DesmaBR's Collection of Spicy Opinions on Videogames

DesmaBR

For 2022, a new year resolution of mine was to save the posts I like to make on the Most Recent Platinums thread.

I like to post my opinion on the games I plat there, and it's definitely the best place to do so I feel, but I've started to feel bad about my long winded posts being lost to time, so I've decided to look back on my posts there on this account and repost all of them here, and after that I'll be posting all of my future posts there too.

July 21, 2014

#19 - The Guided Fate Paradox

Well, my first Ultra Rare Platinum.

August 23, 2014

Plat #20: Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed

Since Xseed released Trails in the Sky (Pretty much my favorite game) on Steam not long ago, I felt like giving them some extra support.

Of course, their localization manager is a pretty cool guy, and answered my questions about the game, so they got some extra points for my purchase.

And, of course, I am supportive of the idea of "manservice", so Xseed going the extra way to make it feel equal to both genders pretty much was the last reason I needed for the purchase

And, to be honest, I'm gonna mark this as my biggest surprise of this year; wasn't expecting to enjoy it that much.

The town really feel alive, the side-quests were more than just fetch quests and even the combat was surprisingly deep. Too bad about the horrible framerate and sub-par plot

But to be fair, it's idea doesn't really feel realized yet. If there's a sequel, I do hope they work on it more (Like making the whole town one seamless map; it being divided by sections kinda ruined the feel of the city for me).

Well, that was quite some rant.

tl;dr I enjoyed it more than I initially though I would, but the idea doesn't really reach it's full potential. Better luck next time

October 26, 2014

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Eh, it's ok; shame about the horrible arcade mode trophies and the poor netcode doesn't motivate me to go back to it for some matches

January 20, 2015

Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix

One of my favorite PS2 games, and the Final Mix just makes it even better.

Really nice plat to get too, no bullshit trophies like the 1.5 ReMIX games

February 9, 2015

# 24

[Prototype 2]

Really fun game (Just like the first one), but I felt like the open world had absolutely nothing to do, and I hated the main character.

Platinum was really fun to get, tho (Except having to do a New Game + because of the XP trophy)

March 15, 2015

Platinum #25

Battle Princess of Arcadias

Decided to get one plat per month this year, so I'm cleaning some backlog I might have.

This game actually starts pretty nice, the fighting engine works pretty well, and the mechanics shows some nice potential (And it's pretty cute to boot)

... But, damn, does it become a grind. And the problem is that you don't need to level up your characters (per se), you need to level up the troops associated with a character, and they can't be a level higher than their leaders.

So, in battles where you need to use your troops, you better level up your troops, or you won't get past that stage, even if you try your hardest (As you can't help them); also, there a weird "x is stronger than y but weaker than z" system, so you need to grind different characters (But, on my second playtrough I did realize I could power level one kind and completem nicely)

Worst offender is having to do New Game + just to get one item that allows you to S rank the stages easily, so you need to do all that grind again.

But to be fair, while the story started off with potencial and it end up becoming a mess and I didn't know what was what anymore; the dialogue was pretty charming, so even on my second playtrough I was seeing the cutscenes again.

Well, game deleted from my console, never want to play this again.

April 3, 2015

Platinum #26

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishment

Fun little game, really fun investigating the scenarios, looking for clues and making deductions. The minigames it had were pretty varied too.

But I didn't really like the story, just coudn't care. Guess I got spoiled by Ace Attorney 3...

Btw, the platinum trophy is really pretty, probably my favorite one in my collection

April 20, 2015

Platinum #27

God of War: Ascension

I was kinda disappointed with God of War III, but I think they redeemed themselves with this one. The gameplay is really top notch, and I liked how all the "weapons" were just different elements for the Blades of Chaos; it felt more natural for me.

But the story really felt pointless, but at least Kratos doesn't talk too much here.

Anyway, gotta thank this platinum to some odd glitch at the PSN that made this game available for free for some minutes; woudn't have played it otherwise.

May 17, 2015

Platinum #28

Shovel Knight

While clearly a homage to the games of the NES era, borrowing elements from the most popular games from that time; Shovel Knight is a game that can be considered a pretty fine platformer on it's own, no need for Nostalgia.

Even the graphics, while certainly reminiscent to that era, it just tries to replicate how people remember the games, not trying to "Remain consistent with the limitations of the NES hardware"

Trophy list, it's all fun. Need multiple playthroughs but game's pretty short if you're good at it.

Not going to delete it from hard drive for now, maybe I'll give "butt mode" a try sometime

June 22, 2015

Platinum #29

Sound Shapes

Now my fastest platinum, with only 9 hours and 45 minutes.

Really nice game, but I just wish Death Mode wasn't randomized. It just way more frustrating than it should.

Do have all the DLC here, but I'll do them at a later date. I'm tired now

August 28, 2015

#30 - Goat Simulator (PS3)

Sometimes I wonder...
At what point, did my life went wrong? I paid money for this...

September 8, 2015

Platinum #31

Teslagrad

Fun little game, and fairly easy to plat too.

Now my fastest one, with 5 hours basically

September 27, 2015

Platinum #32 (And my first one on PS4)

Sound Shapes

This platinum was way too hard for my tastes. Had to:

- Download the Game

- Boot up the game

- Do some tutorial thingie

- Get to the main menu

- Go to the options

- And lastly, do Cloud Sync

Way too hard man, I don't think I'll ever platinum a game again

October 10, 2015

Kingpin
Unlock all Trophies in Saints Row IV: Re-elected.

Fun game, but going for platinum was a chore. Felt like every time I did something, I had to do a bunch of Homie missions.

Challenges were a huge grind too. Funny too because even with those, all possible trophies can take about 30 hours to complete, no problems; even though there's a trophy for playing it for 40.

Had to leave the console turned on overnight.

saintsrowiv_re-electezko76.png

November 20, 2015

#34 - InFAMOUS First Light

I really like series on the PS3, but at the time I've played them, I didn't care all that much for trophies.

So, these days I felt like getting an easy platinum, so I tried this one out, because I wanted to see how the series fared on a new generaton.

... It's ok, for a PS+ freebie. But it feels like something missing; maybe it's because it was originally a US$20 game, but I feel Second Son would suffer from the same thing.

Plot pretty bad too; shame because I enjoyed the previous ones plots.

But the game is really pretty, and the gameplay is as solid as always, so I still enjoyed my time.

Just wish the platinum didn't require to get the challenges. I get that they need something more to make getting all the trophies harder, but the challenges are just there to waste your time.

infamousfirstlight_20euqr7.png

December 16, 2015

Sword Art Online: Lost Song

:platinum:ALO's Strongest Player

Earn all trophies.
"You are an excellent fighter. The best I have ever seen."

This game just made me wish that I was playing Hollow Fragment instead

December 24, 2015

The Order 1886

:platinum: The Grail
Collect all Trophies

theorder_1886_20151227irdp.png

This game is such a waste of potential. The setting is so cool, but they did nothing with it.

Would say that this is my dissapointment of 2015, but I felt like it was going to be lame even before release.

Snatched this game up even before getting my PS4, actually. Found it cheap on a sale, and I wanted something to showcase the PS4 power once I got one.

Sadly, I still felt like I payed too much for the game.

January 26, 2016

Platinum #38

:platinum:Full Moon

Earned every Trophy in every episode of The Wolf Among Us.

Hide contents

thewolfamongus_201601tyofd.png

Fuck you, tree.

How dare you do Photosynthesis stuff

Plat image reminds me of pics like these

tom-cruise-triple-lauklrh2.jpg

December 29, 2015

We Had Fun, Didn't We?

Complete Tales From The Borderlands

Managed to snatch one more before the end of the year.

First episode started kinda awful, but after that it gets better.

Ending is kinda of a cop out, tho

February 3, 2016

2016-02-03-153657zbo5d.jpg

I don't even caaaaaaaaaaaaaarreee

March 27, 2016

Platinum #40

Cold Steel Conqueror
Mastered Trails of Cold Steel and earned every trophy.

2016-03-27-053324vmsqy.jpg

If you miss the Golden Era of JRPG's, this is the game for you. Since Persona 4 I haven't played a truly good JRPG (I do want to say Trails in the Sky, but that's originally a 2004 game)

Too bad the game runs absolute ass on Vita; maybe I'll play the second game on PS3

April 3, 2016

Platinum #41

:platinum:Platinum Trophy

Earn all Need for Speed™ Trophies

needforspeed_20160402gmr56.png

Man, I missed the Underground games. This isn't quite as good, but it made me feel nostalgic about it.

Can't really recommend this at full price, though; not really much content on it, and for an online only game, sure feels pointless to race other people

April 12, 2016

Platinum #42 - Square Heroes

:platinum:Trophy Hunter

Earn all other Trophies

Not too bad, for a game I've paid 1 or 2 bucks.

The final boss is a real pain, but overall, it's a nice little game to just relax and get an easy platinum.

May 12, 2016

#43 - Ratchet & Clank

:platinum:The Hero of Heroes

Collect every trophy in Ratchet & Clank

ratchet_clank_2016051vosp2.png

Gameplay wise, this is definitely the best playing game in the franchise. And for $40, there no way I wouldn't recommend.

btw, this game is so goddamn beautiful.

Shame what they did to the story. Even I that didn't play the original could tell that stuff felt wrong.

Even the whole "Qwark is narrating the story" gimmick dies off pretty quickly.

July 15, 2016

Platinum #44

Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir

odinsphereleifthrasir05kjo.png

Easily one of the best remakes out there, fixes most of the problems of a frawled PS2 classic.

But it doesn't really stop it from being maddening repetitive. The story helped me push through, but I wish it didn't feel like I was doing the same thing all the time

July 23, 2016

#45 - Saint's Row: Gat out of Hell

It's all right, had some fun with it. But playing it felt very tiring with all those challenges, especially since I've already platted Saint's Row IV a few months ago, which was basically the same thing.

It did crash a lot too (Even times where I could trigger them on command); and I bet flying with the wings would be a lot more fun if the framerate wasn't shit.

July 26, 2016

#46 - Gemini: Heroes Reborn

gemini_heroesreborn_260jec.png

For a game based on a series, it's surprisingly fun. It's short enough to not get boring (Plat it in 5 hours), and throwing shit at enemies was pretty fun.

It was worth the price that it was on the Superhero sale

September 1, 2016

The Witch and the Hundred Knight: Revival Edition

:platinum:Legendary Hundred Knight!!

You got all the trophies.

thewitchandthehundredivs0x.png

Can't say that this is a good game, but honestly, I find this to be a fascinating one.

Originally released on the PS3, it was meant to be an open-world rpg, with a karma system where you could choose between being good or evil. And considering that this was from the studio behind the Disgaea games, this was also going to be their first fully 3D game.

Such work proved to be too much for the development team, and so this game entered development hell. When it finally released, it was... quite something.

You see, this is probably the most different game I've played last generation. Sure, there are some weird ass games back then, but in this game, the developers tried to do basically anything in a different way. The basically is like Diablo (If I have to compare with another game), but it doesn't really play it like that, it's plays more like a Ys roguelike game. And the story concept is interesting, taking place from the villains perspective.

It's still a NIS game through and through, but I'm sure there isn't any game like this on the market, and that why I find it so fascinating.

Still not a good game, it just feels like a mess. And frankly, after having to deal with the Tower of Illusion Basement, I don't want to look at this game ever again

September 30, 2016

Table Top Racing: World Tour

:platinum: TTR Legend!
Unlock all Trophies

imageproxy.phpczk18.jpg

Fairly easy and quick platinum trophy, on top of a pretty enjoyable game. Pretty good stuff for a PS+ freebie.

The millions point drift challenge gave me a problem, but I got the hang of it after an hour or two

October 2, 2016

Ether One

:platinum: Validation
Excellent Work Restorer.

etherone_20161002175521qum.png

Wanted to make my #50 platinum special, so though I'd boot this up just to get an easy platinum. Hey, I got it on PS+ IGC, so it's not like I had paid anything for it.

October 9, 2016

Platinum #50

:platinum: The Ashen Chevalier
Mastered Trails of Cold Steel II and earned every trophy.

Hide contents

thelegendofheroestraiwez4b.png

This game supports screenshots on PS3, but trophy pop-ups don't get in them.

So here's a screenshot from the post-credits image.

Just like how I gave closure to my PS2 with Persona 4, my favorite JRPG on the PS2; I give closure to my PS3 with Trails of Cold Steel II, my favorite JRPG on the PS3 (At least until P5 steals the title, heh. I'll play that one on PS4, tho)

I don't think it's hard to give this title to this game, after all, the PS3 was pretty shitty when it comes to the genre. But that doesn't mean I'm giving this title to it just because the other games weren't as good; even if this was released on the PS2, I'd still put it on my top 5.

The battle system is loads of fun, albeit being pretty broken (But hey, every good JRPG is broken by nature); the soundtrack is stellar and the story is really good; been a while since plot-twists legit surprised me or even made me cry... or even made me do both at the same time.

Admitelly, the plot does have problems, and it doesn't feel like the build up from the first game really pays off; but weirdly enough, it sets up the sequel with the stuff I was actually looking for. That one is going a masterpiece if it delivers.

Pretty hard to get into this game, since not only you have to finish the first Cold Steel to just understand the plot, you'll need to finish all the other games in the series (Including the ones that aren't released in the west) to understand all the references, and it's not going to get easier getting into these games anytime soon.

October 20, 2016

Platinum #51

Dust: An Elysian Tail

:platinum:Mithrarin

Awakening

Can you believe that this game was made by one person? Pretty amazing work.

Ok, the story does feel like it was made by one guy, but everything else is so well made, it's quite an achievement.

November 7, 2016

Downwell

:platinum:Done Well

Completed all other trophies.

downwell_2016110700585isfp.png

Goddamn, I can't believe I actually got it. My heart's still racing.

Anyway, this is easily one of the best games ever made. It's pretty short, you can beat it in 15 minutes, but they sure are amazing minutes.

Got it on mobile first, and while I love it there, I really couldn't get past level 2 with those touch controls. This is one game that really demands a controller.

Also, I'm glad I got another UR plat; only had one before it

November 9, 2016

The Deadly Tower of Monsters

:platinum: Laundry list

Complete all other missions

thedeadlytowerofmonstqusgv.png

A cool little game, given on this month PS+ offerings. Platinum is really easy, did it in 4 hours of playtime.

Just didn't feel the whole movie setting. It's premise was kind of the main reason why I wanted to try this one, but it ended up being kinda lame, really.

Do like what they did with trophies, though. For each trophy you get, you'll get one upgrade for your character.

December 20, 2016

Platinum #54

L764754.png

1L698b77.png

:platinum: The World Wanderer
Collected all trophies.

finalfantasyxv_201612vmsjg.png

Well, here's this game. I remember still being in school when I saw it's original Versus XIII announcement.

But, honestly, don't think this game as Versus XIII; that game was cancelled, this is just something they made using it's scraps.

And it's pretty evident that it's the case; especially on the story, which feels like they just glued everything together without connecting any of it. Real shame, considering how cool Versus actually looked.

But you know what? This is still one of the best games in the series, and I'd still say it's closer to Square's golden age than a lot of their previous endeavors. I actually forgot about the story because I was so into just driving around and doing sidequests, especially considering how likeable the main cast is (Something that I can't say I really felt about the series in a long while; at least there was one character I hated).

I feel like this is a start for the series to return to it's good 'ol days, but it needs more work. If you're not in a hurry to play this one, I'd recommend waiting a year, that way the patches are going to be out, and the Season Pass content will be available; it will most likely be a better than what we have today. Chapter 13 is beyond salvation, though.

PS: This is the only game I've played that actually made me hungry. Damn, the food looks nice in this

December 27, 2016

Lb53d0b.png

1Lc40d9d.png

:platinum:Legendary
Win all trophies in the game!

One of PS+ offerings this month.

Really fun game, can get pretty challenging if you go for the 3 stars

February 10, 2017

full-icon.png

full-trophy_0.png

:platinum: Awarded all trophies

All trophies have been awarded.

Reveal hidden contents

One of the best games there is if you just want to relax and do whatever

Real thanks to [] for helping me with a trophy world, saved me a lot of trouble

April 4, 2017

Lfad333.png

1Lf9f2b0.png

:platinum:All trophies obtained
Obtained all Horizon Zero Dawn trophies.

Reveal hidden contents

Pretty sure this is the most beautiful game I've ever played.

And it's a pretty fine game too; quite different from your standard Open World title.

I do have a bunch of issues with it, but I certainly recommend it if you're interested in it

April 25, 2017

Platinum #58

L6f1681.png

1Lc9a30f.png

:platinum: With Regalia in Hand
Obtained all trophies.

Reveal hidden contents

I don't create trophies.

I create a PSN Profile that contains infinite trophies

April 26, 2017

Platinum #59

L6a0f86.png

(Hitman GO: Definitive Edition)

1L7b0d30.png

:platinum:   Agent 47
Collect all trophies for Hitman GO: Definitive Edition.

Reveal hidden contents

I wanted to save platinum #60 to a certain game, so I though I'd get a quick platinum.

You can do it in a few hours with a guide, no problem.

June 6, 2017

Platinum #60

L2e514a.png

1Lf68317.png

:platinum:  Legendary Phantom Thief
Earn all trophies.

I am thou, thou art I...

Thou hast turned a vow into a platinum trophy

Thy trophy list shall become the wings of rebellion

and break the yoke of thy heart.

Thou hast awakened to the ultimate secret

of Persona 5, granting thee infinite power...

June 16, 2017

Platinum #61

L3eef89.png

1Lcb28c5.png

:platinum: Master of Both Worlds
Acquired all trophies

Reveal hidden contents

Hey, got another Ultra Rare... But it's already at 4.95%, so it won't be UR for long.

One of the few, if not the only, PS4 game that's only available physically (You can't download it on the PSN Store).

That made interested in this picking this up, since it's a strange scenario (Especially when you can get this digitally on the Switch)

And I gotta say, it's loads of fun. I mean, sure, it's Tetris and Puyo Puyo, those are already established formulas; but this game nails the crossover.

For such different games, playing a Tetris vs. Puyo Puyo match actually feels pretty fair, never felt like one mode had the advantage over the other.

But my real surprise was the story mode. It's not a masterpiece of storytelling or anything, but it's actually really charming.

I certainly kept me wanting more.

Reveal hidden contents

It's even fully voice acted, and I can tell the VA's were having fun while recording this.

My only issue with this game (Outside of Party Mode, which is pretty lame) really was the Puyo King (x100,000) trophy.

Sure, there is a Mino King (x100,000) too, and it makes sense in theory, having this trophy for both modes.

But you'll destroy far more Tetris Blocks than Puyos in any match, to the point where I had finished basically every other trophy except the major grinds for both modes, I had destroyed 80000 Tetris Blocks and popped 17000 Puyos.

And for the rest of the Tetris grind, just a few matches on Big Bang mode (Which is probably my favorite part of the game, btw) and I was set. For the Puyos, though, I basically end up rubberbanding my controller and leaving the console for 6 hours turned on to get the trophy.

At least I'm done with this

June 23, 2017

Platinum #62

L39e2fc.png

1L3546d3.png

:platinum: Guacamelee! Platinum trophy
Luchador #1!

A fantastic game. Already had the platinum on PS3, but I was looking forward to plat the PS4 version too, especially since I got it on PS+.

Felt like playing something similar to Metroid after Nintendo announcements at E3, so I though this was the time to go back to this one.

Combat feels great, exploration is rewarding and the upgrades are really useful. It even do some really clever obstacles that use the game to it's full potential.

If you wanna give this a shot, I'd totally recommend it.

My only real problem with it is it's sense of humor. It's downright painful how hard it tries to be funny and how much it fails.

Especially when it's just memes from 2013; I already though it wasn't funny back then, but nowadays I can't stand it. If it's not memes, it's just a reference to another thing.

But I'll give it a break; making games is pretty hard, if it gave the devs were enjoying themselves while making this, I think it's just fine.

June 27, 2017

Platinum #63

L2615a2.png

1L786f0d.png

:platinum: Puzzle Dragon
Get all trophies: Start 10 puzzles, solve 1 easy puzzle, 1 medium puzzle, 1 hard puzzle, and 2 other puzzles, improve your time by at least 1 second, and solve a puzzle in more than 2 min.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm a simple man.

I'll take a $1 dollar platinum.

July 3, 2017

Platinum #64

Lbb9b48.png

1Ld9ebc2.png

:platinum: PatternMind
You have fulfilled your legacy.

Reveal hidden contents

A pretty impressive game, especially considering that it was mostly made by one guy.

Seriously, this game has some of the best sprite work I've ever seen. The bosses especially are a spectacle.

As far as a game go, it's a pretty solid Metroidvania game.

The bosses are amazing graphically, but fighting them is pretty lame; once you figure out it's pattern, that's it.

The upgrades are pretty cool, and the game does reward you for exploration.

But it is one of those game that'll make you lost, especially considering how's the map works (Which only shows you the absolute minimal).

If you're interested, I'd recommend. Just be mindful that you'll be lost for a while if you're not willing to use a guide.

July 9, 2017

L1a7bbb.png

1L25a470.png

:platinum: The N. Trepid Crash Bandicoot!
Collect all the Crash Bandicoot Trophies.

Reveal hidden contents

Though I'd get rid of the most painful one first. And man, this one is tough.

I actually never got too far on the first game when I was a kid; I only remember maybe getting past Ripper Roo; so being able to actually play this to completion is pretty nice.

But, man, these Time Trails are fire. I had loads of fun trying the levels over and over again to get the gold medals; but it's pretty clear that this game was not made for speedrunning. Lots of times you have to just stay still while a platform moves or something.

Heck, the challenge most of the time wasn't the time trails themselves, but just completing the entire stages without dying.

But still, loads of fun; glad I got this plat. Definitely trying 2 and 3.

July 19, 2017

Platinum #66

L3d70b4.png

1Le6b57f.png

:platinum:The N. Credible Crash Bandicoot!
Collect all the Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back trophies.

Reveal hidden contents

Never played this one before, to be honest. Back then I only played the first one and Warped.

To be honest, I didn't feel this one so much. When I finished the game and went to do the Time Trials, I had a lot of fun doing them; but hunting for the crates wasn't very exciting for me, especially on the levels that require you to backtrack, Crash is one of the worst games to do that.

I'll certainly say that Crash here controls a lot better than Crash 1, and I love his Slide Jump.

It's just that the levels weren't very exciting for me.

Oh yeah, Time Trials here are a lot better than the first one too; mostly because it feels like the levels were made so that you could rush through most stuff.

July 22, 2017

Platinum #67

Lf29622.png

1L2dc066.png

:platinum:  The N. Vincible Crash Bandicoot!
Collect all the Crash Bandicoot: Warped trophies.

Reveal hidden contents

I almost feel dissapointed, tbh. Compared to 1 and 2, this one is a little too easy; some stages can be a issue, but nothing compared to any of the stages from previous games.

Seriously, Hurricane Spin wrecks the game; but it is loads of fun to use. And if you're not doing Time Trials, the Fruit Bazooka removes any trouble you might have.

But tbh, I did play 1 and 2 before this, so I'm starting to get sick of these games. Will still do Crash 1 DLC

July 25, 2017

Platinum #68

L0629fc.png

1Ldfa121.png

:platinum:  Heroine
Achieve all possible trophies.

Reveal hidden contents

If you're into classic JRPG's, this is a really good time. This game really nails what makes them fun.

It is pretty short too, I finished up with 20 hours (And I have a habit of just leaving my games idle for some time), so it won't drain too much of your time like other games of the genre.

July 28, 2017

Platinum #69

Ld80014.png

1Lc10369.png

:platinum:  What If?
Unlock all other trophies from Life Is Strange™

Platinum so good, you can't even see it

Reveal hidden contents

If you like Telltale games, or just story driven games, you should give this one a try. Especially now that it was given for PS+ users.

It didn't leave a lasting impression on me, but it was a good time.

My only real gripe is the last episode, especially since (SPOILERS)

Reveal hidden contents

August 14, 2017

Platinum #70

L058ab1.png

Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment

1L5a9056.png

:platinum:Obtain all trophies.
Obtain all trophies.

Wohoo, my new rarest trophy, with 1.59%

This game wants to be good so bad, but it just can't do it.

It feels incredibly jank, to the point where the framerate drops to single digits frequently and glitches are aplenty.

Heck, this is a PS4 game that is a port of a Vita game that was originally a PSP game, so that's already a good sign.

All things considered, I was impressed by the effort put into this game; there's lots of things to do, including two stories to go through.

I can't help but appreciate games like these that try to bite more than they can chew.

But, at this point, if you really want to play a SAO game, just play Hollow Realization. It's basically this game, but better in any way

August 15, 2017

Platinum #71

Le71ec5.png

1Lb8278e.png

:platinum:  Don't You Have Anything Better to Do?
Obtain all other Undertale trophies.

Reveal hidden contents

Not going to say much as I don't want to spoil people, but if you enjoy games like Earthbound/Mother, you should definitely try this one

August 25, 2017

Platinum #72

Lc69df2.png

1Ldb02bc.png

:platinum:  Hero of the Shadow Sector
Obtain all Ratchet: Deadlocked™ trophies

I got this for free when Full Frontal Assault was made free for a day on the PSN (Buying that one gives you this).

I remember playing this when I was a kid on the PS2, so I was looking forward to playing this... But only now I really decided to play it again.

And I gotta say... This remaster is pretty shitty.

The framerate sinks constantly, making it very unpleasant to play.

The cutscenes are pretty messy too

The game also isn't very stellar. I mean, it's good mindless fun and it doesn't overstay it's welcome, but it's very subpar compared to it's predecessors.

At least Ratchet gets a cool armor in this.

Really should play the HD Trilogy on PS3

August 31, 2017

Platinum #73

Lffe342.png

1L9be317.png

Grandmaster
All trophies achieved.

Reveal hidden contents

Visual Novels are known for being a bit of a slow burner, taking hours and hours of nothing really happening, just so they'd set up the world and characters.

This game aims to do something a little different, taking more of a "Legend of Heroes" approach, where they leave the world building part for the "first part" (Despite this being the second game in the series) and leaving the good stuff for it's sequel.

While it's cool that they'd focus on set up everything beforehand, this game is painfully slow and boring on it's first half. The first 5 hours or so are interesting, but after that they just talk about food and wacky events happen, and then they introduce a new character and the cycle repeats. At some point I was even regretting buying this, but at some point the story suddenly shows up and then it gets more interesting, and it was smooth sailing from there. Props for the ending too, I haven't seen such a good one since Trails in the Sky.

There's also SRPG battles, that are pretty fun, but they're barely there (There's only 20 total, and 6 of them are on the last hours of the game), so even if they're enjoyable and reward good play style, you should just threat this as a Visual Novel really (Especially since they aren't hard at all). At least Post-Game offers 16 more stages, that can actually be pretty tough, so that's cool.

This trophy can go fuck right off, tho

40L310eef.png

:silver:  Kamunagi of Chaining
Used Action Chain with all characters.

This is the reason I took 3 months to get this plat. I tried every attack, I wrote what I did on paper, I tried messaging people who got the plat asking about it, but I just couldn't get it.

Only a few days ago I learned that you have to use every combination of attacks possible. And that's just cruel man.

There's so many variations, and this game does not have a tracker for them, so it's really a crapshoot. I couldn't even believe I had gotten this trophy when I did. ffs

Oh well, now I'm ready for it's sequel... Too bad it also has a version of this trophy too, lol

September 8, 2017

Platinum #74

L354716.png

1L33efde.png

:platinum:  You're a truck racer, Harry
Win every Truck Racer trophy.

Well, this sure sucked. But it is an easy platinum, and it's an offering on this month's PS+ catalog, so if you want to plat it; I'd recommend getting it now while you can find a boost partner.

October 18, 2017

Platinum #75

Lccca51.png

1Le558be.png

:platinum: Legendsung
Obtained all trophies.

Reveal hidden contents

I'm really impressed by this game. I was looking forward to playing this after finishing up Mask of Deception, but this game blew my expectations. Totally deserves the #75 plat spot on my list.

Admittedly, while the 2D art is pretty well made, the graphics are pretty ugly, even for a Vita game; but the story here is really really good (I don't even remember the last time a JRPG hooked like this), and since it's a direct sequel to Mask of Deception, it already starts at full speed. Only real problem is that you need to play Mask of Deception to understand the plot, and while I understand that it was setting up the plot for this game, it gets really boring at some points. The battle system is nice too, it only gets hard on the post game, but it still feels like you need to think up strategies and being able to rewind is a really welcome feature.

Trophies are mostly harmless, but getting all Battle Rewards can be an issue since their drops are tied to RNG (And some of the later stages have a 30% drop rate); thankfully, the RNG gods blessed my playthrough, since, with the exception of one stage that I had to play 6 times to get them, all the other ones came with a maximum of 3 (Not counting the first playthrough).

November 20, 2017

Platinum #76

Ldaa4fc.png

1Le0c262.png

:platinum:Legendary
Win all trophies in the game!

Oh man, I finally got it. All those challenges really drained me.

Rayman Origin is one of my favorite platformers of all time, but hearing horror stories about the Final Awesomeness trophy drove me away from playing this, but then I saw it at a really low price at a PSN Sale, so I thought I'd finally try it.

While I can say that this game reaches higher highs than it's predecessor, it also reaches the lowest lows too. While some stages are incredibly ingenious and had me completely entranced by them, the other ones are Murphy stages; their gimmick just isn't very exciting, and his stages felt really bland in comparison with the others. I even managed to play them how they were meant to be played on the Switch (There's a demo available on it), and it's not better; maybe it's loads of fun if one player is controlling him and the other controlling the character, but by yourself, it's not fun.

My favorite parts of the game were the Invasion stages; instead of having to speedrun stages, you get special stages that you have to complete in 40 seconds to get all the collectibles. They're really exciting, and even when I was playing at my best I'd win them by a second or two.

Btw, there are online challenges in the game, which is the biggest problem in getting this platinum; even after getting everything in the game, you'll have to at least play it for around 3 months getting those gold cups (Being the top 20% of that challenge) in every single one. You could probably get it in 2 weeks if you got diamond cups, but those are only for the top 1%, and they're way too good at the game. I personally only managed to get it once.

November 21, 2017

Platinum #77

L64c760.png

1L9697d1.png

:platinum:Platinum
Collect all the other trophies to unlock

I was in a mood for a PS2-era platformer, and I had gotten this together with a bunch of other games on the THQ, so I thought I'd try this one...

This game is fucking terrible, do not play this.

December 11, 2017

Platinum #78

L862809.png

1L31490e.png

:platinum:SQUAREBOY VS BULLIES
DEFEAT ALL THE BULLIES

It's exactly what you'd expect from a game called "Squareboy vs Bullies: Arena Edition"

January 27, 2018

Platinum #79

Lba674d.png

Batman: The Telltale Series

1Lf30d30.png

:platinum: I'm Batman
Complete Batman

The weakest of the Telltale games I've played; runs like shit, the story is weirdly boring (I like that they tried to do different things with it, but not a big fan of what they did) and it's overall it's a very subpar game.

I'd expect better from an IP like Batman

February 9, 2018

Platinum #80

L2ac027.png

1Lfeb328.png

:platinum:Extraordinary Adventurer
Proof that you thoroughly read "Periplus of the Gaete Sea," written by Adol Christin.

Man, I really should've done everything in one playthrough. Playing it again just for the difficulty trophy wasn't fun at all, and Nightmare wasn't even all that hard.

Anyway, while I am not a big fan of the path the series has been going, this is a major improvement over Seven and Celceta. Just the fact that you can jump in this makes things far more interesting.

I still miss the Ys VI formula; but oh well, I understand why they did this. Really like the exploration part which reminded me of Xenoblade, which is always a good thing; especially since I had originally played this before picking up Xenoblade 2, felt like a nice appetizer.

February 23, 2018

Platinum #81

Le7beea.png

1Lefafe5.png

:platinum: Big Adventurer
Obtain all trophies

Now, this is a quality video game. Would not be surprised if this game was made by one person on a single afternoon.

June 22, 2018

Platinum #82

L7c180d.png

Mecho Tales

1L50b7d9.png

:platinum:Mecho Historian
Accomplish everything.

It's all right for what it is. Reminds me of the games I used to make on my game development classes.

Ridiculously overpriced for some reason, but it is 90% off on the Flash Sale. That's a fair price for it

June 25, 2018

Platinum #83

L282016.png

1L025731.png

:platinum:Trackmaster
Who's the TrackMaster? You!

Now here's a franchise I've wanted to play for a while. Always liked Hot Wheels and their crazy tracks when I was a kid, so seeing a game like that definitely caught my attention.

Since this came out for PS+ users, though it was my chance to give it a shot.

Yup, this is a rough one. You'll definitely need some patience with this one, but at the very least it's easy to restart if you fail a stage.

Sure am proud of this one, my first -1% platinum (At this moment, it's at 0.82%)

June 26, 2018

L1a5925.png

1Lbc8ff2.png

:platinum:All Trophies
All Trophies Unlocked

Not as easy as I was expecting, but nothing's too bad.

Not a bad game for the price I've paid

October 1, 2018

Platinum #85

L7e4281.png

1L53259d.png

:platinum:Grand Finale
Acquire all trophies.

I like the first game, it was a mess but, I admired it's ambition.

But hmmm, the sequel sure is something

Also, don't try to get the platinum. Just don't.

November 27, 2018

Platinum #89

L00c8ca.png

1L110285.png

:platinum:Super Super Trophy
Unlock all trophies

Definitely reminded me of the good 'ol days of Top Gear

Platinum takes a while longer than I'd like to, but it's a good idea to turn off your brain and play this while listening to a podcast or something

December 31, 2018

Platinum #90

L211fe7.png

1L711cda.png

:platinum:Brilliant Etoile
Congratulations! You collected all trophies.

Well, this is my last platinum for the year. This is one game that I really wanted to like, but I just couldn't.

February 15, 2019

Platinum #92

Le02f36.png

1L442b3d.png

:platinum:Your Royal Eggsellence
Earn all trophies in the game.

Just play Fortnite instead

February 18, 2019

Platinum #93

L46c7e8.png

1L7e4a63.png

:platinum:ONRUSH
Obtain all trophies in ONRUSH™

This is probably one of the most misguided games I've ever played.

I get that they wanted to make a team-based racing game, but at its current state, it really feels like it's just luck that defines if you're winning or not.

Also, you can only progress through the single-player campaign if you're online. Which is gross.

Was hoping for a substitute for Burnout, but this wasn't it.

March 27, 2019

Platinum #96

L88f3a6.png

1L13ff8b.png

:platinum:Father and Son
Obtain all other trophies

Reveal hidden contents

This really feels like this generation's Resident Evil 4. A massive reinvention of the franchise that could really use some shake-up, and one that just like RE4, I'd be willing to put it on my favorite games of all time.

It didn't make me cry per se, but it sure hit me hard at some points.

But this platinum is a paaaaaaain.

Trying to go anywhere takes a ton of time, making backtracking to find stuff especially annoying; the map is unrealiable at best, and most of the collectibles you can only track how many you got, making you guess which ones you're still missing.

Also, fuck those green birds that stay really far away, so you have to throw the axe just right.

June 15, 2019

Lefac08.png

1La054a2.png

:platinum:Lord of Ironrath
Completed Season 1 of Game of Thrones.

Had this and it's episodes installed on my console for more than a year, but never played it.

Heard some rumors of people not being able to download this even if they already had brought it, which kinda freaked me out, so I thought I'd finish this before deleting it off.

It's wank.

Now I gotta think long and hard on what game to make my 100º plat.

August 25, 2019

Platinum #100

Lba8768.png

1L773d3c.png

:platinum:KINGDOM HEARTS III Complete Master
Unlock all other trophies.

Reveal hidden contents

Boy, I can't believe that I finally did it, a hundred platinum trophies.

KH III was my most obvious choice for the spot, due to the fact this might just be the game I've been looking forward the most in my life.

I've been yearning for this game ever since I finished 2 back when I was a kid and saw that ending that seemed to lead into a sequel... but y'know, this game took a while to come out.

In the mean time we got portable games that... were pretty bad compared to KH II.

The original KH II that came on PS2 may be a bit lackluster, but Final Mix is a mastaaahpiece, one of the all time greats. The portable games just didn't live up to it.

So, I was scared of this game, I was worried that this wouldn't live up to KH II... and yeah, it did not live up to KH II.

But it sure doesn't stop it from being a pretty fine game, I can definitely say that this is way better than any of the portable games.

Especially because it managed to do the one thing those games did not, make me feel happy.

I dunno, there's just something about KH that makes me feel happy. Maybe it's just seeing dumb stuff like seeing Buzz and Woody from Toy Story breathing helium and speaking with a high pitched voice.

I hope the DLC will improve on the game the same way Final Mix did to KH II.

September 1, 2019

Platinum #101

L648c20.png

1L891f42.png

:platinum:Gnasty's Demise
Collect all Spyro the Dragon Trophies

Found a copy of the Trilogy for cheap, so I went and brought it.

Never played these back in the day, and not gonna lie, I really regret not doing so.

This was actually really fun! I like how you can just 100% the stages right from the get-go, and there's some really clever level design in this.

September 6, 2019

Le64bcd.png

1L3f1abf.png

:platinum:Ripto's Remorse
Collect all trophies in Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

I feel like this one gets better the more you play it. I did not enjoy it at all when I first started, but it grew on me as I went along.

Just gotta finish the third one now. Starting to get tired of these games.

September 10, 2019

Platinum #103

L3c80ff.png

1Lbc8c9f.png

:platinum:Party like it's 2024
Win all trophies in Spyro 3

I bet the name of this trophy would get really awkward if something horrible happens in 2024

October 30, 2019

Platinum #105

L2a2654.png

Duke Nukem 3D: 20th Anniversary World Tour

1L8d1ad5.png

:platinum: Hail to the King!
Completed all trophies for the game!

I played this game for one hour and it crashed on me twice.

December 5, 2019

Platinum #106,107,108,109

L222b3d.png

1L654f14.png

:platinum:Retro Gamer
Earn all other trophies!

L35b473.png

1L201f98.png

Earn all other trophies!

L2ec7ea.png

1L5f181f.png

Earn all other trophies!

L2558a9.png

1Le1afa8.png

Earn all other trophies!

All the save scumming made me feel like scum

December 8, 2019

Platinum #110 (And trophy nº 6000)

La9d573.png

1Lb03d8f.png

:platinum:A Flash of Light
Mastered Trails of Cold Steel III and earned every trophy.

First time going for a thousand trophy milestone, and not gonna lie, that was pretty fun. Very frustrating, but very fun.

Glad I can keep this plat on my milestones along the first and second games.

Not gonna say much about the game, as I feel anything I say is gonna be a spoiler. But I will say that it's fucking bullshit that they expect you to have seen the secret ending of the second game; There must be some people who only finished the second game once, and they must've felt very confused when they see those characters having those kinds of interactions.

Platinum #111

L4e52ba.png

1L8f9b2f.png

:platinum: Mark of the Advocate

Earned all trophies.

Playstation Plus freebie for the month, and yeah that was pretty fun. Certainly helped that it had a lot of trophies, it helped me reach my milestone a lot.

The only real problem is the gauntlet trophy, and yeah I can definitely see some people not being able to plat this due to it. Took me 2 hours to get, guess Trackmania Turbo's was a good practice.

Otherwise, very easy and fast plat.

January 18, 2020

Platinum #112

L1398d7.png

Marvel Spider Man

1La2014d.png

:platinum:Be Greater
Collect all Trophies

Y'know, I really wish this game would've... been greater

hehe

The early hours of this game are fantastic, it really makes you feel like Batman

I really like the battle system in this, but by the end of the game they start adding some very annoying types of enemies that aren't that fun to fight.

Some of the optional content can feel a bit samey after a while, which is frustrating. The 100% grind was a bit annoying, not gonna lie.

The plot is really dumb, none of the bad things that happened would've happened if the people involved had a fucking brain

But I guess if they did, I might've end up agreeing with the villains. And can't have that on my AAA game.

The characters are pretty fun, tho. Spider-Man has a ton of their quirky dialogue, and Mary Jane is pretty cute.

Those stealth sections are pretty bad tho, they should've cut those out of the game. Outside of maybe the last one, none of them really add to the plot.

Looking forward to playing the DLC, but not New Game+

January 20, 2020

Platinum #113

Lb5e3df.png

Kingdom Hearts II

1Lc76946.png

:platinum:KINGDOM HEARTS II Master
Obtain all trophies.

Reveal hidden contents

Picked this on release, as I wanted to get the KH II plat on both platforms before playing KH III, but I kinda got tired of it, so I ended up dropping it.

Decided to go back to it, as I wanted to get this done before the remind dlc came out.

Gotta be honest with y'all, after playing KH III and all the HD collections and all that, I can safely say that KH II is the best one by a mile.

The other one are fine (Some real stinkers, but when they're good they're good), but KH II is a masterpiece, it's still one of the best games of all time. It's combat is unmatched, even to this day.

But it's definitely showing it's age. It almost shocked me how slow Sora walks in this, especially after playing III. Thankfully, unlocking Dodge Roll is not that hard, so that's what kept me sane after 10 ~ 15 hours... but earlier than that, I don't think I'll ever want to do that again.

It kinda feels like you have to unlock all skills to really make the game feel right.

And with that, this will probably be the last time I'll ever play this game, and considering that, it's nice that this is the best version of the game by far, unlike the bad PS3 version. Load Times are no issue, the 60fps is really nice (Even if some cutscenes glitch out because of it) and I didn't get that stupid bug at the final battle.

btw, could've gotten this plat weeks ago, but noticed that I've platted the PS3 version this same day 5 years ago, so I though I'd hold out and get it on the same day

khiihaj6u.png

Kinda proud of myself for that.

January 27, 2020

L14da0b.png

1Lc3768a.png

:platinum:All The Goat!
Unlock all the Goat Trophies!

Even back then, when I platted the PS3 version years and years back, I knew that at some point I would end up platting the PS4 ver too.

I mean, it is a pretty easy plat... but the thought of paying for this twice was a bit too much to bear.

But hey, it came on this month's PS+, so there's a chance to get it again. And there it is.

April 5, 2020

Platinum #115

L16e95f.png

1Le468e9.png

:platinum:Desperately Seeking Dingo
Collect all trophies

sino5jwt.png

Note: That was my Avatar at the time

April 15, 2020

Platinum #116

L33021d.png

1L3b1f2a.png

:platinum:A Sonic Hero
Earned every trophy.

You guys wanna hear a funny joke? I brought this day one.

I always wanted to get the platinum of a Sonic game; I like him and his games, and I especially liked the "boost" games a la Unleashed and Generations... but the idea of playing those kinds of games at 30fps is gross to me (Played a bit of Unleashed on PS3, ew). I'll gladly just keep my PC version of Generations, thank you very much.

But Forces, I though that would been it, it does run at 60fps and a pretty stable at that; and it's also on current gen systems, so no need to dig up that old PS3!

I really should've done that, especially now since I would end up getting Generations on PS3 due to Humble Bundle.

Even going though the effort of downloading a game on that pos would've been a better idea, because Forces... is not that good.

Sonic Forces would actually have been "fine" if it came out early in the generation, and there were other 3D Sonic games available to play on the PS4 too. But as the only 3D one, and as a game that came out just months after Mania... oof

Classic Sonic is the only part of the game that I would really call "bad" because he just plays like shit; it's hard to explain, but they somehow made him play worse than in Generations. Also, the music in his stages sound like garbage

The Avatar stages just feel like Modern Sonic without the boost mechanic. They can be fun, and I appreciate that they do give a ton of customization options, but they just make me wish I was playing as Modern Sonic instead.

Modern Sonic is pretty cool, but they removed the drift from Unleashed/Generations, which removes a ton of the more advanced moves you could pull off in previous games. But still, when you get into a groove, it still feels amazing, and there's just nothing else like it.

But what really kills this game is the fact that stages take 1~2 minutes to beat, even when you play them for the first time. So right when you're having fun, the stages are done; you don't even get a proper listen of the game soundtrack, which outside of the Classic Sonic stages, there are some real jams in here.

And even as short as they are, they try to pad out the stages by adding cutscenes with QTE and cutscenes... Which is very weird because Sonic games are made assuming you're gonna be replaying these stages to try and get the fastest time (And Forces definitely was made with that in mind considering the SOS missions), so when you replay a stage, you just have to keep seeing the same scenes and doing the QTE over and over again, which is very annoying, I sure hope they'll never do that again.

But y'know, the game is fine. If you got it on PS+, I think it's worth a play; you can waste a afternoon with it and feel good about yourself.

This platinum though? Fuck no, the amount of times it requires you to replay the stages is way too much; you basically have to play most of the stages at least 4 times to get all collectibles and do all of the missions, and let me tell you, that's no fun. And even after that, you'll still have to grind a few hours to get all honor and 100,000 rings (Who tf asks you to get 100,000 rings in a Sonic game?). It doesn't require you to invest that much time into it (Guide says 30 hours), but it sure feels like it.

Rant done, I never want to play this again.

EDIT: The UI in the game is really, really amazing, just retrying a stage is loads of fun because of it. Sega clearly took inspiration from Persona 5 with it; I sure hope future titles will have UI that's just as good.

May 10, 2020

Platinum #117

L9d7d58.png

1Laaf759.png

:platinum:Complete the Gears of Destiny
Acquire all trophies.

Reveal hidden contents

This game is not good, but it's not bad. It's just kinda there, which is probably the worst thing a game can be these days.

But there's a weird heart to this one; it almost feels like a game a kid would make.

Not "A kid would make" kinda game (Game development is haaard) but more like "A game a kid wishes they could make"

And, at the very least, I can tell that the people who worked on it cared a lot about it. Which just makes me more sad about the results.

Ton of effort went into it, but it just feels misguided. Y'know, like what a kid would make.

The lack of Voice Acting is a real shame, game feels like it was made with them being there in mind.

Wouldn't recommend to anyone, but glad I played it.

The trophies are garbage tho. Game took me 10 hours to finish, but had to spend another 10 on some dumb RNG trophies.

May 24, 2020

Platinum #118

L6add17.png

1L0ff030.png

:platinum:Guacamastery
Obtain every trophy in the game

They still got it, it's just as good as the first one, if not better.

The humor is still god awful, but at this point, I wouldn't want it any other way.

July 21, 2020

Platinum #119

L683f79.png

1Lc0173f.png

:platinum:Platinum
Unlock all trophies

Sorry if I "offend" any Ducati fans out there, but this game was boring as shit.

Apparently this was supposed to be DLC to a Ride game, and I can definitely see that.

This would be perfectly fine as DLC, but as a full game, there's barely any content here.

Which would be fine, I got it for cheap after all. But god, they make you do so, so many races.

It's not fun.

Ducati, if you're reading this, DON'T invite me for your 100th anniversary, because I'M NOT GOING!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 23, 2020

Platinum #120

Lad93dd.png

1L394daf.png

:platinum:The Phenomenal Phantom Thief
Obtained all trophies.

Not gonna lie, I've always been a bit skeptical of these updated version of Atlus games, because I never felt like they matched up to their original versions.

"The Answer" in P3 FES was a disgrace, but if you just play "The Journey" it's perfectly fine

P3 Portable is quite impressive for a PSP port, but wouldn't trade it over the original

I'm one of those weird people that prefer the original Persona 4 instead of Golden

Catherine: Full Body having the complete vanilla game playable, while really cool, kinda sends me mixed signals

And don't even get me started on their 3DS ports, where they just shat on the art style of the original games.

But y'know... they did good with this one. Maybe it's because it came so close to the original game (Bit wack charging full $60 for an updated version of a game on a console I could just play the original game, but whatever), but I feel like the changes they made where mostly for the best.

Even the new semester, which I was a bit worried because I really love the original game ending, was somehow really well handled; the way they managed to fit it in without losing the original game ending was quite the sigh. And this is from the people who came up with Marie lol.

There's definitely some changes I don't agree with, but overall, I'd definitely recommend this version over the original, unless you really want a harder platinum trophy.

Or you want Ryuji saying that he was a phantom thief out loud every 5 minutes. Now that I think about it, that was definitely done for a reason.

Anyways, since the game blocks sharing, I though I'd share this particular shot from the new semester, because it's a really cool shot. Took it my capture card.

P5 Royal Spoilers

Reveal hidden contents

September 8, 2020

Platinum #121

L582931.png

1L8d039c.png

:platinum:Biggest Fan
Collect All Trophies

Let me start by saying that I'm not this game's "Biggest Fan". It's a very mediocre online shooter that you'd better off playing anything else.

I especially remember watching it's trailer at the EA "E3" event, and I couldn't help but think "This game ain't lasting a year".

And it sure looks like that'll be the case, as 2 weeks after it came out it was already 80% of discount, and they were giving out free codes for the game.

Which I was one of the lucky few.

Since there's a little milestone I wanna hit, I wanted to start getting some random trophies, "so yeah, let's play this".

And now, here we are.

Don't bother with this one. The grind for 1 character lv 100 + 5 character lv 25 is too much

Platinum #123

Ldaaa68.png

1Lc8e66a.png

:platinum:You've Only Done Everything
Found all trophies in ASTRO's PLAYROOM. See you in our next adventure!

Reveal hidden contents

Normally I'd try to say something about the plats I get... but this game comes free with your PS5.

And, I'll admit that I did feel underwhelmed when I got to play after hearing people talking about how amazing the Dualsense features shown here were.

But, after some time had passed and I stopped thinking about it, it definitely felt a lot better.

The Dualsense really is great when you're not thinking about how great it is.

So I'll just say that you should play it; it's really fun and it comes free with your PS5. Why not?

January 20, 2021

Platinum #124

Lbf9c8d.png

1Lc0b251.png

:platinum:13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim
Acquired all trophies!

I remember a few years ago, when I played Odin Sphere on PS4.

Most people praise the gameplay and graphics of that game, but one thing that stuck out to me was the writing.

That game had really good writing, every line a character meant something, and the cutscenes were juuuust right, long enough to be enjoyable but short enough to not be distracting.

And while the plot of that game kinda falls apart by the end, since they really had to force those characters to those locations because making games that pretty is hard dammit, it was something that really stuck out to me.

So the idea of Vanillaware making a visual novel was, while very confusing, very interesting.

But not only it's a visual novel, but it's one set in modern times, with mechas and shit.

I sure love me some giant robots, but Vanillaware art really shines for fantasy games, and to be honest, this game doesn't prove me otherwise.

But despite being something that I would never expect to happen, they really pulled it off

The story they pulled off.

The gameplay is kinda baffling.

Like, I get it, how the fuck would they pull off a full on mecha game?

This really feels like it was the only way they could pull it off.

But maaaaannn.

But disappointing as the battles can be, my god, how did they pull off a story this good?

It does lack the really out there plot twists of other games like it, but this is way above anything else in terms of gaming.

There's always something going on, you never stay 5 minutes without something happening.

And even having 13 characters that you can see their stories in any order you'd want, the story still manages to be easily understandable.

Because every thing you do, every line of dialogue spoken is relevant, they all have a meaning.

And not only in the context of itself, but cutscene will have something to offer you no matter the order you're playing.

A cutscene that would contain a very shocking revelation if you played with another character first will still work even if you haven't seen that other character story, and when you go to that character story and see their event, you'll connect the dots and have that same realization you'd have otherwise.

How the fuck did this game get made?

January 20, 2021

Platinum #125 (And trophy 7000)

Laf7462.png

1Lf4cf87.png

:platinum:Divine Blade
Mastered Trails of Cold Steel IV and earned every trophy.

Here it is, the "End of Saga"

DRd9pobXkAINV9E.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

I'll avoid saying too much to avoid spoilers, but you'll definitely like this one if you've played the other ones.

It is the weakest of the 4 games, though. There are some very questionable things that happens in this one.

But overall, I'm very happy with it.

Buuut, I wish there was an epilogue like Cold Steel II's, that would've been the icing on the cake the game needed.

Kind of a bummer that they'd left that for Hajimari instead.

Reveal hidden contents

And with that, I finally managed to pull off something that I was planning to do ever since I got my Cold Steel II plat 4 years ago.

I put all of the CS games on my milestones.

cs43b1jts.png

cs2psr4jlj.png

cs1psfnjta.png

Even managed to get CSIV twice there, very proud of myself.

It was something that I wanted to do, since I though just having CS1 and 2 there without 3 and 4 would be a bit sad.

But not doing that again.

Did require me to play a ton of wacky easy plats, since by the time I finished CS4 I had 6500 trophies.

Had to play a bunch of easy games with lots of trophies to reach this point, but that was a fun experience.

January 21, 2021

Had these games basically done while I was working towards getting my 7000th milestone.

And now that I'm done, decided to pop 'em up.

Platinum #126

L48c1f5.png

(The Sims 4)

1L718efb.png

:platinum: Ultimate Sim Guru
Earn all trophies.

Yeeeah, playing The Sims with a controller is not great.

Definitely made use of the gallery, else I'd definitely wouldn't do this.

For those who'd want to try this, do play it on the PS5.

It runs the game pretty well, even with a full family.

Was very confused when the guide said to "Delete members of the party to make it run faster", but I think I get it now.

Platinum #127

L479a37.png

1Lf4cd41.png

:platinum: OCD
Get all other trophies in the game

I do like the new voice acting, the voices are perfect for the characters.

But maaan, maybe it would've been funnier back in the 90's, but the humor is pretty dated.

Platinum #128

L1c4c24.png

1Lfc7cba.png

:platinum: My Name is Mayo - The Second!
High Cholesterol, High Reward.

It's what I say.

Trophy hunt, and soon enough you'll be touching the mayo.

January 22, 2021

Platinum #129

L931c1f.png

1L22a045.png

:platinum: All Trophies Obtained
For obtaining all trophies.

Glad I've waited on this one, recently they patched Big Bang so that you could grind Tetris pieces on them.

I'd go mad if I had to grind 'em for real lol

Why did I buy this?

I actually remember being really excited for this, since I really liked the first game.

And boy, this sure is the first game again.

They probably just made this one as fast as possible to be the first next gen puzzle game out there.

The only real difference between this and the first is the new story mode

Which is kinda trash

The story in the first game wasn't a masterpiece, but it was very cute

It even made me feel a bit emotional at the end

This one, though, yeesh.

It's very clear that they're just trying to imitate what the first game did, but not being able to actually pull it off.

Some of the cutscenes were pretty painful to watch lol

Some even made me question "They made the voice actors say that?"

Yeah fuck it, I'll whine about the story in a puzzle game made for children.

I'll say that the PS5 version is pretty neat, load times are a lot faster than the PS4's.

And that's all you really need for a game like this, just lemme turn it on and get me to a game quickly.

I'll give credit to the new special attacks animation, they sure look great.

March 8, 2021

Platinum #130

Ld35fc2.png

1Lbfed98.png

:platinum: It's all Relative
Collected every trophy. Congratulations!

Idk what came over me, but left this game with just one trophy to pop for months.

Picked this up because I needed to get lots of trophies to reach a milestone, and this game had 64 of 'em, so felt like a no brainer.

Especially since I do have a copy of the second game that I've never played.

Honestly, if there was anything I wanted to say about this, I completely forgot by now.

But Kat's pretty cute, so there's that

gravityrushremastered1djpa.png

March 12, 2021

Lafb814.png

1L4e08a4.png

:platinum: Platinum Spaghetti
Get all other trophies

It's easy to get biased when a new generation comes, thinking that your new console is the absolute top of the line.

Good thing there's always games like this that run like dogshit to make you realize that these games do have their limitations still.

March 13, 2021

La608e8.png

1Ld2b635.png

:platinum: Platinum Spaghetti
Get all other trophies

Though I'd get the PS4 done version too, since I've just done the PS5 one.

But to my surprise, I couldn't download the PS4 version of the game to my PS5, which is not great.

Decided to dig my good 'ol PS4 for this

And god, it's as loud as ever.

I'm so glad the PS5 is so quiet

EDIT: For Fucks Sake, I just found out how to get the PS4 ver on PS5

April 11, 2021

Platinum #133

L94d873.png

1L42d689.png

:platinum: True Phantom Thief
Earned all trophies.

In a way, this is basically a Persona 5 version of The Answer from Persona 3

It's a sequel to the events of the original game, and it doesn't have social links/confidants.

They're also both similar as in they're a fucking disgrace,

God, I haven't felt this angry about a game in years.

Fuck this stupid ass game.

It's kinda hard to really shit on a game like this because it's the kind of game that you're gonna know if you'd wanna play it or not.

Personally, I wasn't that interested in the game, I was very bummed out by how the story turned out in Persona 4 Arena, and Atlus releasing a Persona 3 Dancing game of all things. Y'know, the game where that certain someone dies? haha look at them moooooves

But knowing myself, I knew I would end up playing this eventually, so fuck it, I'll just buy it know lmao.

First things first, this game is hideous.

Here's a screenshot of Persona 5 Royal

persona5royal_2021041uejz2.jpg

Now here's a screenshot of Strikers

persona5strikers_2021jbk1i.jpg

Like holy shit, I haven't played a game where I straight up did not wanna look at it.

The whole game just feels off, everything you look look like shit compared to the original game.

Eventually you do get used to it, but the first hours or so, yeesh.

The game itself it's fine, it's an Action RPG made by people who make those Musou games.

It's way more similar to P5 than you'd think

Would've been better as a musou, honestly.

But it's enjoyable I guess, not my cup of tea.

All the P5 features feel tacked on here.

But the real problem here is the story.

It stinks, it makes me irrationally angry, but it's the kind of stuff that's hard to explain without giving spoilers.

So I'll just focus on two things.

1º Problem: The game is weirdly concerned with not spoiling the events of the first game.

Makes sense, y'know. Strikers is the only Persona 5 game on Switch and PC, so I can understand that they'd make it approachable to newcomers.

Heck, good idea for those who wanted to play P5, but don't wanna play that stupid "turn based" game.

But they done in a way that makes no sense.

These are not your favorite characters from the hit videogame "Persona 5", these are aliens disguising as them.

Ann does not mention Shiho once. That's fucking creepy.

The characters being gross oversimplification of them in these Persona sequels, but at least they have their backstories on them.

Everyone just feels wrong here.

But that pales in comparison to the real issue

2º Problem: Persona 5 Royal did whatever this game tried to do so much better

So apparently Royal and Strikers were developed at the same time, and apparently there was no communication between the two studios.

Which is a bummer, but it's ok. I would've liked the new characters from that game to be here, but what can you do?

But an interesting thing here is that the new story in Royal and the story in Strikers are very similar, they were both trying to make the antagonists more sympathetic.

Which I think makes a lot of sense, the villains in Persona 5 were quite frankly, cartoon'y villains, they were irredeemably evil.

And that was the point, you weren't supposed to care about them, because the game wasn't about them.

Persona 5 is arguably one of the most cynical and depressing games out there, because it was so desperately calling for attention towards itself.

And that was important for the game to convey it's message, a very important message in this day and age.

Yes, there was some very contrived, baffling and stupid shit that happens in that game, but it was necessary for the game to hit those notes.

Sure, you could definitely done that without being the most stupid game out there, but game development is haaaard.

Especially for a game that was trying to convey THAT message. A very hard thing to convey... and still be in Super Smash Bros.

So for a sequel, it'd make sense to make the villains more like sympathetic, that would be the natural evolution.

And golly gee, doesn't the new semester hit you like a truck?

The character traumas in that made a lot of sense, they felt like stuff that could really happen to your everyday person, and they tied nicely to their motivations and how the plot unfolded.

Sure, there's lots wrong with it, but it was a great addition to the game.

In Strikers, there's one character with a backstory so goddamn ridiculous that I've just started laughing when I saw that. The game really pulled a Sword Art Online on me, smh.

And none of their backstories tie in to the main plot, they could've be as evil as last time and the plot would be the exact same. Which makes it that obnoxious when they just shove their trauma up your face.

Why do I need to fight the ghost of their trauma!?

Why is "they used my name to sell stuff" a trauma!? GROW THE FUCK UP

The only reason for them to have sad backstories and shit is so the Phantom Thieves can say "They weren't as evil as last time".

I swear, every time someone spoke in this game, I could hear that certain someone screaming SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

God, I wish he were here. Would make no sense, but would make it more enjoyable.

Fuck this game.

I actually ended up just skipping the cutscenes at the end.

I try to watch the cutscenes of every game, no matter how boring they can be, but I couldn't stomach for this.

April 15, 2021

Platinum #134

L561a54.png

1Le9585c.png

:platinum: King of the Monstrums

Finish "Balduq Prison" by Adol Christin in its entirety by earning all Trophies.

This one is for all of you that say that I've never read a book ?

I was very happy with this one, they really improved their level design and the new powers are lots of fun to use.

And this is the first Ys game that I'd say has a good story. It's very poorly told with garbage pacing and plot points that don't really matter, but there are some very cool stuff in here.

Shame the game is a bit ugly; not "I don't wanna look at this shit" ugly, but it doesn't look great compared to Ys VIII.

But it does like the game drags on more than it should, which is a bit funny since the game is actually shorter than 8. I think it's the long ass cutscenes without voice acting, there's too much of those here.

Funny how Cold Steel IV took me 140 hours to complete and I was ready to play for another 100 easy, while this one that took me 50 hours I was dragging myself to play it.

But when the game is good, the game is good.

June 7, 2021

L27c659.png

1Lf88e71.png

:platinum: Master Marsupial
Get EVERY trophy

Reveal hidden contents

202106070416573qk9w.jpg

20210607041707dzjvu.jpg

It

It actually took me longer to beat a Crash game

than Persona 5

How tf did that happen!?

June 20, 2021

Platinum #136

L8deb0e.png

1L92133e.png

:platinum: Ace Attorney Trilogy
Get every trophy.

Humans are beings of irrational desires.

And as a human myself, I too had an irrational desire.

I wanted this platinum.

These are games that I've played back in my teens, and I really liked them

These games were my jam, I remember playing them until late on a DS emulator haha.

Heck, I was so happy that the second trilogy was coming to Android devices (Never owned a 3DS to plat AA5 and AA6), that not only I brought and played Dual Destinies and Spirits of Justice on my phone, but I even brought Apollo Justice and played through it, despite not only having played back then too, but it being quite frankly the worst game I've ever played.

Apollo Justice is horrible, but considering how I've managed to play through it again despite being a stinky ass game, I though I would be able to replay these games.

I was very concerned about replaying these games as these are Visual Novels, the games are basically just text, so if I've already read those texts before, would I really enjoy these games again?

But once I've realized that I had replayed fucking Apollo Justice of all games, I thought I would be able to do that.

Especially now with Great Ace Attorney coming out next month, I thought it would've been the perfect time to replay these.

I'll admit, one thing is replaying a single, another is replaying 3 games in a row.

It definitely gotten tiring, and I had to force myself to play these at some point. For reasons that I'll get onto soon, I hope.

The best way to talk about these games is to talk about each game individually, as they greatly differ in quality.

But before I get to that, I wanna talk about the graphics of the remaster.

Phoenix-Wright-HD-Sprites-ace-attorney-3

I was made aware that Phoenix only blinks one eye in this state.

I was cursed with this knowledge, so I'll inflict upon you all.

I believe they just traced over the original game sprites, which is not the worst idea I guess.

These were originally GBA games, which has 240x160 resolution, so it's understandable that they had to do something to the sprites.

But these new sprites don't look so hot, wish they had put more effort into them, or at least gimme the option for the original ones upscaled.

Also these games are hella glitchy.

I even had to reset my PS5 at certain points because the game would just freeze at certain points and not even quitting the game and restarting from the menu would work.

Never played a game where that happened.

And with that, my opinions about each game:

The First Game:

The first game is incredible, I had completely forgotten just how good it really is.

What really shocked me was just how simple the game really is, it's really easy to tell what to do and everyone's motivations and situations are very simple actually.

Most games like this (Including future AA titles) would end up having very complicated plots, because I'd imagine everyone (myself included) wants their murder mysteries to be complicated, and most modern games like this are complex.

I like games like this to be complicated, but this was like, a 2001 GBA game and the first of the series, I can definitely give it a break.

Especially when it's simplicity is it's strongest point.

It's honestly so, so good to just pile evidence a top of evidence on the culprits without having to think.

Future titles would become too complicated, and thus you can't just yeet evidence in the way you can do in this.

And this is the only game in the trilogy that has no filler, it truly feels like each chapter had a purpose.

And the soundtrack, oh my god the soundtrack.

One of the best and most iconic out there.

I'm sure every one of you heard it somewhere at some point.

Noriyuki Iwadare did the Grandia II soundtrack, obviously he was the best guy for a soundtrack for a game about a lawyer.

But if I do have to complain, I'd say you present a lot of illegal evidence in this.

You just get in places you shouldn't go and steal stuff and then present them in court.

I don't they did their legal research very well.

At one point a character says "Accidental Murder is still Murder", like no, that Manslaughter.

And there's also "Rise from the Ashes", a new chapter that was added for the DS version of the game, that is featured in this collection.

I do like the DS version as unlike the second and third game, they did add some extra stuff, like touching up the soundtrack to remove that GBA jank and adding this extra chapter.

But I don't like "Rise from the Ashes"

I'll admit, I do have a bit of a trauma for this, as they added this "minigame" where you had to use the DS microphone to blow up some dust (Exciting stuff)

But since I was playing on an emulator on a PC without a mic, that gave me some real headache.

I believe I did eventually manage to do that and complete it, but oof.

I don't like using the microphone on any game, I'm sorry.

"Rise from the Ashes" adds a lot of stuff that used the DS capabilities.

Some are pretty cool, like being able to rotate evidence (Even Resident Evil copied that), but most feels extremely tacked on and forced.

And they were not a priority in this remaster, no doubt. They feel like garbage here, they did the bare minimum in this remaster.

I have issues with the plot too, but I don't wanna get into spoiler.

If it weren't for trophies, I would've skipped it, easily.

Justice for All (Second Game):

Justice for All stinks, easily the worst of the trilogy.

I heard that this game was rushed, and yeah, I can see that.

The soundtrack is terrible. Iwadare did not work on this, and boy it shows.

I understand that the GBA had garbage sound by default, but the difference in the quality of the soundtrack is staggering.

It really is distracting, and a real detriment to the game.

And also this game features "Turnabout Big Top", the lowest point in the entire franchise.

Personally I still think "Turnabout Senerade" from Apollo is the worst shit I've seen in my entire life, but from an objective standpoint, this is flawed to the core.

There is a very, very, VERY obvious plot hole that they never address, and it is baffling that they didn't even talk about it.

Reveal hidden contents

They also made the game a lot more complicated by adding the Psyche-Locks.

Cool idea, but it made me a lot easier for me to get completely lost in the game. It really doesn't feel as simple as the original.

I do like how you can present character profiles, that's something that was missing in the original.

But if you have the patience and stick with it, you'll get to the final chapter "A Farewell to the Turnabout"

A real reward for sticking around with the game, and a real standout of a trial, definitely one of the series best.

Personally I didn't quite enjoy it as much the second time, but this is the one where knowing what happens in the end does detract a bit from it.

But I bet it's a treat for those who never played it before, no doubt. There's nothing else in the series that's as anxiety inducing as this.

The soundtrack of this being terrible does detract a lot from it, sadly.

Trials and Tribulations (Third Game):

Noriyuki's Iwadare is back baby, and oh, the soundtrack is so good.

Not as iconic as the original, no doubt, but it feels so nice hearing good music after the second game.

This, as a game, is a lot better than the second game, but it also feels like it was running out of ideas.

I can definitely tell why the creator decided to leave the franchise after this one (At least until Great Ace Attorney)

The big standout is "Bridge to the Turnabout", no doubt the very best in the franchise.

This is such an incredible end to the series, it really tied it all together in an amazing way, and I was just as shook by it on my second playthrough as the first time I've played it.

Almost started crying when I saw that final picture.

But I wish the game had worked toward it's final chapter more.

Chapter 1 and 4 were related to the final 5th chapter, but chapters 2 and 3 had nothing to do with it.

"Stolen Turnabout" and "Recipe for Turnabout" are very fun and very creative chapters, yeah.

Fuck it, I'm a sucker for the "Impostor acting like another person really badly, but everyone believes them anyway", that's the funniest shit for me, it never gets old.

But they weirdly feel "too creative", like it really feels like they ran out of ideas, and it's kinda sad in a way.

I just wish they had reworked these chapters to connect better with the final chapter.

There's a real good callback to the third chapter on the final one that really made me wish the game put more effort into tidying it all together.

As fun as those are, they sadly feel like filler.

It sadly stops this stellar game from being more than that.

Final Opinions:

Really glad I played through these again, it really made me respect these games a lot more.

August 14, 2021

Platinum #137

L396fa0.png

1L025021.png

:platinum: The Great Ace Attorney
For being awarded all other accolades

Now here's a game I never though I'd actually play (without a fantranslation, at least)

When the game was actually announced to come out in English, I just had to jump in as soon as I could.

I had been dying to play a good Ace Attorney game ever since the original trilogy.

After that, the only one I'd actually call "good" was Investigations 2, but that doesn't have the Trials sections, and you have to play the boring ass first game for that.

Ace Attorney 6 was better than the sum of it's parts, but when the game was bad, oof.

Poor NEO Twewy, had it pre-ordered way before this was announced, but since they both released at the same time I just had to prioritize this.

I'll be honest, playing this on the big screen is weird, I'd definitely advise you to play this on the Switch instead.

Not only it's a very text heavy game, but since these were 3DS games originally you can really tell the graphics imperfections on the big screen.

Personally, I ended up buying one of those clamps for clamping my phone to a dual shock 4, then playing with Remote Play on my phone.

That works wonders, if you're gonna play it on PS5, I'd definitely recommend doing that.

Remote Play on PS4 isn't as good, sadly.

As of the game, I was very impressed by it, the graphics looks stellar for a 3DS game, with some incredible animation work (for the 3DS) and one of the finest soundtracks to ever grace my ears.

I'd rather not talk too much about 'em since they were not the kind of games I was expecting, very different from what I had in mind.

I'd advise playing the original trilogy before this one, personally. It really plays with your expectations you get from those games.

October 9, 2021

Platinum #140

L03be5d.png

1L165189.png

:platinum: Arisen
A testament to the knowledge gained from both worlds after many adventures and even more battles.

This is my biggest disappointment of this year.

But it's not because this game was a disappointing to me.

I am disappointment in myself for expecting anything from a god damn Tales game.

And honestly, I couldn't help myself, the demo honestly felt amazing to play, and when I saw that 87 on Metacritic, I couldn't help myself.

But when I finally got the game for myself, it quickly dawned on the that yeah, this is a Tales game dammit... and one that has more problems than normal.

So I've played a few Tales games: Graces, Abyss, Symphonia, Xillia, Zestiria...

And I can definitely say that these aren't my favorite games.

They're fine enough JRPG's, and I didn't mind playing them. They're decent enough games.

Except Zestiria, I don't like Zestiria; I even brought Berseria, but didn't play it yet because it's connected to Zest lmao.

But Arise, it truly felt like Tales wanted to get it's shit together and join in with the big boys, because oh boy, did they get that $$$$

The budget was increased tremendously, and this game looks incredible:

talesofarise_20211008jfkrl.jpg

I'm so used to my JRPG's looking like a big chunk of polygons, so to have a game in the genre looking this nice is quite a revelation.

It will be hard to go back to how things were, for sure.

I do wish the soundtrack was better.

They finally game Motoi Sakuraba an actual budget, with an orchestra and everything

and I can't even remember a single track from the game.

Guess Namco is still asking him to make music that just blends in the background.

All right, so the story.

This is, without a doubt, one of the worst plots I've seen in a game, and certainly the worst I've played from Tales so far.

And the actual reason is pretty obvious: Bandai Namco though making a plot of a Tales game be about slavery.

They do that, games like Code Vein and Scarlet Nexus, it's clear that they just came up with some shit that looked cool and make up some plot around it.

But y'know... Slavery is a bit of a sensitive topic; you kinda need a bit of nuance when talking about it.

But there's no nuance here, it's clear that they picked this subject purely for Marketing reasons

"Me slave? I don't wanna be slave, I am gonna fight to not be a slave"

That's an easily understood motivation for your characters, and for potential consumers alike.

It is very clear that this game does not want to engage in any serious discussions about it's subject of Slavery

and it does everything in it's power to avoid any resemblance of a discussion

to the point where the story itself gets incomprehensible very fast.

And there is nothing I hate more than a story that makes me question everything that happens on screen.

That shit is not fun; I get that no story is perfect, but I wanna keep my suspend of disbelief, thank you.

Aaaand before you come here trying to correct me, yes, they do say that some oppressors are good people and some oppressed are bad people, thank you very much.

Also, that not how a plot about slavery should be.

But that doesn't even matter when the story completely train wrecks at the end, completely killing anything good that could come from it.

But you what's even more unfortunate? The battle system.

Arise's battle system is incredible, it truly feels like they finally made something that could rival Graces f battle system.

They added this "Sekiro Meter" to it where, if you can keep a combo going, you can insta kill an enemy even if their HP is not completely gone.

Pulling that off always feels amazing, I always want to do it.

And they added some elements from modern videogames

Enemies have telegraphed attacks, you attack with :r1: (?), you have Perfect Dodge/Guard and when a boss does a Mystic Artes, instead of you just taking the hit, that move is a move that you can actually dodge.

Like wow, just like... God of War

But God did they fuck up.

A very obvious problem is the Cure Points (CP), so now to heal you have to use a meter.

... Which makes early game feels like garbage. By late game you can stock on CP healing items, but it sure made my first hours with game miserable.

Another problem is the lack of dodge cancelling. So you can't cancel an Arte when they're already being used.

"ooops, you're using a special move, but the enemy is going to attack? touch luck bucko"

That might've been fine before, but now bosses do not stagger when hit.

Normal enemies can be staggered easily after a Perfect Dodge/Guard, which feels amazing to pull off, but not bosses.

They can stagger, but it takes a whole lot of effort to do, and even then they don't stay staggered enough for you to do a full combo on them.

But even if that wasn't an issue, there is so much shit going on the screen that I find it really hard to see what my enemy's up to.

And I'm not the only one with that issue, because the AI of your partners is hot garbage.

I don't even know why they bothered to add cool shit like telegraphs for the attacks when the AI cannot act upon them.

This is the first Tales game where I just said Fuck it and put it on the easiest difficulty, because I did not want to deal with my partners dying all the time and wasting my limited items.

And yeah, the "Boost Attack", the thing I called the "Sekiro Meter" before? Doesn't work on bosses

The thing that makes the battle system fun is not on the boss fights, so they just play like a gimped version of a Tales games.

You can clearly see their HP bars are always divided in 4 sections, implying that they might've planned for them to be there, but for some reason they took it off.

I'm just glad I'm done with this.

If the game looks cool to you, I'd recommend getting the item that doubles the damage caused/received to both parties; that makes the game a whole lot better.

Shame it takes so long to unlock it tho.

EDIT: I forgot to complain about the Skits. These are the worst, nothing's more insufferable than finishing a cutscene and then getting 2/3 skits wherr they just repeat the same stuff that was already said in the damm cutscene. There are far less skits like the ones you'd expect from these games.

October 23, 2021

Platinum #149

Lc0a0a3.png

1Lbd04a0.png

:platinum: Date A Completionist
Obtained all trophies.

Fellas, this game broke me.

Truth be told, I always wanted to try this one out.

I am a big connoisseur for anime trash, and boy, did this look like hot garbage.

But I couldn't handle it.

This is the first visual novel I've played where I've just used the Skip function.

Gonna offer myself to the police now.

October 23, 2021

Platinum #150

L2f6d41.png

1Lb42118.png

:platinum: This Trophy Ends with You
Collected all graffiti.

People love to say shit like

"Oooh, I'd kill for a new [x] game!"

"oooh, I'd sell my soul for a new [y] game!"

Fellas, I think someone did it.

There's no other explanation for why this game exists.

The original game is a very important game to me.

I've played it back when I was in 4th grade, and I though Neku was cool as hell

"He pushes people away, don't wanna talk to anybody" (I was at THAT game)

The game really had an effect on me... even if I completely misread the whole message of the game lol

But I was on 4th grade, leave me alone.

I might not have been the person I am today if I hadn't played the original back then.

So it almost feels weird to play a sequel to it 15 years after the original came out.

Feels like my life has come full circle, in a way.

But what really stuck me is that the game feels straight outta 2007.

This really just feels like The World Ends With You made for a home console.

Even the platinum feels like a game from the PS3 era, with none of the QOL improvements you'd expect from a modern game.

"Oh boy, gotta replay an entire chapter and hope I'll find a random enemy that will hopefully drop a pin I need"

You can't even skip cutscenes (Just fast-forward them), which I though was funny.

I was a bit disappointed with the lack of touchpad support on the Dualshock 4.

It was always a bit of a dream of mine to get a new TWEWY game on PS4 that made use of it, but alas, it will never be.

Thankfully, the battle system here somehow manages to be just as confusing (in a good way) as the original, with only making use of standard controls.

It's honestly pretty impressive how ingenious the battle system is.

This game is honestly just as good as the original.

The story is sadly not as interesting, and it takes from that god awful content from the Switch version of the original.

But it's still a lot better than most JRPG's these days.

I just can't believe Square actually delivered on this.

I just hope more people will pick it up.

It was always a dream of mine to get a TWEWY game on PS4 that made use of it

November 5, 2021

Platinum #152

L0558c8.png

1Lc670c1.png

:platinum: Master Marsupial
Get EVERY trophy

I couldn't help myself.

I already had done it on PS5 a few months, but I've never felt quite satisfied with just it.

I mean, c'mon, the PS4 plat is an actual ultra rare, while the PS5 plat is sitting at around 9%.

So I've been hanging out in a trophy discord, and their challenge for this month was to get an Ultra Rare plat here.

So I though "Why not go for Crash 4 again? My muscle memory should be pretty good"

And surprisingly enough, I was right, it went a lot smoother than my first time.

Perfectionist relics went by pretty smoothly, I already knew where all of the crates were and knew how to deal with the game.

The real problem really is the loading, which is a bit long; fine if this was a normal videogame,

but with how often you'll have to restart a stage due to the Perfectionist relic requirements, you definitely start to notice them.

Playing the PS5 version is definitely preferred, but since I've already had done it before, it went by pretty smoothly on PS4.

The Time Trials went by smoothly too, managed to get better times than my PS5 playthrough.

Even managed to get a Toys for Bob relic, which freaked me out.

Flashback tapes are basically just puzzle stages, so no problems there...

Except when I had problems.

Surprisingly harder than I remember.

N. Verted stages are pretty unfortunate, playing them is just depressing.

Complete waste of time, they're just here so they can slap "Over a 100 stages!" on the box.

Some of the wachy filters they've used (Like the dino world) honestly hurt my eyes.

December 16, 2021

Platinum #155 & 156

Lf9f6cd.png

(PS4 & PS5)

1La605be.png

:platinum: AMONG THE GREATS
Win all trophies

amongus

This game is loads of fun, but playing on Playstation is not optimal.

The controls are pretty weird and laggy.

Also I can use the Geoff Keighley mask on the PC version

unknown.png

People will say that this game is better with friends, but I prefer playing with randoms.

It's infuriating 5 out of 10 times, but those other 5/10 chances where you have a good time with people you have no expectation of, they can be truly magical.

Only brought on PS to get the platinums, though it'd be funny. If you wanna play it, PC ver is way better

Edited by DesmaBR
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

February 5, 2022

#158 (Trophy 8000)

Lacc76c.png

1L8105d0.png

:platinum:A Special Girl
Obtain all trophies.

BLUE_REFLECTION__Second_Light_20220205001308.png

I hate Blue Reflection

It is what I consider the worst game I've ever played.

When people think of "The Worst Game Ever", it's easy to think of easy targets like "Life of Black Tiger" or whatever.

But I think you needed to had some expectation for said game before, being able to look at the finished product and have it break your hear for what could've been. I can't be hurt if I didn't expect anything from something after all.

And, that game looked pretty incredible.

You had a pretty fascinating premise for a game, dealing with teenage depression.

You had some amazing character designs

And the finest damn soundtracks ever conceived by mankind

How could've gone wrong!?!?!

Golly gee, did it go wrong.

It was really clear that they just pissed out and released the game half finished.

Honestly, I think that was one of the games I've most laughed at, some stuff in there are shockingly bad.

And that pisses me off, as there were moments where the game showed what could've been, but the state the game was released, the game was a joke.

And the fanservice was fucking gross, the icing on the shit cake.

Sure, Japanese games are gonna have fanservice, "what's new?", but it's a special kind of gross that pisses me off.

Not only due to the main character of that clearly suffering from depression, and sexualizing a character in that much of a vulnerable state is definitely on my "not good list"

But there's this interview where the devs said that they went to a girls high school and interviewed the students to try and figure out how to make this game.

And I'm sorry, but the fanservice that game had, and having knowledge of that... fuck 'em. Fuck 'em.

Blue Reflection is a disgusting, vile game that just makes me sad.

I think it could've been something truly special, but they just pissed all over it and called it a day.

But I'm a kind soul, I'm willing to give 'em a second chance. A "Second Light" if you will.

So when they announced a sequel to it, I was intrigued to say the least.

... But they just had to fuck it up right from the beginning, because they could not help themselves.

They didn't just announce a game, no no.

They also announced an anime and a mobile game.

The anime would take place before the sequel and I guess the mobile game will take place game after?

So great, I gotta watch an anime before playing this game. It's .hack//sign again.

But it's not just an anime, it's a mothefucking 2 cour anime.

How do you even make a 2 cour anime of Blue Reflection? No fucking idea, but I've decided to give it a try.

I watched like 3 episodes and I just gave it, it is quite shocking how bad it is.

Part of me kinda really wants to do a hate watch of it, because it was honestly pretty funny.

If animes based on a game are made to advertise the game, I'm sure this anime did the complete opposite.

Now, for the game itself...

Fellas, wtf did I just play?

I'll say it right now, this game is a lot better than it has any right to be.

And I'm sure it's all because of the one and only Akira Tsuchiya (Ar tonelico creator), as he's credited as the Producer of the game.

Any real good this game has is due to the writing, which is clearly my boy Akira strongest suit.

Doing the Dates (as the game calls it) is a bit annoying, but they're really the game's strong suit.

I've played tons of games that have stuff like this where the character just say shit like "Cool tree, right?" "Yeah, it sure does photosynthesis"

But here, even dumb scenes like characters looking at a space suit can have a surprisingly amount of depth here, and that's just because the characters here are really strong.

You can look at a character like Rena and immediately think "Oh, it's one of thoooose characters", but be very surprised with her later on.

The game does the best it can with them... because boy, the actual plot is shocking.

Idk if it's the anime's fault or whatever, but it is an insane plot that retcons the first game so bad, and it makes it somehow even worse now.

Every time time the plot would come out, I would just think "wtf"

A big issue the plot has is amnesia.

Somehow, all of the characters have amnesia here, yes even including the main character from the first game.

Any kind of plot progression is due to a character going "Oh, I remember now!"

God, amnesia is dumb.

The soundtrack is also distressingly worse than the original.

Yeah, they got Hayato Asano back for this, and dude's a beast.

But sadly, it just doesn't feel like he was trying with this.

I do think the best pieces of media out there are the one that are effortless, you don't even feel like they're trying.

But like, there are three boss themes for this games.

The original had three boss themes... for each boss.

I found that to be really distracting honestly, especially when tracks from the original game started playing here.

Honestly, I'm confused.

I'm glad I've played it, but it's pretty clear to me now that Gust is incapable of delivering what this franchise could.

I hope this series dies off, and that they let my boy Tsuchiya make one of those games of his again.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

April 11, 2022

Platinum #168

L1bc26a.png

1Lcae65b.png

:platinum:Woah!
Earn all the other trophies.

Golly gee, it is finally done.

I picked it up on a sale back in 2020, and just kinda left it there, thinking I would've played it when I was in the mood for a tough game.

Then, my nephew came to my house one day on that year and asked if I had this Crash Racing game, and since I had it, I popped it in.

Understandably, he thought it was too hard for him, and gave up on the game.

Though, while doing this test run, I've ended up unlocking a trophy. Oops.

Then I decided to start the game for real, so I go into Adventure mode and start off a new game on Hard.

These days I just like to start my games on the hardest difficulty, get that band-aid off, you 'know?

Let me tell you, the only way you'd get more humbled than starting this game on Hard without knowing anything about it, is by heading to your local dojo and getting your ass handed by children.

Hard mode is brutal, the AI knows all of the tricks the game has and it will leave you eating dust.

When I first tried it, it was quite shocking. I even tried looking up on the internet what it was I had to do, but I just couldn't figure it out.

I just got scared and shelved the game then. I did knew that I just had to learn it, but back when, I was not in the mood to learn this one.

Then, I decided to go back to it recently.

I was playing a game that was really, really slow paced, and I just needed some action in between, so I've returned.

And surprise, surprise; I was  actually able to win a race on Hard.

Took me a while and many tries until I could finally win, but eventually the game just clicks.

Once it clicks, it's smooth sailing from there.

The platinum is really annoying though, I think I'd rather plat Crash 4 for the third time than do this again.

The AI on Hard is definitely ruthless, and will attack you with items at the most inconvenient times possible.

So many retries...

Thankfully the Time Trials trophy are just Time Trials, you don't have to worry about destroying Time Boxes here.

I was not good with hitting those boxes... But at least you only only need Sapphire Relics for that yay.

What is not fun is having to do Time Trials 3 times for the Oxide Trials.

Even if, on your first run you manage to beat Oxide's Time, sorry bucko, gotta do it three times.

Also, fuck Dragon Mines. Fuck that track so hard.

Fuck that horrible ass spiral

Fuck those cringe ass pillars

Fuck those damn minecarts.

Fuck Fuck Fuck

• 1 month later...

1st June, 2022

Platinum #170

Lddc99a.png

1Ldc4829.png

:platinum:Utawarerumono
Acquired all trophies.

I remember back in 2017 when Mask of Deception was about to release.

I was told by people online that I should watch the anime of the original game that aired in 2005.

And that's what I did back when, and I gotta say, that was a pretty cool anime. I'm glad I've watched.

But I couldn't help but feel like playing the actual game would've been better, y'know?

So when they announced a remake of it, I was planning to get it, but since I had watched the anime and knew the plot, I've though to just wait for a sale on PSN.

And so I've picked it up on the last sale it was, and boy am I glad I did.

This really ain't as good as the sequels. I'd advise anybody to just watch the anime myself.

The SRPG in the Mask games was serviceable, but here it's really bad; the maps are small, and there isn't any strategy for them.

The final boss took me a goddamn hour to beat, fucker just had way more HP than he should.

The game is also really ugly, running at 720p and 30fps even on PS5.

I sure hope this is the last 720p game I play.

It also doesn't help that the assets weren't even made for 720p in mind, most likely made for 480p since this was a 2002 game.

They even cropped the CG images to fit in a widescreen when they were 4:3 originally, which I hate when they do that.

The plot is really why you'd play this game, and it's not as good as I thought it would be.

I remember watching the anime and thinking it was skipping stuff from the game, but nah, that's just how it was.

The world they made is pretty cool, and I wish I could've seen more of it, but the plot just jumps around with nothing really tying it together.

It's kind of an issue with older anime stuff, and I guess I can't be too harsh on this 2002 eroge game.

I was actually impressed by how much the main character fucks

like, sexual intercourse.

Of course, you don't see actual sex in this, but I though they'd just cut those scenes outright, but they just cut right when the sex happens I guess.

One thing for sure, I didn't need to see how Kuon was conceived haha.

I am glad I have all 3 plats now, but the first game is a bit rough. I'd recommend just playing the sequels.

Platinum #171

L5c5e73.png

1L8da7f0.png

:platinum:Living Legend
Obtain all trophies.

Took advantage of a ps store glitch that was giving the game for free on PS4, and upgraded that for the PS5 version.

Told myself that, just like any AAA game, that I'd just wait for a good sale or pick it up on PS+; and me getting the game for free made me want to just upgrade.

Like, why not? If I'm gonna play it, might as well be the best version there is.

And I'm glad I did, because the PS5 version is divine.

The graphics are divine, and the dualsense implementation is the best one from what I've tried.

Crossing a wooden bridge on your horse is simply divine, makes me want every game to use it like that.

Too bad I don't like the game.

Honestly, the first 10 hours and so it's pretty hype, but after that you've seen everything the game has to offer.

It gets so tiring uncovering all of the ? on the map. Definitely was forcing myself to play this one.

The first time you see a fox inviting you to follow it, it's hella cute.

But when you're doing it for the 100th time, I was just sick of it.

I don't think I'll be doing the multiplayer DLC, at least not for now.

It was a reminder that I am really not into these kinda games.

• 3 weeks later...

June 20, 2022

Platinum #175

Lfa035c.png

1La12eae.png

:platinum:Grand Finale
Obtained all trophies in Labyrinth of Refrain: Coven of Dusk.

Aight, so this has been quite a long time coming.

It took me 3 years, in fact, ever since I've first played it in January 2019

And that's all because of that damn Three Towers of Umbra stage

I honest to god could not figure out how to get past that stage, multiple times I would try to start this again and get stuck again.

It really wasn't until last year when someone posted the actual full maps of each area alongside a full walkthrought of the game, that I've actually managed to find out what I had to do.

Of course, I would end up getting stuck again at the final boss of the game, so that was unfortunate.

At least then I just knew that I just had to grind a bunch.

It sounded pretty boring, so I've shelved it again.

But, recently, I've decided to go back to it and push through it.

I've grinded for a few hours... and the final boss went by really easily, oops.

Of course, that was just the normal final boss; to plat the game you do have to beat the post game final boss, and that's one scary mofo.

Even with my party all at lv 99 and playing on Easy, it was still a pretty close fight.

I am glad I am finally done with the game, especially now that the sequel is announced to be coming out next year.

Really wanted to finish this before that got released.

I personally think this game is stellar, this truly is NIS at their best.

And if somehow the sequel is half as good as I hear people say it is, it might end up being my favorite game ever.

• 1 month later...

July 20, 2022

Plat #178

L0d6cb4.png

Marvel Spider-Man Miles Morales

1L954d81.png

:platinum:Be Yourself
Collect all Trophies

Aight, so here's a game that I was planning to get once it got really cheap, but when it was announced for PS+ Extra, I though I would've played though that.

But then, for work related reasons, I've ended up having to buy the game, had to pay US$70 for the Ultimate Edition on PSN for it.

Though I was given the money to buy it, so no biggie.

This is definitely more Marvel Spider-Man, if you liked the PS4 game, you'll enjoy this one.

I myself, am a bit tired of Marvel stuff, so I didn't enjoy it as much as others.

But as far as these open world checklist game goes, it's one of the best.

Admittedly, for the sake of work, I had to rush through the story mode, skipping all of the side content.

So I've ended up having to do only the side stuff afterwards.

Maybe that affected my enjoyment of the game.

Plat #179

Le7864c.png

Klonoa Phantasy Reverie Series

1L8a90f4.png

:platinum:The Dream Traveler
Collect all Trophies

So, this seemed like a prime example of a game I would just wait for a sale.

But...

They brought Klonoa back.

So I though "C'mon, Klonoa is worth $40" and so I've brought.

I had only played the first stage of Klonoa 2 before, and I remember really enjoying that.

And I gotta say, these games are wonderful. Easily some of the best platforms I've ever played, if not the best.

The remake is a bit cheap feeling, which is a bit distracting.

Not too bad for Klonoa 2 since it's just a straight up remaster of the PS2 game.

But Klonoa 1 feels a bit awkward. You can quite easily tell that Klonoa ears in that is just two prongs clipping through his head lol.

But that doesn't distract from the actual games, which are incredible.

I just really how depressing these games are.

Not depressing as it "they're so saaaad", but they're more structured like a dream.

Like, dreams can be really happy, but you gotta wake up at some point.

That ending of Klonoa 1... fuck, that is an incredible ending.

Sadly the ending here is just not as good as the PS1 ver.

I actually went to youtube and saw how the different endings went, and the PS1 ver, just looking off on youtube, gave me shivers. Fucking incredible.

But the remaster is fine enough, I still felt very emotional watching it.

And hey, it's better than the Wii ver, where they made Klonoa sound like Sonic lol.

Plat #180

Lad2b0d.png

1L1aee83.png

:platinum:Wish Granted
Obtain all other trophies.

Disgaea 5 saved my life.

Back when that game came out, my desire to play that game at launch, even when I didn't have a PS4, made me do a particular thing that was pretty reckless.

That ended up working great, and I've managed to buy a PS4 the month D5 was released, and also picked up a copy of the game when it released.

Honestly, I would not have been where I am right now if I didn't do what I did back when.

So I promised myself, that I would platinum Disgaea 5 only when I've felt truly happy.

That hasn't happened yet, but hey, here's Disgaea 6.

I remember when the game was first announced over here; it had a PS4 ver in Japan, but it would only come out on the Switch over here.

So that was a bummer, but I have a Switch, I was gonna play it through there I guess.

But then I played the demo, and boy... it ain't good.

It's also where my honeymoon phase with my Switch ended. I honestly have barely used mine for a good while now.

So I though I'd just wait, at the very least the game would come out to PC later I guess.

But hey, now they got it on Playstation, complete with all the DLC, wheee

For $70.

That's a bit wack.

But I brought it, why not? I love me some Disgaea.

Disgaea 6 is not worth $70, it's not even worth $60.

This game has barely any content compared to the other games.

Post game here is a joke.

The auto battle here is way too op.

Like, you'd think auto battle would just rush to enemies and attack them.

But no, they even give you the option to program your own AI to play the game for you.

I think there was 5 stages at best where I had to turn off auto battle and actually play the game.

Everything else I just pressed auto and let the game play for me.

Post game is especially bad, as the game clearly just wants you to leave the game running while you do something else.

Like, they only increased the level cap from 9999 to 99999999 so you just leave the game running.

Sometimes it was kinda cool, leaving the game running while I went to the gym, and come back all leveled up, but come on.

That just ain't fun.

Yesterday, when I had gotten my plat and could just, y'know, play videogames. It ended up feeling really nice.

That's why I like platting not so fun games, it just feels nice when you finish one of these games and can go back to playing an actual game you enjoy.

I just don't wanna take good videogames for granted, y'know?

And hey, I was a bit productive while I left the game idling.

I've leveled up my YuGiOh Master Duel Battle Pass

I watched this 7 hour video on youtube of a guy ranking spongebob episodes.

huh

• 1 month later...

July 31, 2022

L4495d1.png

1Ld7bad6.png

:platinum:All Done
Unlock all trophies.

Here's another Stray platinum, because why not?

It's really no surprise why this is so popular, this really is the perfect subscription service game.

Before I've played it, I was sure that this was not a game I would pay money for it.

And honestly, after playing it... I still wouldn't.

But hey, "free" for my PS+ Extra subscription, why not? I can give it a try.

And y'know, it's all right.

I would prefer if that robot thing wasn't there, and the game didn't have any dialogue.

As it is, it feels like they made a cat game, but they realized that they didn't have anything to do, so they just whipped out... whatever.

But hey, it's inoffensive, easy and "free". What's not to love?

August 8, 2022

Plat #183

L42d8eb.png

1L6f3ab7.png

void tRrLM();++
Obtained all trophies.

So here's a game I've always wanted to play.

I consider ZHP to be one of my favorite games ever, and I'm one of the few with the Guided Fate Paradox plat.

I really liked Nippon Ichi's Mystery Dungeon games, so I wanted to try this one out.

But it did look way more simpler than those games. Like, you don't even increase your base stats when you die in this.

It felt more like a regular Mystery Dungeon game than a NIS one.

But I saw this on sale the other day, and I decided to pick this up.

It was a bit more than what I wanted to pay for, but the PS4 ver was also on sale at half the price, so tbf I could've picked that instead.

But the PS5 ver is nice. It doesn't really do anything different than the ps4 ver, but the load times are really fast in this.

With the activity card, every time I died I could exit the game before the autosave kicked in then come back really fast by using the card.

As far as a mystery dungeon game goes, it's pretty neat.

The maps just look the same, with different colors, which is a bit disappointing.

But at least there's good enough enemy variety, to keep you on your toes.

The whole stuff with the human girl feels a bit pointless.

It's really easy to take care of her, and you have to actually put effort to fail.

Which is a bit of a shame, because seeing the different diseases she can get was pretty fun.

August 16, 2022

Ld09896.png

1Lad3656.png

:platinum:Fantasy Striker
Collect all trophies.

unknown.png

My electric bill after I decided to plug in both my PS4 and PS5 to self boost this shitty f2p fighting game because I saw the guide and though it'd be an easy way to get a rare plat.

Look, unless you really want an easy plat, just stay away from this piece of shit. Almost cried when my Survival Mode crashed when I just needed 10 more fights.

September 8, 2022

#185 (And 9000th trophy)

L76860a.png

1L88868b.png

:platinum:Living Legend
Awarded for earning all available trophies.

Playing Dragon Quest XI is weird.

Dragon Quest is basically Japan's favorite thing, and when you play XI, you truly feel a deep sense of responsibility the devs had for the game.

It's something that you just don't get from any other game.

Playing this game, it feels like you're going to a religious temple.

The production values this game has is completely insane.

And yet, I don't think I've enjoyed it quite as much as others.

I've actually played the Demo of it for the Switch, it was a pretty meaty demo, and playing there, I just didn't feel it.

Then I saw this on sale on PSN, and decided to try again. I though "If I actually spend money to play, I might get myself more motivated".

And turns out, I was right. It was a bit painful getting back to where I was before, but after I did that it was smooth sailing from there.

Act 1 is my favorite part of the game, it was cool going to new places and seeing things for the first time.

Act 2 is where things get a bit rough, where you just revisit places you've already been before. I was pretty bored of it, honestly; really had to force myself to keep playing.

Act 3... I'll keep my mouth shut, but I had more fun here than Act 2.

Of course, this is the Switch version (and the only version you can buy digitally now), which is cool, as it has some very cool features that are much appreciated.

If you wanna play the game, this is the version to go. The option for Super Fast speed during battles is a godsend, and the orchestral soundtrack is not that bad too.

I still think the soundtrack sucks major dick and it is easily the worst music I've heard in my entire life, but at least they give you the option to put the DQ 8 overworld theme in the S version, which is much appreciated.

The S does have some problems that do make it annoying. Main problem is that this is still a port of the Switch ver, so the graphics are noticeably worse than the original version.

And the 2D version they added is positively god awful. Major respect for them to remake the entire game in 2D, but... at what cost?

You do need to play this shitty 2D for the plat, which is hella annoying.

Though my biggest gripe is the fact that this doesn't run at 4K on PS4 Pro or PS5.

I dunno what resolution this game runs, but I have no idea how the Image Quality looks so poor in this compared to any other game I've played.

Real bummer too as the quality of the assets there is stellar, but it just don't look right.

I am glad I've played and stuck to it until the end, but it's not a game I'll ever go back to.