Info regarding DLCs and previous games maps activation

Doom

Hello everyone

I played all previous Hitman with a platinum trophy and skipped Hitman and Hitman 2.

Since Hitman 3 has a platinum I was looking into it, and noticed that both previous games are basically reintroduced as DLC in this sequel (well, the maps at the least, I don't know if the objectives and targets are the same). Something that also happened in Hitman 2 with Hitman 1.

It looks like if you already own the previous games, then you can play the DLC version of them in Hitman 3 with no additional cost, but what I really want to know is this:

If I buy "Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 2 Gold " and "Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 1 Goty Edition", will this be considered as owning the previous games?

I mean, if they ever release an Hitman 4 (with previous games as DLCs), would I then need to buy the passes for Hitman 1 and 2 again? Or will they give me the DLC maps for free?

Is there here anyone who bought the Hitman 1 pass in Hitman 2 that can say if they were able to play Hitman 1 maps in Hitman 3 without having to buy the pass again?

Edited by Doom

If you buy H1 GOTY and H2 GOLD you get full access to all the content that is available in H3 from these games. You can safely buy them. You're not owning the previous games when you buy the access passes. So with getting the H1 and/or H2 access pass wont give you the right to download the actual H1/H2 games. Those access passes are considered DLC. However if you own the actual games, you get the access for free.

If IOI will make a 4th Hitman, we can assume you will get another access pass if they choose so. But we don't know and speculating on something that might come in a couple of years makes no sense.