A Thorough Salutations

Kareokepandas

Most of my earliest memories involve video games. At the age of two I had run into a SNES display at a Target with Yoshi's Island, and I immediately fell in love. My dad got my older sister a SNES with Super Mario World and Yoshi's Island for her birthday later that year, and it didn't take long for my grandmother and sister to realize that they had to take up the hobby in order to connect with me.

Once I started getting into games beyond platformers, it was over. Twice a year we would go to my cousin's on holidays, and I would just play Dragon Warrior on her NES while everyone else socialized. Many years after that pattern started, I had finally gotten two RPGs of my own at about the same time. The Legend of Dragoon and Super Mario RPG really shaped my tastes as I was coming into the double digits, and it didn't take long for me to get into the Final Fantasy series with entries 8-10 and Dawn of Souls. That said, I still enjoy the occasional platformer and some more difficult, high skill ceiling games like the DMC series. It seems that mechanics, level design, and numbers are my main draws to games.

Back when I got my PS3 I never thought I would be going out of my way for trophies or Platinums too often, though the idea always interested me. After 12 years or so I had finally gotten my first Platinum, and it felt so good that I started trying to get a few here and there. With a backlog of a couple hundred games and an injury preventing me from working, I recently decided to use Platinums as an incentive to finally play most of them and free up space on my HDD. Not too long after that I joined PSNP to further incentivize me, and the tools and statistics it provides have blown me away. This past week I've become completely hooked, at least for now, and I've gone from lazily earning trophies here and there to getting Platinums at a rate that I never thought I could do.

In short, I've adored games my whole life, and trophy hunting has helped reinvigorate the lifestyle for me. Even if I burn out, I hope that I can keep coming back to it time and again. If you read this wall of text, thank you.

• Like 1

Thanks.
With all of the recent remakes and remasters it's sad to see Sony continue to ignore The Legend of Dragoon. Square Enix's license to Parasite Eve ran out a long time ago, too, so I doubt we'll ever see that franchise again despite the producer saying he's very interested in keeping the property around.
I really don't have any friends that enjoy LoD or PS1 games, so having a PSN buddy that appreciates classics sounds good.

• 2 weeks later...