Multiplayer Trophies

nivasan6

It does not seem as though the online trophies can be boosted easily. I created a private lobby with my PS5 and used an alternate account on my PS4 to join, and was hoping it would actually start a race with just me. It was instead searching for other players and joined a session, possibly another group. 

Getting the online trophies without boosting is going to be a pain as there are bugs/glitches, and strange oddities. A strange oddity being that riding a wall will make you insanely fast, and only give a 3 second penalty. My first race was on an oval track and it was just me and another person racing, and when we entered the pits the game's collision detection went nuts. The game did not slow us down quick enough and we collided with the barrier causing me to jump the barrier and put back on track.

Disabling Crossplay takes way too long to find a match. Even with Crossplay enabled finding a match takes awhile. The reason I want to disable Crossplay is due to the game being out on PC for almost a year, and released a few months ago on Xbox. Thus, giving those players an advantage.

Another issue has to do with clean racing, or lack off. The first corner in a race with more than 4 people ends up being a complete mess. People don't brake and instead just push others off track. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I agree it was much easier though to pull a pole and win with crossplay disabled but after luckily finding a lobby immediately it went to hell. Im wondering if many people even realize they can take crossplay off some of these PC gamers are way too good to even think of competing with.

Edited by Stevieboy

• 1 month later...

Has anyone had any luck whatsoever in finding a game with cross-play disabled? I've never got past the 'Waiting for match' screen, and I've waited for some very lengthy periods.

I've played online against PC players and it's near impossible to stay near any of them. The odd time there's 1-2/12 PlayStation players in a lobby, we are all 20+ seconds behind the average finish times. Winning one race online seems like it's going to be harder than the distance trophy at this rate...

On 4/3/2022 at 1:49 PM, jordd71 said:

Has anyone had any luck whatsoever in finding a game with cross-play disabled? I've never got past the 'Waiting for match' screen, and I've waited for some very lengthy periods.

I've played online against PC players and it's near impossible to stay near any of them. The odd time there's 1-2/12 PlayStation players in a lobby, we are all 20+ seconds behind the average finish times. Winning one race online seems like it's going to be harder than the distance trophy at this rate...

I did when I was doing my platinum grind when the game released but it was spotty sometimes however wed have a few in the room when it did go for some strange reason. Id find a boosting partner if you can probably your best bet at this rate. Good luck on the plat if youre chasing it

• 1 month later...