Rise of the Giant weird trophy percents?

zeth07

Just looking at the trophies I am missing and the Rise of the Giant trophies have some weird percentages that don't make sense to me based on how the game works with those trophies.

1) "Life on the edge" = 2.47%

2) "Stargazing" = 2.64%

3) "I don't step on toes..." = 3.19%

How is this possible? They should be reversed no?

To get #3 you have to arrive in #2, to get #2 you have to go through #1. What am I missing here that more people have beat that particular boss than the number of people who even reached the areas to get to them?

As you can see in the trophy list, Rise of the Giant was released as three different trophy lists with three trophies each. PSNP computes the number of owners of each individual DLC list by looking at the number of people that earned at least one trophy in that list, and then taking the geometric mean with the number of total game owners (don't ask why, let's not go down that rabbit hole). 

That results in trophy rarities for DLC trophies not meaning anything whatsoever and, in cases such as this, in making no sense at all since all those trophies belong to the same DLC. 

I believe that the list was released as three separate lists as it was free DLC, and on Playstation, free DLC can only have up to three bronze trophies. 

Edited by Arcesius
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

That results in trophy rarities for DLC trophies not meaning anything whatsoever and, in cases such as this, in making no sense at all since all those trophies belong to the same DLC. 

This^

Don't try to understand PSNProfiles DLC rarity.

If you do, reality melts, and Cthulu comes out of the walls with an abacus and a slide-rule, ready to explain them, before devouring your mind.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

As you can see in the trophy list, Rise of the Giant was released as three different trophy lists with three trophies each. PSNP computes the number of each individual DLC list by looking at the number of people that earned at least one trophy in that list, and then taking the geometric mean with the number of total game owners (don't ask why, let's not go down that rabbit hole). 

I believe that the list was released as three separate lists as it was free DLC, and on Playstation, free DLC can only have up to three bronze trophies. 

Ok that makes sense in it's own way somehow, I appreciate the answer.