Optional conversations chapter 4 advice/hala tokens

Super_Mep

Hey guys I figured I'd chime in on chapter 4 optional conversations here. I was certain the conversation I missed was the one with the monkeys after getting the queen ruby (once you have all 11 hala tokens).

I kept restarting the chapter, trying it different ways but it always ended up that I could press triangle to look at the monkeys and no optional conversation appeared. I even uninstalled the game and reverted back to 1.0 and tried again no luck.

I gave up and started working on the get to chapter 5 without shooting anyone trophy (way of the warrior). I got to chapter 4 and was going about my business to progress to chapter 5 and alas the optional conversation I actually missed was the one in front of the trident fortress!!

So basically I believe in my humble opinion that if you think you're missing the monkey conversation and it will not trigger for the life of you try getting the other ones in the chapter it could be that simple. Hope this helps someone as I couldn't find good info online about this issue.

• 2 months later...
On 12/4/2021 at 5:43 PM, Super_Mep said:

Hey guys I figured I'd chime in on chapter 4 optional conversations here. I was certain the conversation I missed was the one with the monkeys after getting the queen ruby (once you have all 11 hala tokens).

I kept restarting the chapter, trying it different ways but it always ended up that I could press triangle to look at the monkeys and no optional conversation appeared. I even uninstalled the game and reverted back to 1.0 and tried again no luck.

I gave up and started working on the get to chapter 5 without shooting anyone trophy (way of the warrior). I got to chapter 4 and was going about my business to progress to chapter 5 and alas the optional conversation I actually missed was the one in front of the trident fortress!!

So basically I believe in my humble opinion that if you think you're missing the monkey conversation and it will not trigger for the life of you try getting the other ones in the chapter it could be that simple. Hope this helps someone as I couldn't find good info online about this issue.

The monkey conversation becomes bugged on successive playthroughs once you get the Queens Ruby, at least that's what it seems like to me.  I got it to trigger on my first playthrough just fine, but any playthrough I carried over treasures and the ruby over on it wouldn't trigger.  The Axe temple conversation bugs out very similarly too, possibly because of the nearby treasure.

That also applies to starting the chapter over because treasures and the ruby stay unlocked as far as I remember.  I believe it might be an issue with the part where you obtain the ruby.  I'll be doing some testing on the PS5 version this week, since it effects that version too. 

I believe I was able to trigger it a second time with a save where I didn't carry over treasures, stats, and the ruby.  I just started a playthrough that way and intend to see if I can get it to trigger this time.  

Yeah I agree, I definitely think it has to do with already having the queen ruby unlocked. If I remember correctly a small cut scene plays when you get it and that's probably why everything else in that area is bugged out.

You can however still get the photo opportunity there with no issues. Which is good haha.

On 2/7/2022 at 5:49 AM, Super_Mep said:

Yeah I agree, I definitely think it has to do with already having the queen ruby unlocked. If I remember correctly a small cut scene plays when you get it and that's probably why everything else in that area is bugged out.

You can however still get the photo opportunity there with no issues. Which is good haha.

Yep, just got done testing it and upon resetting treasures/stats/QR it does trigger just fine.  The cutscene must be the trigger for Nadine to have her dialogue, because she freezes in place if you carry over and then aquire and place the 11 tokens.  Only way to get her to move is restarting the checkpoint, but it's still bugged after that.

The axe tower conversation works fine if you reset stats too. The one thing I did not try is going to the axe door before acquiring all 11 tokens on my playthrough where I carried over stats/treasures though.  It was after, but before inserting the coins, so having drove by there earlier might've did something to break it too.  Not sure on that one.

Edited by Snake2410

On 2/10/2022 at 6:03 AM, Super_Mep said:

@Snake2410

I suppose with all that being said it's possible you could get the queen ruby and miss the optional conversation thus bugging it out. Which means you'd have to start fresh without the queen ruby to get it. Might be worth adding a note to the guide. I'll tag the guide writer.

@MECHnation

Now that I don't for sure know, because I have read elsewhere that those that missed it were able to trigger it in another run-through.  But I don't know if the ones that did had done that before one of the patches that may have bugged it, or if they just reset stats on that playthrough.  Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to test that theory, plus I'd have to completely delete my saves for LL and disable save auto upload.

It's still worth them noting in the guide though, just in case.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Snake2410 said:

Now that I don't for sure know, because I have read elsewhere that those that missed it were able to trigger it in another run-through.  But I don't know if the ones that did had done that before one of the patches that may have bugged it, or if they just reset stats on that playthrough.  Unfortunately I don't have the time right now to test that theory, plus I'd have to completely delete my saves for LL and disable save auto upload.

It's still worth them noting in the guide though, just in case.

Definitely worth a note. I also don't want to test the theory. I collected those Hala tokens more times than I want to admit and I don't think I could suffer through it another time haha

Edited by Super_Mep
Typo
  • Like 1