Great game but exasperating load times

Ekir

I was enjoying the game a lot, but by the 2nd-3rd day of the game you will backtrack way more often than before, and man... the loading times really sink the experience. Even with SSD can get quite frustrating (~30-40secs each time). There's a certain character at the beginning hub that, if you're in the street, requires you to load 3 times to get to her attic, and other 3 if you want to just go back to the street. This can be quite aggravating, because there's also a lot of skill checks that will make you enter in a loop of loading the same point until you overcome it. In that regard is a double edged sword, as if you're an old fashioned wrpg fan you'll be quite acquinted with the process.

To add insult to injury, the fast travel in this game is both broken and useless most of the time with the clunkier interface to fast travel I've ever seen.

With that being said, the game's story and narrative is incredible. Highly recommended. It will make you laugh often as well. But yeah, if you plan to play on ps4 + a regular HDD, get ready to spend a lot of time watching load screens.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, FloArne2012 said:

I've got the game in my backlog. Are you playing on PS5?

ps4 physical, on a ps4 pro + ssd

It's an average ssd, but on genshin impact made the loading times shorter by a ~50% and I'm happy with it ?

• Haha 1

Didn't mind the transition loading screens from one place to another. They are just long enough that you notice but it didn't tank my experience with the game. I played on a slim and most of the loads were under or around 10 seconds.

If you save-scum all the dice rolls, though, be prepared for a miserable time watching load screen hell. Those take like, 30-40 seconds. The game expects you to fail dice rolls at times and it can lead to some funny stuff. The Icebreaker and Medal dispenser trophies are the only time I remember having to save-scum so much that I was starting to get bored.

I can agree quick travel is useless. The map was small enough, I just ran everywhere I needed to go.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...