Is 'Unwavering' an online only trophy?

whittle181

Pick one of two criteria to fulfill this trophy:
- Finish all multiplayer maps on Gold.
or
- Finish all single-player missions on Insanity.
Obviously finishing the multiplayer maps has to be done online with other players, and is the more difficult option.
That being said, I've heard finishing all single-player missions on insanity is also tied to an online component. There is a counter which tracks your progress for this trophy only if you're signed in to the EA Servers. Multiple players have reported not signing in and being unable to pop this trophy. One day in the future, there will not be an option to do this when EA inevitably abandons Mass Effect.
So I'm wondering if anyone can debunk this rumour and categorically say that you do not need to be signed in, otherwise I'm going to have to continue where I left off with this game ASAP... thanks.

Edited by whittle181

• 4 months later...

I just unlocked this platinum last month, and one of the last trophies I unlocked before the platinum was this trophy. No, it is NOT online-only. But you do have to follow the critera as per the PST guide for it, you cant just do the Priority Missions to get it. 

Here is the link for the description in the guide https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/mass-effect-3/guide/#item-50

You can ignore doing another playthrough or anything else for the other insanity trophy; this method will unlock both.

• Like 1