Cy1999aek_maik's Trophy Hunter Blog

cy1999aek_maik

Man, you played Borderlands 2 way beyond the platinum.

I got a bit obsessed with the game too, around 2016, when i got every character in OP leves, the only one who got to OP 8 was Salvador for obvious reasons.

I liked the new dlc, commander lilith, but the grind to level 80 and the two new OP levels hadn't the same "something" that hook me before. O maybe i just got tired.

Anyway, good luck with your list.

Edited by SuperPatchZ7
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, SuperPatchZ7 said:

Man, you played Borderlands 2 way beyond the platinum.

I got a bit obsessed with the game too, around 2016, when i got every character in OP leves, the only one who got to OP 8 was Salvador for obvious reasons.

I liked the new dlc, commander lilith, but the grind to level 80 and the two new OP levels hadn't the same "something" that hook me before. O maybe i just got tired.

Anyway, good luck with your list.

That's exactly how i felt.. That 'something' hasn't been replicated by the franchise for me and I kinda miss being obsessed with the game..All the grind also made me realise that the best part of the game is the first and second playthroughs with each character! After that it gets to grindy and a lot of the gear becomes obsolete..oh well, it was fun while it lasted

• 4 weeks later...

Update #2 (24/1/22)

Overall Completion Rate: 37.64% --> 38.56%

Completed Games: 32 --> 36

Platinums: 39 --> 41

Progress Update

Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection (PS3) 64% --> 100%

Jetpack Joyride (PS3) 71% --> 100%

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time (PS3) 15% --> 100%

Ultratron (PS3) 0% --> 100%

Overcooked 2 (PS4) 28% 

Dead by Daylight (PS4) 60%

Dead by Daylight Additional Chapters (PS4) 37%

It's been a while. I've now abondoned my PS3 and only have access to my PS4 but that will do nicely for a while. Looking back at my first update, it was very optimistic of me to think I'd be able to finish the whole Prince of Persia franchise. I'll settle for the 1 game I was able to complete though. 

The Dragon Ball game was a nice blast from the past and made me consider picking up Dragon Ball FighterZ, although I've resisted that urge so far. Jetpack Joyride was a huge grind but it was mostly enjoyable. Prince of Persia Sands of Time was honestly a disappointment. There are a lot of issues with the game which apparently are exclusive to the PS3 port. I was eager to start Warrior Within but thanks to missing 1 collectible I had to replay the whole game a second time so there was no chance for a different game. Ultratron was a cool indie game I had installed on my PS3. It became my fastest completed game at just under 12 hours.

Now I've set my sights on Dead By Daylight again. The game hooked me when I first played it in Novemeber and I couldn't wait to get back to my PS4 to play some more. The 2 trophy lists combined amount to 185 trophies with more on the way in March. The lists consist of a huge laundry list of specific actions and is a bit of a grind to be honest, but I don't mind it. I'm periodically purchasing the DLC characters needed for some of the trophies. I only need to be mindful of getting burned out on the game but that won't be an issue if I throw more games in the mix. I've purchased 3 months of PS Now, mainly to play Overcooked 2 with my girlfriend. It also gave me access to all of the god of war games, which I'll start completing, as I've only completed 1,2 and 4. If there's any PS Now games I should try out let me know, I've already downloaded a few contenders. 

I generally like to have 3 games I'm playing at a time. Right now I'm playing Dead by daylight and I'm about to start GoW III, so that leaves 1 more game to throw in to the mix (Overcooked 2 doesn't count). I wanted to create a poll of a few games I'd like to start because I can't decide myself. Hopefully I'll figure out how to do that on here and get a few votes. 

I'm enjoying writing here even if only a few people might be reading and I'm hoping I can do it more often in the future. ✌️

• 1 month later...

Update #3 (4/3/22)

Overall Completion Rate: 38.56% --> 38.63%

Completed Games: 36 --> 37

Platinums: 41 --> 42

Progress Update

Overcooked 2 (PS4) 28% --> 30%

Dead by Daylight (PS4) 60% --> 79%

Dead by Daylight Additional Chapters (PS4) 37% --> 61%

Titan Attacks 100%

The Dark Pictures Anthology: House of Ashes 0% --> 7%

Hyperscape 28%

Super Bomberman R Online 0% --> 35%

God of War: Ascension 0% --> 1%

Family Feud 0% --> 54%

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth 79%

Elden RIng 0% --> 2%

I've gotten so many trophies in this one and a half month, yet my completion rate has barely moved. That is definetly as a result of the amount of new games I started. Overcooked 2, Family Feud and Bomberman are games I play casually with my girlfriend but I do wish to get 100% completion on them at some point. I finally got the platinum of Dead by daylight but hit a wall in terms of trophies as I need to purchase more DLC to progress and I don't want to do currently. DbD used to be my 'main' game but I'm using Elden Ring to take a huge break from DbD. Given how Elden Ring is my first FromSoft game and how I'm planning on doing the first playthrough blind, it will take me months to plat this and move on. The game is unbelievable so I wouldn't have it any other way.

I had Titan attacks incomplete in my profile for a while so I went back to quickly finish that. House of Ashes was a horror game I bought to play with a friend. Given what it requires, I probably won't be completing it any time soon so that's another stain on my list. After hearing how Hyperscape is shutting down soon, I redownloaded that to complete it before it remains incomplete on my profile forever, but now I'd rather leave it incomplete than play anything other than Elden Ring. I earned the multiplayer trophy in god of war ascension with no plans to play it further for now. On ps3, that trophy requires an online pass, but ps now skips that. I plan on finishing the game eventually on ps3. Finally I bought the final DLC of the Binding of Isaac and I play that on the side when I want a break from Elden Ring.

Hopefully by next time I'll have the completion rate higher as I don't plan to start any more new games. I'll just focus on Elden Ring and Isaac for now.

• 1 month later...

#2 & #20: The Walking Dead Seasons 1 & 2

Lc1492e.png

Season 1:                                                            Season 2:

Date Completed: 25th of March 2021               Date Completed: 31st of August 2014

Time to 100%: 7 years, 8 months, 1 day.          Time to 100%: 8 months, 6 days, 23 hours

Platinum Rarity: 47.88%                                   Completion Rarity: 56.13%

Completion Rarity: 15.63%

Telltale's The Walking Dead is a classic story in video games. I remember watching the hype on youtube when the game first came out, unable to buy the game myself as I was a child at the time. I played season 1 about a year and a half after its release and by then I had not forgotten the spoilers I watched on youtube. Regardless, I enjoyed making my own choices and playing through the game myself. The reason for the 7 year trophy gap in season 1 was that rock, paper, scissors trophy that I couldn't bother to obtain after I failed to in my first playthrough. 

I will try to write about the memorable things of my playthrough here. It has been almot a decade since I've played these games fully, so it was necessary for me to look at some playthroughs and such to refresh my memory. I will not be spoiling anything in this thread.

Season 1:

Season 1 is often recommended as one of the most emotional stories in games. I agree with this sentiment, as Lee's character arc and bond with Clementine is unparalleled by most stories in media. The cast of side characters is also compelling for the most part and they each have their own story arcs. Kenny, Ben, Carly, Lilly and Larry's group offers a diverse pallet of perspectives and backgrounds of personalities that rival the show in my opinion. If anything, the game's cast often felt more human in the decisions and arguments they had. 

Lee is introduced as a criminal and immediately the game throws him into the apocalypse. He finds his way to Clem and his path to redemption become clear at that point. Between this event in the first episode, and his moment in his family's old shop, Lee's choice to cut ties with his old life becomes easy, as he has a new makeshift family to deal with and a young girl to coach in surviving the new world. Something I liked about Lee was that every dialogue option was in character for Lee. Although some were goofy and made me laugh at times (e.g. 'Fuck you Larry, eat up'). Upon looking back at some footage, I also noticed that he starts and ends the game in handcuffs, which is a reminder of how the whole story affected his character. 

A common criticism of these games are that they give the illusion of choice. If you save X character, he dies anyways, making the choices inconsequential. I don't completely disagree with the statement, however, the game's choices can be seen as a reflection of the player's traits. Moreover, if we give some characters more time to live, they often come to terms with certain things they've caused and it gives better closure/redemption to their character. I understand the issue of the illusion of choice, but it could be argued that the state of the world doesn't leave the characters much choice to begin with, which is how the game reflects that, by giving the players little choice to affect the world. The choices in these games are still a better feature than the choices in a game like AC Odyssey, where the character's personality can feel inconsistent depending on the player's actions, as we are allowed to do practically anything in certain situations, even if it doesn't align with the character's interest. TWD's actions are also a better feature than a game like Far Cry 3, where the game has no build up or justification to the final choice. Jason makes his own choices until the end, which seems like a shoehorned way to force non-linearity into a game that doesn't need it.  

Season 2:

Season 2 was significantly less memorable than season 1 for me, so this section will be shorter. The cast of characters was less memorable as well, with Jane and Luke standing out, as well as a scared girl that I forget the name of. This season marked the last TWD season I played and where I lost interest in the series. By introducing a new cast of characters, I felt that the journey we went through in season 1 was even less relevant. Kenny makes an appearance, but for some reason he seems to have lost his mind completely. That being said, the dilemma at the end, was not much of a dillema as the choice seemed obvious to me. That being said, neither of the endings provided a satisfying ending or a desire to play more for me.

I was excited to play more walking dead after how much fun season 1 was and how invested I was getting in the show. The 400 Days DLC was a chore to play, and I was hoping that season 2 would provide the excitement I needed from the franchise. That excitement was not brought back, and as the show became a walking simulator, it seemed my interest for the franchise died. 

One of the things that killed my interest in this franchise was how bland everything is. The Walking Dead is the 'default' zombie story. It is zombies with no spice. Nothing interesting to vary the concept of an apocalypse, the zombies just walk slowly and as a result the survivors seem to just walk slowly as well, away from the zombies. It doesn't help that the villains in the walking dead are not particularly compelling either, albeit with some exceptions.

Final Verdict: 9/10 for Season 1, 6.5/10 for Season 2

I'm not completely against the franchise. The Definitive Edition on ps4 often tempts me when it goes on sale. I'm simply fatigued by the amount of zombie content I've consumed over the years, most being better than TWD. It doesn't help that the Telltale story-telling sub-genre has been hijacked by other studios as well as oversaturated by Telltale themselves. 

I've started catching up to the tv show again recently, and characters like Beta and Negan provide enough flavour for me to keep watching. So who knows, maybe I'll get back into these games again someday. I'd love to hear other people's opinions on season 1 and 2. I wonder if you feel the same way about season 2 signifying a decline for the series.

• Like 1