One of my favorite games with a few caveats

SUGARTOUCH

Moon is a Japanese "anti-rpg" from 1997 where the player collects love instead of exp and saves the monsters slain by the hero while helping the people of moon world to earn their love. This game is one of my all time favorites after playing it last year on switch and getting the platinum trophy earlier today on playstation. The game certainly isn't for everyone as it moves at a snails pace and really does not respect the players time. Moon has an in game clock and basically every monster and npc follows routines depending on the time and day of the week and from my experience I found it was better to wait and complete one task then try to multitask and fail at two. It makes me think that the game wants you to slow down and move at its pace lol. The closest thing I can compare it to is Shenmue in terms of the pace and problem solving in an open world or maybe point and click adventure games. The art and music are really great and the writing is very charming. Some if not most portions of this game can be cryptic and there is a decent guide on gamefaqs and a Moon Wiki that helped me a lot I have linked them both below. If you are looking to platinum this game be prepared for a couple painful mini games in Xingiskan and the Fishing Competition needed for 100% completion that casual playthroughs should skip since both only reward 1 love point. Those were the two hardest parts of the game hands down where Jingiskan has wonky physics and the fishing competition is really luck dependent. All in all, I think this game is unique and worth your time if you are in to slow adventure style games that require a fair amount of patience. Moon is like a family member that frustrates you at times but you love them anyways :)

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps/573238-moon/faqs/50336

https://moonrpg.fandom.com/wiki/Moon_Wiki

Now please... Open the door!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, triplejmzu8 said:

I'm super excited to play this game! Have already bought it but I might be waiting for a decent (spoiler-free) trophy guide / roadmap to get the trophies along the way.

The gamefaqs guide could use a refresh as there are some inaccuracies and the official translation has different names for some of the spirits and stuff like that. I had to jump between the wiki and the gamefaq to make my way through to 100%. I do have to give credit to that original gamefaqs guide as it was made when there was no official english version available. Not to mention, the nature of the game makes it easy to not realize how you triggered certain scenarios or events. There is another forum post on here that talks about having trouble with the king and shambles event and I had no problem doing the event for whatever reason. I hope you enjoy the game when you get the chance to dive in!

• Like 1