!WARNING!

Sinthoras_96

So I just installed Crysis 2 and 3 Remastered and I was shocked about the complete joke of the HDR settings in both games. 

They both have a whitepoint and an additional HDR Brightness setting. The problem is: There is no calibration picture for both of them. So you have actually no idea how to set these correct. 

The default settings especially in Crysis 2 look like complete garbage. Way too bright and washed out. Don't ruin the experience by playing with these default settings! 

After a quick google search I found this page with recommended settings for both games:

https://www.hdrgamer.com/2022/01/crysis-remastered-trilogy-hdr-peak.html?m=1

The whitepoint needs to be adjusted to the peak brightness of your TV. Otherwise bright details will either be too dark or clip out and become invisible. 

For example I have an LGC9 with a HDR peak brightness of 730. So I've set the whitepoint in Crysis 2 to 40/100 and in Crysis 3 to 100/500.  Yeah they even managed to bring us two different setting ranges in the two games, which makes the confusion even worse. 

But even more important: 

The HDR Brightness in both games is set to 50/100 as default. 

For Crysis 3 this is fine, but Crysis 2 looks like complete shit with this setting. 

So like the site recommends: Crysis 2 HDR Brightness 0/100. 

The difference in picture quality is insane. And it's even more insane that the default settings are that bad. Most people probably have no idea about how to calibrate HDR settings and will just start playing the game. And it will look like shit and they will think that this is normal. A true shame. 

So please, if you happen to read this: Adjust your settings. Your visual experience will be on a different level. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

never ever go off of a games calibration. EVER. Stick to your TV calibration. 

Your realize that you need to set up your TV correctly (I recommend rtings.com), set up the PS5 correctly ( see the video) and after that you still need to adjust the ingame settings to match with both of them? 

Leaving every ingame setting on default only because your TV is calibrated is the worst thing you can do. The ingame settings need to be adjusted properly. Otherwise the HDR of the game won't fit with your TV. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

Your realize that you need to set up your TV correctly (I recommend rtings.com), set up the PS5 correctly ( see the video) and after that you still need to adjust the ingame settings to match with both of them? 

Leaving every ingame setting on default only because your TV is calibrated is the worst thing you can do. The ingame settings need to be adjusted properly. Otherwise the HDR of the game won't fit with your TV. 

i use rtings moron, i set console hdr and tv. I dont bother with much else because it isn't needed

Edited by Infected Elite

58 minutes ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

That's unfortunately not correct, but if you believe so then there is no point in discussing this further. 

look at certain games HDR options,  they're beyond washed out and thats on the game/devs fault. But idgaf about you. I followed Vincents video when i hooked up the console. Looks amazing. I'm not using the "hdr game settings" in the cyberpunk options for example because they're beyond washed out dumbass. Not to mention every game has different peak brightness points. 

You're also only discussing Crysis in which as far as i can tell, considering its on my backlog still, the games remaster is half assed. 

Edited by Infected Elite