Trophy Thoughts

Tsundokuist

Just for anyone curious, I thought I’d create a topic on this… Firstly, the game is great, super fun and there are no online-specific trophies so difficulty-wise the only real obstacle to platinum is going to be the arcade mode, or more specifically one trophy:

19L8e79a1.png Stronger Than The Machine

Complete the Arcade mode with the highest difficulty.

The issue here is Arcade Mode (on any difficulty) doesn’t give you many credits (or seemingly have any setting to increase the number of them) and while you can earn credits racking up points in matches, we’re talking one or two credits per arcade mode run for a top-tier player.

This is especially tough as the CPU is no joke, seriously, unless a method of cheesing the CPU comes to light (it likely will) gamers new to this series (like me) should prepare to spend serious time getting very, VERY good before they beat it.

All the other trophies are fairly simple. They’re mostly situational and for performing certain moves 1/50/150 times (in any mode) or doing well (nowhere near perfect) in a pair of bonus stages in Arcade mode. The game doesn’t do a great job of explaining any of these mechanics but they are easily figured out in a few hours of normal play and very simple to execute.

Edited by Tsundokuist
  • Like 2

The list seems normal except for that trophy you mentioned. I played the beta a lot, and I played twice against the best of the world at the time (not kidding, he was first at the rankings). He was really good and dissapeared of the leaderboards the next week, so I can't imagine the IA at maximum difficulty

• Like 1

Just finished it.  Basically pretty similar in difficulty to the first Windjammers.  That one took me several months playing Arcade on Hard mode until I was finally able to win, but I was able to retain those skills into the sequel and finish it pretty quickly.  I would say it's a tad easier just because it's only 5 matches instead of 6 and you can earn as many as 3 continues in a playthrough if you play well.  I still needed all 3 of those continues to win the final match, but was able to pull it off.

As the first post mentioned there really isn't a way to cheese the AI other than eventually recognizing their patterns and the moves each character likes to do.   I prefer playing as Miller because he's fast enough to react to most things that happen, but if you feel comfortable with a different character I'm sure it's possible.

Edited by SHINE_GET_64
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SHINE_GET_64 said:

Just finished it.  Basically pretty similar in difficulty to the first Windjammers.  That one took me several months playing Arcade on Hard mode until I was finally able to win, but I was able to retain those skills into the sequel and finish it pretty quickly.  I would say it's a tad easier just because it's only 5 matches instead of 6 and you can earn as many as 3 continues in a playthrough if you play well.  I still needed all 3 of those continues to win the final match, but was able to pull it off.

Well done!

Did you figure out the hot dog bonus stage at all or do you think it’s a RNG? My second run was crappy and I tripped twice but ended up at 190M, now perfect runs (jumping everyone on the beach) are always ending up around 170M.

I’m not sure if the secret is in the button press for the frisbee throw or staying ahead of/behind the frisbee…

• Like 1

Well can only get to round 3 on hard but the AI just seems to get every shot and take no knock back regardless of how many back and forth super moves happen. Had a rally of 50+ with every shot type lol. Any tips on shots. I used the spin a lot but suddenly the AI became invulnerable to it no matter the direction. Crazy difficulty.