tutorial about this one....I mean how the fuck should I know.

And there is zero correlation between the item itself and the surroundings (which just repeat themselves after a couple), or even anything that could somehow help you (yes, hints are there, but the game itself is pointless if to succeed you need to spam the hint button). But what brings stupidity to another level is that after each chapter, there is a little story and a picture, where the items you found are appearing. Just put this picture before those levels! It would make a great difference and be of great help to actually play it as intended.

There were some nice interesting approaches to be fair, like the water levels (although on mine it didn't keep track of which level I was at), the red/blue versions, and the ones with multitude of parts trying to get which go together, just weren't enjoyable for said reasons above.

I know it's an indie game, and a pointless rant at so, more so for the price I paid, but still. A shame that for x reasons the game came up short on many levels...

Edited by Rejim
Missing words
  • Like 3

• 6 months later...