A Few Tips

evs_castro

After getting the platinum recently and reading a lot of tips on different places, i've decided to write a few things here that might help some people going for plat.

- About making King appear: i've tried the method described on TrueAchievements of getting 5 medals and win all matches without dropping a game at least five times with no luck. What worked for me first time was doing the same, but always giving a point in every game. So, basically, winning every game but not perfectly. Might work for you aswell.

- About facing King: he is quite beatable, but this is by far the most frustrating trophy of the entire list because of how the difficulty ramps up in a very cheap way. What worked for me (and the majority of people) was to work on his right side, or left to you, and just look for the opportunities to score. Keep going, you can do it!

- About the World Tour: got on the third big tournament with my condition at Level 6 and, to my surprise, my anckle gave up on the finals. Was very frustrated and decided to have a look on the internet just to find a lot of people with the same issue. It looks like this mode was meant to be played more than once, because on your second run the higher levels you unlocked for the minigames are already available so you can get your condition to a higher level early. The second time, got to the last big tournament with my condition at Level 12 and was able to play all three matches with no issues but i believe Level 11 is already enough if you have the full bar. So dont be frustrated if you fail the first time because of your anckle, everyone goes through the same thing. lol

- About farming money: Special Match and Fancy Dress are the events that gives you the most money on World Tour (10k and 20k respectively), so focus on those.

Edited by evs_castro
  • Like 3

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 12/21/2022 at 3:32 AM, ALBi_95PL said:

Any tips for Poker Face and Arcade hero? These two are making my head hurt ☠️

Not sure if you still want an answer but here's my two cents:

Poker Face: Make sure you're on level 4 or higher. Other than that, this is luck based so don't stress. And if you didn't know, it's a cumulative trophy.

Look at the deck (pause if you have to). Sometimes you will see that you already have 3 or even 4 cards needed for a royal straight flush. Simply hit the other two until you get the cards needed for a royal straight flush. The PST trophy guide tells you what cards are needed; I can't recall offhand.

Arcade Hero: The guide made me think this trophy would be stressful. My noob ass got it on my first try. First, beat King if you haven't already (easy mode is allowed and recommended).

Now start a run on hard mode. After beating King, I promise you that hard mode will be easy. You get so many more points on hard mode that you don't need to focus much on getting points for X amount of lobs, X amount of ace serves, etc. In my whole run, I had 2 lobs and very few smashes or super shots. I still got way more points than I needed by the time I beat the last opponent.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1